Advertise for any upcoming Shows/Festivals/Gatherings
Subcide

Ancient Modernism - Exhibition – 28 September - 5 October

Postby Subcide » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Ancient Modernism – Letter art, Illustration and Beyond
Locations: Nature Art + Design - Auckland
Rogue and Vagabond - Wellington
Dates: 28 September to 5 October 2013

‘Ancient Modernism’ is an exhibition centred around the letter art of Belgian logo designer Christophe Szpajdel. Christophe is known for the logos of underground black metal bands such as ‘Old Man's Child’, ‘Borknagar’ and ‘Wolves in the Throne Room’ - his most well known logo being that of Norwegian black metal legends ‘Emperor’. He is the author of the book ‘Lord of the Logos: Designing the Metal Underground’. Additionally, he has been responsible for the logos of a number of local artists such as ‘Heresiarch’, ‘Blood Of The Moon’, ‘Winter Deluge’ and ‘Gugonix’.

‘Ancient Modernism’ will also feature the works of other New Zealand artists.

Wellington based Nick Keller, who as well as working for Weta Workshop, is responsible for the brilliant album cover art for the likes of local bands ‘Beast Wars’, ‘Heresiarch’, ‘Bulletbelt’ and ‘Razorwyre’ and US band ‘The Black Dahlia Murders’. Nick will be exhibiting the original cover art of both ‘Beast Wars’ album covers: Self Titled (Wellington) and ‘Blood Becomes Fire’ (Auckland)

Alexander "Bad News" Brown is an Auckland based illustrator whose finely detailed work has graced the albums and shirts of top international and NZ metal bands such as ‘Mitochondrion’, ‘Impiety’, ‘Nails’, ‘Bolzer’, ‘Pseudogod’, ‘Diocletian’, ‘Heresiarch’ and his own band (for which he plays guitar) ‘Witchrist’.

Keri-Mei Zagrobelna, is a Wellington based artist and will be exhibiting metal themed jewelry for ‘Ancient Modernism’.
“My work comments on ritual and our relationship with our bodies, containing aesthetics that represent ideas connected to my environment. I speak of cultural communications and interpersonal relationships through the language of jewellery.”

‘Exosthetik’ is the designer label of metal couturier/artist Jared Holland.
“Metal couture is fashion made from predominantly performance rather than precious metals. From full-scale occasional outfit, to elements within traditional garments and accessories to body adornment. Exosthetik metal couture items are handmade art objects; artifacts reflecting concepts and ideas, that will last literally hundreds of years.”

”Ancient Modernism - letter art and illustration in heavy metal and beyond”, runs concurrently in Wellington and Auckland for one week starting 28 September.
Last edited by Subcide on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

TimShadbolt

Re: Ancient Modernism - Exhibition – 28 September - 5 Octobe

Postby TimShadbolt » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:12 am

This.

Agnes

Postby Agnes » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Will definitely be heading along to this.

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:50 pm

remember to rub jareds head for luck
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Ancient Modernism – Letter art, Illustration and Beyond
Locations: Nature Art + Design - Auckland
Rogue and Vagabond - Wellington
Dates: 28 September to 5 October 2013

‘Ancient Modernism’ is an exhibition centred around the letter art of Belgian logo designer Christophe Szpajdel. Christophe is known for the logos of underground black metal bands such as ‘Old Man's Child’, ‘Borknagar’ and ‘Wolves in the Throne Room’ - his most well known logo being that of Norwegian black metal legends ‘Emperor’. He is the author of the book ‘Lord of the Logos: Designing the Metal Underground’. Additionally, he has been responsible for the logos of a number of local artists such as ‘Heresiarch’, ‘Blood Of The Moon’, ‘Winter Deluge’ and ‘Gugonix’.

‘Ancient Modernism’ will also feature the works of other New Zealand artists.

Wellington based Nick Keller, who as well as working for Weta Workshop, is responsible for the brilliant album cover art for the likes of local bands ‘Beast Wars’, ‘Heresiarch’, ‘Bulletbelt’ and ‘Razorwyre’ and US band ‘The Black Dahlia Murders’. Nick will be exhibiting the original cover art of both ‘Beast Wars’ album covers: Self Titled (Wellington) and ‘Blood Becomes Fire’ (Auckland)

Alexander "Bad News" Brown is an Auckland based illustrator whose finely detailed work has graced the albums and shirts of top international and NZ metal bands such as ‘Mitochondrion’, ‘Impiety’, ‘Nails’, ‘Bolzer’, ‘Pseudogod’, ‘Diocletian’, ‘Heresiarch’ and his own band (for which he plays guitar) ‘Witchrist’.

Keri-Mei Zagrobelna, is a Wellington based artist and will be exhibiting metal themed jewelry for ‘Ancient Modernism’.
“My work comments on ritual and our relationship with our bodies, containing aesthetics that represent ideas connected to my environment. I speak of cultural communications and interpersonal relationships through the language of jewellery.”

‘Exosthetik’ is the designer label of metal couturier/artist Jared Holland.
“Metal couture is fashion made from predominantly performance rather than precious metals. From full-scale occasional outfit, to elements within traditional garments and accessories to body adornment. Exosthetik metal couture items are handmade art objects; artifacts reflecting concepts and ideas, that will last literally hundreds of years.”

”Ancient Modernism - letter art and illustration in heavy metal and beyond”, runs concurrently in Wellington and Auckland for one week starting 28 September.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:19 am

This will be on display in Auckland
And this in Wellington:

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:23 pm

blastman

Postby blastman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 am

I'll be attending.

This exhibition is on the same street I live on.

Will attend Whammy gig afterwards.

This Saturday = mean times. 8)

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Enter the comp so you can score one of those sick custom symbolic etched cuffs Andy bro

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:06 pm

hahahaha fuck, i think im going to this, with a skuxx as bitch, i know jared holland too.

i wonder if is should take my skull collection, be fuckin mad as currency at this thing
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Philfy Vermin wrote:hahahaha fuck, i think im going to this, with a skuxx as bitch

You think she's skuxx but really she's just yucks

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:45 pm

nup, shes awesome as fuck, called me a silver fox, im fucking vibing on that.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:50 pm

whats on at whammy after this shit?

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Philfy Vermin wrote:whats on at whammy after this?

This: https://www.facebook.com/events/165700230286819/

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 am

Eddie's hobby band playing with some hobby bands in a hobby venue. :baton:
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:01 am

i might not be making it, im pretty poor, sorry everyone, try to have a good time without me.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:19 pm

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Wow dope

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:26 am

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:42 am

:|
Last edited by Philfy Vermin on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:43 am

Last edited by Philfy Vermin on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:44 am

Last edited by Philfy Vermin on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:45 am

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 am

Last edited by Philfy Vermin on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 am

This is great

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:47 am

Last edited by Philfy Vermin on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:48 am

Last edited by Philfy Vermin on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:48 am

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:50 am

Last edited by Philfy Vermin on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:05 am

Maybe you should then, go on, make me a logo, you can even choose the band name.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Return to “Upcoming Events”