Rogernomix, Felchers, Johos, Bazooka, Lorne St, Dec 8th, 7PM

Advertise for any upcoming Shows/Festivals/Gatherings
mark tyler

Rogernomix, Felchers, Johos, Bazooka, Lorne St, Dec 8th, 7PM

Postby mark tyler » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Nevermind the end of the Mayan calendar and all the empty-heads that believe that shit, this is the real apocalypse.
Bazooka finally hit the north to dispense their shrapnel accordingly.

Last edited by mark tyler on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

charlie1

Re: Rogernomix, Felchers, Johos, Bazooka, Lorne St, Dec 8th,

Postby charlie1 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Fucken Sweet as! looking forward to this!

Marms

Postby Marms » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:38 am

rad

dimery

Postby dimery » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm

cool, look forward to it! new drum riser arrangement at lorne is looking great, way more room for party times

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 pm

GUGONIX added to the lineup!! Fuck yeah
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 am

Sick!!!!

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Apparently there was a gig at Lorne Street last week that got shut down cos of el facistos living in apartment across the road, noise control, etc. So this is gonna start at 7PM el pronto and we're gonna give it our best shot with a start early/finish early type of caper. Whatever happens we're gonna get messed up. Hope to see y'all there.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 am

Fuck, I always have something on when there's a Lorne Street gig.
Want to see Gugonix though :S

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 pm

nice one, always wanted to see bazooka, and looking forward to checking out felchers, see yas there

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Will be good to catch up again Dave. Don't hold yer breath for Bazooka though, we're average as fuck and bullshitted our way into the gig to jump on any leftover beer and misplaced anti-depressants.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:02 pm

hah, thats the positive attitude that shapes anygood punkrock band. see ya there

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:14 am

Tomorrow night. Good times not long times.

daggers

Postby daggers » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:06 pm

just walked past this, I thought he boys were getting kicked out of dero headquarters?
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 am

Good times as. Once again I missed The Johos and Bazooka too (gutted) but caught Felchers and Rogernomix, both of which were sweet. Great catching up with heaps of GCs.

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Bazooka were fucken appalling. Has to be said. Even by our meagre standards, it was bad.
I saw the warning signs quite early when a big group of us were drinking in Jennie's backyard and i saw Fyfe stumble and crash into one of the wheelie bins. It was only 4.30 in the afternoon. I thought, "oh yeah, its gonna be like that is it?", and started demolishing any liquid i could get my hands on. And then someone forced some acid on us to try and wake us up a bit. Gee, that was a solid idea.
The set is a bit of a blur, but i do remember pissing myself laughing a couple of times when i knew we were all playing something completely different to each other. And i remember falling of my drumstool and crashing into the wall beside me, and i dropped my sticks heaps, and completely forgot the lyrics to some songs. And Fyfe was off on his own tangent, as was Victor. We tried to finish with one complete, coherent song, but gave up after about 6 or 7 attempts. By this time the room was almost empty anyway.Jennie came up afterwards and said, "are you insane? That was so fucken awful." And i overheard people talking about how terrible we were, and Gugonix were stoked cos they knew they wouldn't be the worst band of the night.
So all in all, a successful foray into the North Island for the mighty Bazooka.
That said, all the rest of the bands were brilliant, with Johos kicking things off enormously, Gugonix totally emptying the room, Johnny and the Felchers swinging the dancefloor into action, and Rogernomix fucken blowing everyone away. How good is that band.
A lot of good people in attendance too, still having flashbacks now of some that i bumped into and hadn't see for ages. General sweet vibe all night.
Afterwards we walked up and down the same street for about an hour before finally hailing a cab.
Thanks heaps to everyone for being so welcoming and tolerant of our ineptitude, all the other bands, the Lorne St crew for hosting us, and Wellington for turning it on.
Bazooka: making every genre undanceable.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:11 am

well its got to be said mark, that was definately a memorable performance haha! Your bassist even stopped mid song to have a chinwag with louie haha. i was impressed

johnny and the felchers are incredible

some unfortunate fisty cuffs towards the end of the evening. ah well, all in all a pretty punk evening i guess

Return to “Upcoming Events”