Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Advertise for any upcoming Shows/Festivals/Gatherings
User avatar
Tartanperil
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 am
Location: Dunedin

Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Tartanperil » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Image

Image

slutwalk wrote:The Slutwalk is part of an international movement against rape, and in particular against victim-blaming and rape myth. We believe that rape is always the responsibility of perpetrators, not of survivors.

We will meet outside the Dental School on Great King Street at 11.30am on Saturday the 1st of September, and march to the Octagon for the Slutwalk rally against victim-blaming.

We are standing in solidarity with everyone who has ever been called a 'slut' in a derogatory way. Everyone has the right to m
ake consensual autonomous decisions about their bodies and sex, and this should never be used as an excuse for rape. There is *no* excuse for rape or sexual abuse.

...
http://www.facebook.com/events/401204186603430/




Afterparty at Glue Gallery:

Opposite Sex, Strange Harvest, Zebu, Glee Cartel.
Gold coin entry. Proceeds to cover Slutwalk expenses
http://www.facebook.com/events/431168760255627/
Last edited by Tartanperil on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

old school punk
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:12 pm
Location: invervegas

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby old school punk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:19 pm

What expenses are invovled with walking :lol:
Any touring bands coming down south if you need flyers put up i can do it [free]

User avatar
Tartanperil
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 am
Location: Dunedin

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Tartanperil » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:13 am

If you do it legally about $300+ to close the road.

User avatar
Tartanperil
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 am
Location: Dunedin

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Tartanperil » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:45 am

nazi scum wrote:Up the Sluts!!

Thanks for the bump.

Come along to the march and defend people's right to dress how they choose without judgement or an "excuse" to be raped. Especially by Nazis.

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Little Miss Twoshoes
Posts: 1734
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:22 am
Location: In South Shoes Metro Station
Contact:

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Little Miss Twoshoes » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:16 am

While I'm totally down with the concept behind 'Slutwalking', I do wish they'd push it forward a few months in NZ. September 1 is just cruel if ya wana wear your undies as outers. Having to rug up kinda displaces the point imho :(


Also, I totally have that corset, but unfortunately, not the boobage.
"Personally, monsieur," said Poirot, "I don't give le fuck."

Shoot first, think never!

User avatar
Tartanperil
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 am
Location: Dunedin

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Tartanperil » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

...I have boobage, but no corset. :lol:

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Image

wait....im not sure if i get all this.

is it really what they are wearing?

i mean 99% of shirtless guys running arnt rapists either?


is this to say that only woman dressed at sluts get rapped?

someone help me understand
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby FC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:16 pm

It is about a comment that the police chief in toronto made that woman in skimpy clothes are more likely to get raped. The slutwalk aims to show that rape is not about what clothes you are wearing, nor should a woman ever be afraid to be attacked in public because of the clothes she is wearing/whether she is sexually attractive/whether she wants to get her root on a lot or whatever. Rape is not ok etc. This woman is saying that there is a double standard because noone would ever say that because a guy is running with no shirt on he might be raped.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

old school punk
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:12 pm
Location: invervegas

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby old school punk » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:32 pm

You almost sound like a caring chap Aiden
Any touring bands coming down south if you need flyers put up i can do it [free]

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby FC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Anything that promotes girls walking around wearing a bra is ok by me.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

User avatar
donvito
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby donvito » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:01 am

FC wrote:It is about a comment that the police chief in toronto made that woman in skimpy clothes are more likely to get raped. The slutwalk aims to show that rape is not about what clothes you are wearing, nor should a woman ever be afraid to be attacked in public because of the clothes she is wearing/whether she is sexually attractive/whether she wants to get her root on a lot or whatever. Rape is not ok etc. This woman is saying that there is a double standard because noone would ever say that because a guy is running with no shirt on he might be raped.


ah

i gotcha now

so.... all this is just over one guy in canada?

i mean.... obviously we know this isnt ture
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby FC » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:48 am

No, it's not, but his comments are what sparked this particular part of the feminist/anti-rape movement (the slut walks)
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

User avatar
Tartanperil
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 am
Location: Dunedin

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Tartanperil » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 am

Exactly.

It's about challenging the "she was asking for it" attitude.

No one is asking to be raped, smashed over or whatever, because of the way they dress or act.

Rapists are responsible for rape, not victims.

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:55 pm

It's about challenging the "she was asking for it" attitude.


who is saying this? one person right?

yes, but rapists will rape no matter what clothes they have on.

do you have statstics on what the victims were wearing?

im sure more than not they were normally dressed.



im pretty sure the girls who dress like sluts dont just dress like sluts for themselves. they want people to look at them. right? otherwise why would they dress up?

look all i am saying is i dont see any clear connection .....but please prove me wrong :baton:


disclaimer: i am not for rape :baton:
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Tartanperil
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 am
Location: Dunedin

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Tartanperil » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Cosmo Kramer wrote:
It's about challenging the "she was asking for it" attitude.


who is saying this? one person right?

That one person was law enforcement officer - that's only a step away from effective saying, use "she was asking for it" as a defense.


But no, it's just about one person. It's a pervasive attitude in some parts of society.

It's less accepted now that it was, but it's still there. You still commonly hear things like: "she was asking to be groped in that pub because she was wearing a skirt than covered nothing", "she should share some of the blame because she was acting like a slut and was all over him", etc.

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Tartanperil wrote:It's less accepted now that it was, but it's still there. You still commonly hear things like: "she was asking to be groped in that pub because she was wearing a skirt than covered nothing", "she should share some of the blame because she was acting like a slut and was all over him", etc.



where is this being said?

i have never heard it. are they saying this in court?

im just saying that the slut walk is giving off wrong reasons in my opinion...

i think 99% of people do not think dressed as sluts are asking to be raped.

if you look at rape statics im sure this is not the case.

the slut walk is another reason for gUrls to dress as sluts in public....like halloween


and of course... you know me...i am not complaining

:baton:
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
mmmm....good crack
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: down
Contact:

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby mmmm....good crack » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm

i agree, i think its a bit odd, "some old guy said something wack and not true, lets march" i think i straight up anti rape march would make more sense.
Image

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Yes

this is bizzare
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Dixon Cider A.C.
Posts: 3917
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: pito one

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:29 pm

mmmm....good crack wrote:i agree, i think its a bit odd, "some old guy said something wack and not true, lets march" i think i straight up anti rape march would make more sense.


posts the same as he talks. when reading his posts you can hear his voice.

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:34 pm

what you mean?
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
mmmm....good crack
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: down
Contact:

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby mmmm....good crack » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm

I tells it likes I sees it
Image

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 pm

well yeah..... shouldnt everyone?
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:53 am

Image

:baton: :baton: :baton:
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby FC » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 am

Think you're both missing the point. You say "99 % of people don't think that dressing like a slut means you should get raped" but I bet a bunch more people are thinking to themselves "i wonder if she was leading him on/if she didn't dress like that maybe she would be ok". It's not people saying she is to blame, but it's still that basic attitude that if a woman is dressing in next to nothing, then sometimes bad things might happen because of how she dressed/acted.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

User avatar
donvito
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby donvito » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:00 am

so just dress like shit then
Image

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:02 am

FC wrote:Think you're both missing the point. You say "99 % of people don't think that dressing like a slut means you should get raped" but I bet a bunch more people are thinking to themselves "i wonder if she was leading him on/if she didn't dress like that maybe she would be ok". It's not people saying she is to blame, but it's still that basic attitude that if a woman is dressing in next to nothing, then sometimes bad things might happen because of how she dressed/acted.



who is saying that?>!?!?!?!?!?

so far you have sid one person. a cop in canada
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:04 am

Image
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:05 am

hang on aiden,

i think we are talking about two different type of scenarios here.

are we talking about a standard rape senacrio - uyou know walking home alone.

or are we talking about rape at a party where the girl (or guy) was so drunk they then said it was rape?
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: Slutwalk Dunedin 2012, 1 September

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:06 am

and im just asking you all to clear up what you are saying and protesting for.

as i said ealier, all for anti rape stuff, obviosuly

:baton:
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates


Return to “Upcoming Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests