Wanted: Zines

Have you got anything you don't want and want to give it to a good home for nothing? Here is the place!
charlie1

Wanted: Zines

Postby charlie1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Hey,

Just trying to compile any unwanted zines (anything from the NZ punk scene past or present and anything else) so that i can try and start a bit of a community space at my new flat in happy valley. Keen to have a place for couch surfers and travelers alike to hang and read up on. If you have anything that you no longer require, or want hit me up and i can pay for postage :)

Thanks heaps.

akaxo

Re: Wanted: Zines

Postby akaxo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:17 pm

happy valley?
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

charlie1

Postby charlie1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Why the fuck not in happy valley? we have community gardens, at my last flat I had out of town bands crash often, and we play music here... whats wrong with ohiro road? its close enough to brooklyn and town respectively. Aro Valley has become yuppy ville we got ousted from our flat that we had been living in for years because our landlord became too greedy and upped the rent $300 in one hit.. Newtown is already gentrified. Where else are people going to hang and do awesome shit unless someone provides the space to do so? get amongst and get creative, and pro active. I am sick of people bitching and moaning that there isn't enough gigs or things to do but won't pay a fiver to even get in and support their mates. So I am going to create something, even though it may take time, to bring the punk community back a bit.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:51 pm

haha, i've been getting punk zines for nearly twenty years and have got heaps of old punk zines i was about to get rid of as i'm shifting house for the first time in about eight years and i thought i'd send them your way. i just didn't know where happy valley was so thought i'd ask but i get a bitching and moaning response. with that sort of attitude you'll probably not get many people coming around to read them so i won't bother sending them to you. i gather from your post above happy valley is in wellington, i had no idea until now there's a place called that there. i shall now enjoy chucking them in the recycling bin which is what i was hoping to avoid doing.

charlie1

Postby charlie1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Your question didn't state you don't know where happy valley is, and you didn't even state you had zines, how am I suppose to take "happy valley?" The is no information in the way you posed that other than to assume it's condescending. Sorry you took my comment as Bitchy I'm mearly making a point from the way you posed that. I would be greatly appreciative of Donations of reading material at my cost of postage. You could have just pmd me.

jont420

Postby jont420 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:37 pm

You must be an insufferable flatmate

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:51 am

akaxo wrote:i shall now enjoy chucking them in the recycling bin which is what i was hoping to avoid doing.

Zines brah, no need to throw them out! Your library will take them. Or me.

Otherwise I have to go round to this Charlie1 dudes house to go read them :explainittomelikeimfive:
Just kidding Charlie brohan, keep fighting the good fight

donvito

Postby donvito » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:23 am

happy valley?

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:46 am

haha, i think he might be in southland or maybe out somewhere rural near auckland, it's not clear from the original post unfortunately. i'd only heard of the one on the west coast until yesterday, yay for learning new things http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Valley,_New_Zealand

sorry aerozol already got a pm from someone else wanting them and said yes so they're off to somewhere i know they'll be appreciated but not to this happy valley place where the people don't seem very happy.

charlie1 wrote:Your question didn't state you don't know where happy valley is, and you didn't even state you had zines, how am I suppose to take "happy valley?" The is no information in the way you posed that other than to assume it's condescending. Sorry you took my comment as Bitchy I'm mearly making a point from the way you posed that. I would be greatly appreciative of Donations of reading material at my cost of postage. You could have just pmd me.
you might find life easier and people more willing to help you if your default assumption on anything you're unclear about isn't that people are having a go at you.

charlie1

Postby charlie1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:35 pm

[quote="aerozol"][quote="akaxo"]i shall now enjoy chucking them in the recycling bin which is what i was hoping to avoid doing.[/quote]
Zines brah, no need to throw them out! Your library will take them. Or me.

Otherwise I have to go round to this Charlie1 dudes house to go read them :explainittomelikeimfive:
Just kidding Charlie brohan, keep fighting the good fight[/quote]

I am actually a Girl, thanks for the assumption, this is why only douche bags roam on punkas these day. Good riddance to this horrible fucking forum.

the croc

Postby the croc » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Wow
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Always weird, asking for something, getting a bit of joviality in return, then calling us all horrible and vowing never to come back.

Until they want to ask for something again of course.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 am

...but before you go Charlie, important, can I still call you brohan?? The only alternative I can think of is 'sista' but I would have to test it out to see how it flies before we can really engage with it.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 am

well this is all hilarious. and to think all i wanted was to know where i'd be sending all my old zines and just asked quickly as i was in a hurry at the time. and i wouldn't have even bothered asking for the postage costs. glad the angry "everyone is always picking on me" attitude came out before i sent them free things. some people's attitudes and persecution complexes can be their own worst enemies...

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 pm

While i agree that Charlie totally took your post the wrong way, she's actually a real cool lady, and shit hot drummer too. "just sayin"
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:21 am

mark tyler wrote:While i agree that Charlie totally took your post the wrong way, she's actually a real cool lady, and shit hot drummer too. "just sayin"
haha, not feeling guilty about getting the zines instead of her are you?

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:22 am

General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 pm

:lol: :lol: come on Akaxo, i thought that was our tender little secret.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:31 am

nothing is secret around here. or tender.

i might have to draw swastikas on all the covers in case you're planning on sending them up to her so she doesn't want them, i hear wgtn punks don't like that sort of carry on. they'll be in the post tomorrow by the way.

old school punk

Postby old school punk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:28 pm

You don't need these Mark
Any touring bands coming down south if you need flyers put up i can do it [free]

Return to “Free Shit”