UK82 appreciation thread

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
dave-brown

UK82 appreciation thread

Postby dave-brown » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:09 am

Got a new band project cranking and been listening to allot of '82. Going through the classics but also finding allot I hadn't heard before.IF you have any good suggestions,chuck em up. Please avoid being a funny as guy and putting up Punks not Dead by Exploited, and although GBH are amazing, and undoubtedly legendary... i'd rather discover slightly bands slightly lesser known... heres a few goodies

also this is a ripper..... I only have Volume Two on vinyl, I would pay allot of money for this ..

dave-brown

Re: UK82 appreciation thread

Postby dave-brown » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:12 am

Slander and critique dircected at the Thatcher regime is also relevant and welcome here.... *two finger salute pulled in the general direction of Maggies grave.....

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:26 pm

There's a lot of this on my blog.
Vice Squad, The Wall, Crux, Crash, The Underdogs, The Samples, Actives, Riot/Clone, Test Tube Babies, The Insane, Dead Wretched, Destructors, Abrasive Wheels, Action Pact, Attak, Blitz, Blitzkrieg, Chaos UK, Chaotic Dischord, Court Martial, Dead Man's Shadow, Death Sentence, Disorder, Disrupters, Emergency, Lunatic Fringe, Mayhem, Red Alert, Violators, Partisans, The Blood, The Ejected, Undead, Varukers, The Expelled, Resistance 77, Sex Aids, No Choice, Ultra Violent .....

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:50 pm

No Way Out Records wrote:There's a lot of this on my blog.
Vice Squad, The Wall, Crux, Crash, The Underdogs, The Samples, Actives, Riot/Clone, Test Tube Babies, The Insane, Dead Wretched, Destructors, Abrasive Wheels, Action Pact, Attak, Blitz, Blitzkrieg, Chaos UK, Chaotic Dischord, Court Martial, Dead Man's Shadow, Death Sentence, Disorder, Disrupters, Emergency, Lunatic Fringe, Mayhem, Red Alert, Violators, Partisans, The Blood, The Ejected, Undead, Varukers, The Expelled, Resistance 77, Sex Aids, No Choice, Ultra Violent .....

cheers . Ill check it out. I Had a feeling you would have some good input in this thread. Sex aids are awesome. Was blasting them in my car this morning. Its hard to balance humour and good music but those dudes seem to ace it time and time again..... " me and my vice squad rockstar friends"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:53 pm

actually really like their unashamed genre drifting

"Look how happy he is"

Drax

Postby Drax » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Chaos UK are fairly well-known I guess, but I hadn't heard this one before. It's actually from an EP, not the release pictured:

"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:19 pm

King for a day, skint for a fortnight...

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Up your arse Samphetamine. When I started this thread and asked people not to post the Exploited, I actually was thinking of you and nearly specifically mentioned your name in the request. Your an absolute shit. Next time im in Nz im gonna egg your house, then discretely wipe my dickcheese all over your the door handle on your front door. I'll start by re opening my facebook account and disliking all your photos.

On another note Chaos Uk's Wurzels inspired project the Wazzuks are quite awesome

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:45 pm

dave-brown wrote:
On another note Chaos Uk's Wurzels inspired project the Wazzuks are quite awesome

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:50 am

Mau Maus and Virus are both worth checking out.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:37 pm

What do you reckon of Enzyme dave

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:39 am

Skeptix and Special Duties are also worth checking out. Not sure if they totally fit into the sub-genre, but the Instigators are great, too.

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:48 am

Also, Riot City comps tend to be a pretty decent way of hearing a range of these types of bands.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:What do you reckon of Enzyme dave

Re: What are you listening to -right now
Postby dave-brown » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:14 am

Enzyme - new melbourne heavy 82 with a tinge of crustyness. Chaos uk meets Disorder in a rhythmically chaotic fashion. Members of Kromosome, Pisschrist, Unknown to god and scabeater. Fucking epic man. Just watched em live at Squat show earlier tonight and now playing their demo tape. Well good!

They are easily the best band Melbourne has spat out in yonks. Grab a demo tape dude! It wont beat seeing them live, but its stil good. Good front man and the drummer does a well good job

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Kev Japan wrote:Mau Maus and Virus are both worth checking out.

Maus Maus are epic as, legit and fast punching. If you mean The Virus, they are street punk band from the states, sort of late 90's I think. Yanks often have great difficulty emulating uk82 brilliance. Street Punk definately stemmed from uk82 but the yank bands seem to produce a really non genuine street punk sound which is far too over produced and almost too marketable. But that is merely my opinion and also I was massively into that stuff in my late teens /early 20's. I think i still have my Virus and Cheap Sex records somewhere. I just listened to them on you tube, it wasn't even good for nostalgic purposes, The Virus do a good Blitz cover though.
Last edited by dave-brown on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Kev Japan wrote:Skeptix and Special Duties are also worth checking out. Not sure if they totally fit into the sub-genre, but the Instigators are great, too.

Ah they definately slot into the category, and agreed they are all awesome bands. Special Duties I have only recently started really getting into, they kind of shot themselves in the foot fan base wise with their anti Crass stance. But they are certainly have some corkers, simple but effective...
Last edited by dave-brown on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Enjoying this thread
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:38 am

dave-brown wrote:

Maus Maus are epic as, legit and fast punching. If you mean The Virus, they are street punk band from the states, sort of late 90's I think. Yanks often have great difficulty emulating uk82 brilliance. Street Punk definately stemmed from uk82 but the yank bands seem to produce a really non genuine street punk sound which is far too over produced and almost too marketable. But that is merely my opinion and also I was massively into that stuff in my late teens /early 20's. I think i still have my Virus and Cheap Sex records somewhere. I just listened to them on you tube, it wasn't even good for nostalgic purposes, The Virus do a good Blitz cover though.

nah mate, Virus are a UK anarchy band from the early mid 80's who have recently reformed and put out a couple of good ep's. Not really UK '82 as such..

https://www.discogs.com/artist/320148-Virus-19

http://madblastsofchaos.blogspot.co.nz/ ... abel/Virus

Mattsturbate

Postby Mattsturbate » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:31 pm

dave-brown wrote:

Enzyme - new melbourne heavy 82 with a tinge of crustyness. Chaos uk meets Disorder in a rhythmically chaotic fashion. Members of Kromosome, Pisschrist, Unknown to god and scabeater. Fucking epic man. Just watched em live at Squat show earlier tonight and now playing their demo tape. Well good!

They are easily the best band Melbourne has spat out in yonks. Grab a demo tape dude! It wont beat seeing them live, but its stil good. Good front man and the drummer does a well good job

Is anyone able to link the demo?

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Mattsturbate wrote:
dave-brown wrote:

http://voice-tapes.blogspot.co.nz/

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Mattsturbate wrote:
dave-brown wrote:

http://voice-tapes.blogspot.co.nz/2016/ ... t-now.html

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:32 pm

No Way Out Records wrote:
dave-brown wrote:

nah mate, Virus are a UK anarchy band from the early mid 80's who have recently reformed and put out a couple of good ep's. Not really UK '82 as such..

https://www.discogs.com/artist/320148-Virus-19

http://madblastsofchaos.blogspot.co.nz/ ... abel/Virus

Ah 'struth. Apologies Mr Kev Japan, my bad. Ive never heard them before, not bad, I have allot of time for that era of english Anarcho punk.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:41 pm

The demo recording is far better than the sound quality of this. This footage definately says, "I guess you had to be there", haha but yeah, I dig Jakes drumming style, it adds so much.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Stu is one of Sydney's goodest cunts

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Stu is one of Sydney's goodest cunts

Yeah he's well good. He moved to Melbourne and lives round the corner. Also I just moved in with your mate Canadian Phil. Hes also quite swell, hes pretty into Nos i've noticed.

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:17 am

Here's a Virus (UK) demo from 1984 (not 1982)!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMEyDlr3juA

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:34 am

Although they formed in '83, most Broken Bones stuff is pretty stellar.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:07 pm

dave-brown wrote:
Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Stu is one of Sydney's goodest cunts

Yeah he's well good. He moved to Melbourne and lives round the corner. Also I just moved in with your mate Canadian Phil. Hes also quite swell, hes pretty into Nos i've noticed.

Oh fuck yeah dope. Canadian Phil rules

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 am

dave-brown wrote:Up your arse Samphetamine. When I started this thread and asked people not to post the Exploited, I actually was thinking of you and nearly specifically mentioned your name in the request. Your an absolute shit. Next time im in Nz im gonna egg your house, then discretely wipe my dickcheese all over your the door handle on your front door. I'll start by re opening my facebook account and disliking all your photos.

:lol:
Fuck I'm glad you still post here.

You should get that dickcheese checked out.

Return to “Music”