the new hipster shit from uk (sleaford mods)

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
Dubpunker

the new hipster shit from uk (sleaford mods)

Postby Dubpunker » Sat May 17, 2014 8:45 am

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi-JClH7DZ0[/video]
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFFWF1DnZKM[/video]
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Njw0gYyVFQ[/video]

8O

Sam Deformed

Re: the new hipster shit from uk (sleaford mods)

Postby Sam Deformed » Sun May 18, 2014 11:54 pm

Fuckin rad.....really enjoyed these. Love the aggression in the lyrics and delivery. Calling it hipster though? :?

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 am

D0PE FLOW M8

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Mon May 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Ha. I was recommended checking these guys out just a couple of days ago... I like it. Dunno what makes it hipster, Dubpunker...
Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon May 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Hipsters like it, probably. Reminds me of Alexei Sayle a bit.
"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Mon May 19, 2014 3:25 pm

A bit like hipsters and black metal I guess. I mean, look at Drax. Spotted him at SPQR the other night talking about fashion.

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon May 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Except hipsters don't actually like black metal, they like Deafheaven. You probably do too, you fucking espresso-drinking, loafer-wearing cocksucker.

Dead Kid wrote:Hipsters like it, probably. Reminds me of Alexei Sayle a bit.

Precisely.

I want the job of the meth casualty who presses play and then stands around drinking a beer. Best imaginable band-member role since the guy from Slipknot who whacks drums and runs around.

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Mon May 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Drax wrote:Except hipsters don't actually like black metal, they like Deafheaven. You probably do too, you fucking espresso-drinking, loafer-wearing cocksucker.

I have never did that.

Who the fuck is Deafheavan? Sounds like your cup of tea... Wouldn't surprise me if they put out their own tapes under a indie hipster label like Wizardcocks or some shit.

And they're boat shoes, not loafers, cunt.

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon May 19, 2014 4:31 pm

Stop lying to yourself.

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Mon May 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Oh my god Sam do some bloody work, would you?

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Mon May 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Drax wrote:Except hipsters don't actually like black metal, they like Deafheaven.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Mon May 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Claiming hipsters only like popular "black metal" is just encouraging them, don't play their game.

Death Grips is apparently 'hipster' so this probably is too, who cares

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon May 19, 2014 8:11 pm

A bazillion fucking great artists are 'hipster'.

Not too sure if this is great though. It's pretty retarded. Still jealous of the 'DJ' though. He's like a lazy Bez.

Dan Last
Vibe Bringer

Postby Dan Last » Mon May 19, 2014 8:28 pm

I can't imagine listening to a whole lot of this - like, a song on a mixtape, or one on each side, but it's pretty samey over three songs. It's alright.
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Mon May 19, 2014 8:41 pm

*sigh* <rant>I had a beard and a waxed moustache, wore wayfarer style glasses, was deep into nerd culture, listened to metal and indie, said no to dairy, drunk espresso coffee daily, etc etc BEFORE ALL THAT SHIT WAS HIPSTER. Does that make me some kind of veteran hipster? No - it just makes me old and PISSED OFF with anybody that calls anybody else a "hipster". It's mostly (not you dubpunker) a bunch of loser pieces of shit displaying the kind of condescending mockery that only a self-indulgent wanker can do without realising they're making themselves look jealous as fuck by calling other people out for trying to be more cultured. Or something. I don't even know what I'm saying any more. I get fucking annoyed with hipster bashing eh. Who gives a fuck what anybody else is or isn't into. Except Deafheaven listeners - I think anybody that listens to that watered down post-black metal rubbish have just fallen victim to a trend until they can tell me -why- they like them. On that note if a large swathe of women suddenly want to wear metal shirts and stockings with upside-down crosses on them then I'm certainly not complaining. Shit...</rant>

EDIT: Didn't punctuate as best I could.
Last edited by TimShadbolt on Mon May 19, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Mon May 19, 2014 8:48 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:*sigh* <rant>I had a beard and a waxed moustache, wore wayfarer style glasses, was deep into nerd culture, listened to metal and indie, said no to dairy, drunk espresso coffee daily, etc etc BEFORE ALL THAT SHIT WAS HIPSTER. Does that make me some kind of veteran hipster? No - it just makes me old and PISSED OFF with anybody that calls anybody else a "hipster". It's mostly (not you dubpunker) a bunch of loser pieces of shit displaying the kind of condescending mockery that only a self-indulgent wanker can do without realising they're making themselves look jealous as fuck by calling other people out for trying to be more cultured. Or something. I don't even know what I'm saying any more. I get fucking annoyed with hipster bashing eh. Who gives a fuck what anybody else is or isn't into. Except Deafheaven listeners - I think anybody that listens to that watered down post-black metal rubbish have just fallen victim to a trend until they can tell me -why- they like them. On that note if a large swathe of women suddenly want to wear metal shirts and stocking with upside-down crosses on them then I'm certainly not complaining. Shit...</rant>

Far, what a blardy hipster.

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Mon May 19, 2014 8:52 pm

IKR. FML. In Wellington there's a big anti-hipster attitude going around and it sucks. People that don't like certain cafes or venues (eg Midnight Espresso, Fidels, Espressoholic, Puppies, Mighty Mighty) they just go on and on and on about it. It fucking sucks. Why do people gotta complain about it so fucking much?! Nobody is a hipster. People just like what they like.

Well... Except maybe this guy:
^ If he had stretched ears he'd look almost exactly like the guy that makes my coffee most days. Christ.

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon May 19, 2014 9:48 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:IKR. FML. In Wellington there's a big anti-hipster attitude going around and it sucks. People that don't like certain cafes or venues (eg Midnight Espresso, Fidels, Espressoholic, Puppies, Mighty Mighty) they just go on and on and on about it. It fucking sucks. Why do people gotta complain about it so fucking much?! Nobody is a hipster. People just like what they like.

Well... Except maybe this guy:
^ If he had stretched ears he'd look almost exactly like the guy that makes my coffee most days. Christ.

Shut up.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon May 19, 2014 9:48 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:*sigh* <rant>I had a beard and a waxed moustache, wore wayfarer style glasses, was deep into nerd culture, listened to metal and indie, said no to dairy, drunk espresso coffee daily, etc etc BEFORE ALL THAT SHIT WAS HIPSTER. Does that make me some kind of veteran hipster? No - it just makes me old and PISSED OFF with anybody that calls anybody else a "hipster". It's mostly (not you dubpunker) a bunch of loser pieces of shit displaying the kind of condescending mockery that only a self-indulgent wanker can do without realising they're making themselves look jealous as fuck by calling other people out for trying to be more cultured. Or something. I don't even know what I'm saying any more. I get fucking annoyed with hipster bashing eh. Who gives a fuck what anybody else is or isn't into. Except Deafheaven listeners - I think anybody that listens to that watered down post-black metal rubbish have just fallen victim to a trend until they can tell me -why- they like them. On that note if a large swathe of women suddenly want to wear metal shirts and stockings with upside-down crosses on them then I'm certainly not complaining. Shit...</rant>

EDIT: Didn't punctuate as best I could.

I read that in the voice of Sleaford Mods and it sounded bloody good. When does your album come out?
"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Drax wrote:Shut up.

Okay.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:In Wellington there's a big anti-hipster attitude going around and it sucks. People that don't like certain cafes or venues (eg Midnight Espresso, Fidels, Espressoholic, Puppies, Mighty Mighty) they just go on and on and on about it. It fucking sucks. Why do people gotta complain about it so fucking much?! Nobody is a hipster.

Hipster has clearly identifiable qualities, and Wellington is FUCKING HIPSTER. On a global scale. No point denying it.

That being said, everyone loves to bitch about it, and then they have to spend a weekend back in wherever the fuck NZ bogan town they come from without any comparably interesting music, shit coffee, shit art, shit beers, and all of a sudden they realise that 'hipster' is code for 'better than racist homophobic p-smoking bogantown' and thank god for it.

On the other hand, the really really hipster people I know are pieces of shit who wouldn't give you the time of day unless you had some kind of stupid too-cool act going on as well, and most of them deserve to be looked down upon. The service you get at some of the places you mentioned is softcrackcock-smoking TERRIBLE sometimes, because (SOME) of their staff are those people.
But that doesn't mean hipster = bad, I'm a designer, have a 'stache (too sloppy though maybe), like craft beer, listen to a wide range of music. Not a bad thing, just don't be a fucking douchebag and look down on people as well.
It sucks if you got burnt by association, but I'd just be stoked that you took the good parts and left the shit.

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon May 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Nah fuck that. Get a gun and shoot them in the face.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Mon May 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Drax wrote:Nah fuck that. Get a gun and shoot them in the face.

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

daggers

Postby daggers » Mon May 19, 2014 11:22 pm

if Deafhaven is the hipster black metal opus then I can go back to listening to WitTR in peaces
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue May 20, 2014 12:25 am

Drax wrote:I want the job of the meth casualty who presses play and then stands around drinking a beer. Best imaginable band-member role since the guy from Slipknot who whacks drums and runs around.

haha yes so much this :lol: Just casually nods his head now and then...always has a beer+ciggie in hand.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Tue May 20, 2014 1:18 am

Preeeeettty sure I got a limited edition cassette tape release from you recently :calav:

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue May 20, 2014 8:03 am

I remember being called emo at 32 years old, because I was wearing stripy tights and had silly coloured hair, as I had been for the previous 20ish years. And remember when an emo kid was something very different.
Hipster hate is just the same. Fashion douches will wear and go wherever and whatever is cool, and will move on. And when in Welly I will still drink coffee at Midnight, as I have since December 1991.
Uncinia vector

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue May 20, 2014 2:40 pm

aerozol wrote:

Preeeeettty sure I got a limited edition cassette tape release from you recently :calav:

Did you pay money for it?

You fucking hipster.

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Tue May 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Hopefully it was enough to cover your hazelnut macchiato...

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue May 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Yes, it was appropriately overpriced.

Return to “Music”