HEAD LIKE A HOLE to play entire 13 album live??

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
bruce wayne

HEAD LIKE A HOLE to play entire 13 album live??

Postby bruce wayne » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:18 am

don`t know if this ones(or wikipedia) to believed but just read this would be amazing if they do it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLAH#2012- ... t_album_13
2012-2013 Re-release of Debut album 13
Due to family circumstances, Head Like a Hole did not do many performances in 2012
instead concentrating on projects such as remastering their debut album 13 to be released on the 20th anniversary in 2013
followed by a tour in which the band plan to play the entire album 13 with various tracks of the other albums. HLAH also released a track "Sometimes the Wolf" which was a track that was not completed at the time of compiling the album Blood Will Out

Dixon Cider A.C.

Re: HEAD LIKE A HOLE to play entire 13 album live??

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 am

Thought thread title said hlah to play entire 13 albums live. Thought fuck that would be one long boring show.

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:50 am

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Thought thread title said hlah to play entire 13 albums live. Thought fuck that would be one long boring show.

what would you rather hear the i`m on fire cover???
Last edited by bruce wayne on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Not really interested at all tbh...

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Last time I listened to 13 (which was years ago) some of it seemed to have dated quite badly i.e. the bits they were trying to sound Chilli Peppers/FNM. Regardless of that it is a very energetic album and from an era where they put on some kick ass live shows.

Would attend.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Not as good as when Shihad claimed they were going to perform every album and I thought I had a chance of seeing Churn live. Would attend though.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:06 pm

i'm one of those people that loves everything HLAH ever did. Haven't seen them live for a long time but would definitely go to one of these shows, although it wouldn't quite have the same kick without Hiddee on drums, and its been years since i've listened to this album.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Subcide wrote:Regardless of that it is a very energetic album and from an era where they put on some kick ass live shows.

it was such a revelation to me at the time when it came out,fish across face debuted at around number 8 in the national charts
it just roared over the top of all the other nz rock acts on tv at the time like push push,nine livez,rumblefish,dead flowers and even shihad
saw some great shows from that era like AK university cafe and the gluepot

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:15 pm

J wrote:the last time i went to a hlah reunion show i decided to never go to reunion shows for any band ever again out of fear of destroying fond teenage memories. sommerset and brubeck excluded.

I saw em play on the "Blood Will Out" tour after the initial reunion shows. I thought they were pretty decent. Definitely showed them to still have energy but also to have matured as musicians. It was a bit depressing that there seemed to be no one under 30 in the Audience though.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Dead Kid wrote:Not as good as when Shihad claimed they were going to perform every album and I thought I had a chance of seeing Churn live. Would attend though.

At least Shihad are playing songs from Churn live again now. I think they've been opening with Factory and one other on their summer tours.

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Subcide wrote:
Dead Kid wrote:Not as good as when Shihad claimed they were going to perform every album and I thought I had a chance of seeing Churn live. Would attend though.

At least Shihad are playing songs from Churn live again now. I think they've been opening with Factory and one other on their summer tours.

they hardly even play bitter anymore

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:44 pm

bruce wayne wrote:
Subcide wrote:

they hardly even play bitter anymore

I always felt that 'Bitter' sounded like a left over from 'Churn' that they used to fill up the second album.

This is an interesting one that isn't on any albums and came out between 'Devolve' and 'Churn':

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykqEAbi8iBs[/youtube]

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:32 am

Subcide wrote:This is an interesting one that isn't on any albums and came out between 'Devolve' and 'Churn':

it was on an compilation album from 1992 promoting safe sex called PRIME SEX:UNZIPPED
i used to have this video taped off TVFM,it aired (once only i think) shortly after karen hay took over presenting and programming the show

Sex (is very sexy) Moana and the Moahunters
She got rhythm Supergroove
Take my love Ngaire
Grave lullabye These Wilding Ways
Damn dem funky hormones Rough Opinion
What we get Shihad

BUY IT HERE....if you want to pay that much for it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prime-Sex-Unzip ... 0131579536
Last edited by bruce wayne on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 am

Subcide wrote:I always felt that 'Bitter' sounded like a left over from 'Churn' that they used to fill up the second album.

well each to their own,i think one of their best songs.....it has kind of sentimental value having been at the 1995 BDO when the video was filmed,there was some real magic about that whole day it was the best BDO ever to me
shihads set was the best performance i ever saw of them

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm

i saw HLAH last year, thought they were pretty good, never really was into them in their day.
shihad i could do without thank you very much.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

mike

Postby mike » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:55 pm

cant really see them doing that song Mark the drummer used to sing (sesame street one been awhile) without him and his death Metal sorta grunts. I remember them doin that at Powerstation before L7 one of the few times Ive seen a NZ band really blow away a so called Big name at the time overseas act (plus it seems the overseas act always used to seem a lot louder on the PA but not that night) L7 sorta fell to pieces onstage
and I always thought Evil priest did the job on the first Terror tour at Youthzone (its only my opinion but fuck they sounded good as I thought)

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 pm

mike wrote:one of the few times Ive seen a NZ band really blow away a so called Big name at the time overseas act

L7 we`re a big name??? i thought like alot of the bands in so called 90`s alternative revolution they had their 15 secs of fame and then slid off the map unoticed

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

bruce wayne wrote:
Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Thought thread title said hlah to play entire 13 albums live. Thought fuck that would be one long boring show.

what would you rather hear the i`m on fire cover???

Bruce why did you edit this comment from three years ago

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 pm

After acknowledgment of his Danzig gag in the x-men thread he was prompted to review other potential past zingers

Sadly, edited posts included, his talley still remained 1 off 1675
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:07 am

Only took HLAH 4 years. Saw them play 13 in full in May and it was deece, though songs in album setlists blend together a bit if you haven't studied properly in advance. Had a drink with bruce wayne. :calavcalav:

I missed the doco screening, need to see that sometime.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Return to “Music”