King Cannons heading straight to the top

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
FC
Orange Ska Dork

King Cannons heading straight to the top

Postby FC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 pm

of the generic rock and roll rubbish heap

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42m7w_syV-c[/youtube]

Was trying to think what the song reminded me of, firstly I thought a bad social distortion...and then it hit me....its bloody chazz rabble. Apparently this is what you sound like when you suck all the soul out of your music and try to write something that you think people will like.

Some more drivel for comparisons sake

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8_6k_WokiY[/youtube]
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Re: King Cannons heading straight to the top

Postby dclxvi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Nathanael

Postby Nathanael » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 am

LOL
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 am

some really needs to tell rob to lose the mo
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:35 am

I dunno, it has a certain shitty charm. If he reads this, I'm sure you're still wonderful Rob, but Luke has always been a bit of a cock.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:55 pm

FC wrote: Luke has always been a bit of a cock.

This. Everyone else in the band is a cool cunt.
He's been the worst part of every band ive seen him in and did the worst speech at the big day out Ive ever seen.
Embarrassing as.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Nathanael

Postby Nathanael » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:52 pm

My photo above is from some music school on Sydney rd in Melb. His was the only one that had been signed.
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:08 pm

haha, yeh have to agree, ting and lanae are all good, luke sux tho, dunno the drummer, song wasnt that bad, i wouldnt want to buy it, but its all good as background music in a pub or something.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Writing music for people to not listen to while they chat to their friends is hardly something to aspire to.

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 pm

akaxo wrote:some really needs to tell rob to lose the mo

no way. you crazy

ghetto ninja wrote:
FC wrote: Luke has always been a bit of a cock.

This. Everyone else in the band is a cool cunt.
He's been the worst part of every band ive seen him in and did the worst speech at the big day out Ive ever seen.
Embarrassing as.

gizz a rundown of it?
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:51 am

I always thought Luke was kinda like an easy target for punker than thou types to make fun of. Looked like he's seen a few 'how to dress punk' videos on youtube or something. But never seen him be anything but a nice guy in reality?

That said, this song is abysmally boring.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 am

I guess you didn't know him well enough. I used to find him quite a personable chap back in the HPM days, but he was more dick than not well before he started Suicide Dogs.

Drax

Postby Drax » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:59 am

FC wrote:Writing music for people to not listen to while they chat to their friends is hardly something to aspire to.

Are you just jealous that your roots rock reggae band never took off?

Gotta say Luke's never been anything but a nice person to me, same with anyone in any the other bands he's been in. But seriously, fuck this music. On par with rockabilly revival and folk punk. Joe Strummer's corpse has a lot to answer as far as shit music goes.

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:32 am

Hah comparing that to Chazz is a bit rugged....tunes aren't that bad at all and much better than Social Ds latest effort. Video wasn't the best though. Didn't realise that was Rob! Fella suits that moustache to hell if you ask me.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:10 am

I enjoy having a giggle at the Cannons, but you guys are mean :(. Thought it was rats as they didn't get a local punk/ska band to open for them when they last played here...but reading this thread I can probably understand why the chose not to :P. Don't really know the others in the band but the Ting brothers were always decent. Talented bunch of people

As cheesy as their original stuff was, I enjoyed it. The new stuff, as much as a like Strummer/Springsteen/ and/or Social D/Gaslight esk stuff, it's nice enough to listen to but highly unmemorable.

Undecided on the moustache, I think he'd pull it off more if it was groomed better, pencil perhaps
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:35 am

i think his neck tattoo should have been positioned more to the left, and his hair is just parted all wrong
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:42 am

Drax wrote:Gotta say Luke's never been anything but a nice person to me, same with anyone in any the other bands he's been in.

Same here.

Agree with Pert about the Springsteen comparison. It's rock music. It exists. Certainly not the same vibe as that Rabble song.
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 pm

the american accent in that Chuzz Rabbol clip is cringe worthy

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Dick Dynamite wrote:I always thought Luke was kinda like an easy target for punker than thou types to make fun of. Looked like he's seen a few 'how to dress punk' videos on youtube or something. But never seen him be anything but a nice guy in reality?

That said, this song is abysmally boring.

he is a punker than thou type, he did the hard yards dressing like shit for a while before he started up with the whole purple leopardskin and platform creepers brigade.

ive always found him hard to get on with, but thats mainly cos he said on here he was gunna knock my teeth out, lol.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:16 pm

We let the Suicide Dogs record some demos in our basement at the Grove and Luke just acted like a fucking rockstar to us. We were supposed to get beers out of it but we were made to feel like they were doing us a favour by gracing us with there presence. He was always really selective over whether he would bother saying hi in public and stupid shit like that. Never heard anything but thick as pigshit cliches come out of his mouth. Just fucking rude tbh
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 pm

He was also my Judas in the bleeders saga, and then the cheeky cunt came over with Gemma and co. to see if I was ok later that night. Was a pretty good cunt back in the days of HPM, when they went to parachute and ran around with pirate swords, but I guess he was too young to think he was cooler than thou.

Drax

Postby Drax » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:28 pm

You're all just bitter internet losers. King Cannons are the best supergroup since the Transplants.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 pm

FC wrote:He was also my Judas in the bleeders saga

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:16 pm

im pretty comfortable with aidan comparing himself to jesus

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Well I am without reproach.

turk188

Postby turk188 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:18 pm

I thought these guys had some good songs back in the day but everything they do now is less inspiring and seems more like a rock and roll pastiche. But the alternative radio kids love it.

From my run ins with them, the guitarist, bongo player and bass player are nice. The singer loves himself and is a walking cliche and loves to play the working class hero vibe, the drummer was a creep and the keyboardist is so so. The fact these guys have been around for 4 or so years and haven't done a album and seem to carefully manufacture each thing they do shows it's all about a career.

I had some mates who helped them out with some gigs when they were starting out. The gigs were very small attendence as no one gave a shit about the band then. Anyway my mates found out that the singer was talking shit about the shows to a mutual party a couple of months after the show. Nice bloke.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:33 pm

if luke posed any harder he would literally turn into a lars frederickson statue

turk188

Postby turk188 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:12 pm

You shouldn't talk about the reincarnation of Joe Strummer like that

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:03 pm

I don't mind the King Cannons as its something mediocre in a stream of pure shit that gets played on the radio. And Rob is an awesome dood.

stu

Postby stu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Go for it if its what they want to do. I dont think a bunch of jerks in stink bands should be bagging on another stink band so hard, but whateves. That Living End support tour they did in Aussie would have been pretty fun.

Gimme Not With You/Real Real Sick, Ghost Echoes & Rubberband any day!!
Its an ugly, ugly life.

Return to “Music”