Subcide Webzine: Solar Mass interview

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
Dead Kid

Re: Subcide Webzine - Interview: Vánargandr and Satanism in

Postby Dead Kid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:36 pm

xCaptainx wrote:Did Cosmo ever answer those questions?

It's a damn shame Chris couldn't complete the interview for Chris before Chris' brain went criss-crossed.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:07 pm

xCaptainx wrote:Did Cosmo ever answer those questions?

No. I heard Rayzorwyre had split up so I'm not sure I'll ever get them.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:27 pm

the 1e regrat i had wif bnd was not complite intarviw

:(
Kramer Murphy and Associates

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Fuck, are Razorwyre over?
BOOOOOO
The whole country got a little less gay, I dont like it.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:33 pm

jus between u and me ediey (it not ova)

(dont tell rigbly tryig to ghet out iof intviewe :baton: )

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Do you think they broke up because they did not want to do the interview?

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:40 pm

I would love to read the 'interview' with Razorwyre/ Chris that's just a compilation of all the excuses he's made about why he hasn't done the interview yet

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:56 pm

aerozol wrote:I would love to read the 'interview' with Razorwyre/ Chris that's just a compilation of all the excuses he's made about why he hasn't done the interview yet

simin pls

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 pm

:baton:

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Subcide wrote:No. I heard Rayzorwyre had split up so I'm not sure I'll ever get them.

Post the questions one by one in the Friday Shit Taking thread and if Cosmo's too slow to answer each one, we'll help with a bit of communicational flair.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Dead Kid wrote:
Subcide wrote:No. I heard Rayzorwyre had split up so I'm not sure I'll ever get them.

Post the questions one by one in the Friday Shit Taking thread and if Cosmo's too slow to answer each one, we'll help with a bit of communicational flair.

This is a good idea...
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Subcide wrote:
Subcide wrote:

The whole thing just strikes me as a sort of mental role-playing taken too far, perpetuated by incredibly sad but somewhat smart to a point men with social flaws, psychological problems, and stubborn, closed minds that they confuse as enlightened will-power.

That this guy - let's call him Neville for the sake of not having to type out his daft pseudonym - was a protege of old mate Kerry Bolton is telling in itself, given that chaps propensity for attracting and manipulating vulnerable, disenfranchised young men and presenting them with a bombardment of attractive and seemingly complex mumbo-jumbo that allows them a sense of personal power.

I just think it's all a bit of a load of pseudo-intellectual shit, akin to those Watchtower magazines that bully the stupid into believing in God by bullying the reader with statements and poor "facts", except in this case it's like a convoluted version of AD&D in which you are expected to accept a series of so-called truths and vague allusions to previous mystic orders that amounted to fuck all and, should you find them to be wanting, you're mocked for not having done enough research - ie. haven't been able to jump through enough illogical mental hoops - to come to the correct conclusions that allow you to add more points to your character sheet.

After doing a bit of a google and reading another interview Neville was kind enough to grant someone in the blogosphere, it was interesting and very, very telling to note that his involvement with Kerry led to him being involved with our good friend Mr Boltons other, more political aspirations, to the point where he implied that he was asked to lead the NF or whatever variant of up to fuck all they were going by at the time. To Kerry's credit, he did have the decency to admit in a more recent interview that the constant re-branding was more out of a desperation to appear to be achieving a lot more than the reality of the situation. I see a parallel here with Neville's own achievements in that while denouncing the weak and surrounding himself in convoluted turns of phrase and justifications for his musical output, reading between the lines you get an impression of someone desperate to appear to seen as having achieved far more than he actually has, and he strikes me as someone clever enough to shroud his less than glorious achievements in deliberate pseudo-intellectual confusion. Sort of like an art student in a free noise band who can't actually paint, let alone play his instrument, who has to slather it all in pretense and claim that what is presented is deliberately done, when the reality is probably more that despite having had years to learn how to produce something of worth, it was easier to pretend it was all intended to be terrible and using shit gear was done on purpose and not at all because you never had a decent enough job to afford anything worthwhile and that not getting it as such is all a failure on the part of the observer. I mean, there are enough examples out there of guys who could barely play at the time producing things that are beloved or seen as ground breaking quite by almost accident - an easy example would be the early Napalm Death producing Carcass, Godflesh and Scorn, etc - before going on to be genuine respected talents themselves by evolving.

It's not hard to see a link here between other, infamous people of this type - flawed guys with potential who seek validation after they allow their flaws and egos to beat them down. Xan, Kyle Chapman and Kerry Bolton have all attempted to present as more than they are through righteous elitism. But when the reality is that Xan and Kyle are life long Winz recipients, and Kerry was a printer who has ended up on the sickness benefit, it's not exactly painting a picture of glorious men who have conquered the world and have anything worth taking seriously to say.

Overall, it was all very amusing and a decent enough waste of a chunk of a Sunday on the google, and to be entirely fair, Neville is clearly a lot fucking smarter than the majority of his sort, but I do wonder what exactly motivated you to go to all this effort, Riggers. That said, fuck only knows why I bothered to type all this out and I apologise if it's a bit all over the show.

tl;dr - :baton:

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:23 pm

^^ your posts are always a good read, should do it more often.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine - Interview: Internal Bleeding

Postby Subcide » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine - Download the old print Zines

Postby Subcide » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:05 am

I'm finally uploading PDFs of Subcide Zine 1 - 3. Go here for the links: https://www.facebook.com/subcidewebzine

akaxo

Re: Subcide Webzine - Download the old print Zines

Postby akaxo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:38 am

good shit, dug out some old zine a few days ago and still got these. some great interviews in there.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine - Malevolence interview

Postby Subcide » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Here is an interview with Auckland Death Grind pioneers Malevolence.
They will be opening for Primate in Auckland tomorrow night. If you live in Auckland you should be there! Go to the event page for more details on that: https://www.facebook.com/events/174057852788454/
Enjoy reading about this kick ass underrated band!
http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... rview.html

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine: NWONZHM Reviews: Fallen Order, Red Dawn

Postby Subcide » Mon May 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Subcide Webzine: NWONZHM Reviews: Fallen Order, Red Dawn and Stormforge
http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... -dawn.html

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine: Review - Invertia - Another Scheme of..

Postby Subcide » Mon May 26, 2014 12:26 pm

Review: Invertia - Another Scheme of the Wicked (Ohm Resistance)
http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... me-of.html

Also I've set up one of these http://subcide.tumblr.com/

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine: Review - Domains - Sinister Ceremonies

Postby Subcide » Sat May 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Another fine review from Mr. Mark Brooks: - Domains - Sinister Ceremonies
http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... onies.html

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine: BulletBelt album review

Postby Subcide » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 pm

An album review of 'BulletBelt- Rise of the Banshee' by Mark Brooks: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... nshee.html

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:15 pm

Subcide wrote:An interview with BulletBelt: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... rview.html

Drax

Re: Subcide Webzine: BulletBelt album review

Postby Drax » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine: Carcass - An interview with Bill Steer

Postby Subcide » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:53 pm

An interview with Carcass guitarist, Bill Steer: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.co.nz/2 ... steer.html

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:54 pm

What's the song at 6:26?

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Drax wrote:What's the song at 6:26?

That's the land line ringing in the other room

Drax

Postby Drax » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Ringtone sounds like an '80s video game. Nice.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:03 pm

Drax wrote:Ringtone sounds like an '80s video game. Nice.

:thumbup:

Show was fuckin great last night!

Return to “Music”