Subcide Webzine: Solar Mass interview

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
Subcide

Subcide Webzine: Solar Mass interview

Postby Subcide » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:12 pm

http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/

After several years I've decided to look at this thing again. The 3rd and last print issue of Subcide Zine came out in 1996. I gave up on completing the 4th issue sometime around 1999, after the contacts I'd made from doing the Zine allowed me to develop into an underground tour promoter (I brought Impaled Nazarene, Brutal Truth, Incantation, Pungent Stench and a number of others to New Zealand), which is something that has also since gone on hold. The idea behind this though is not to dominate every spare minute my entire (and now completely different) life, but to allow me to occasionally my thoughts on music I've been listening to as well as the occasional interview by bands who have impressed me. I'm also hoping to post PDF files of the original Zines sometime soon. This will be updated as and when I feel like it.
My first post is a review of the recent Auckland, NZ Nadja show, along with an over view of my merch stand purchases from the night.

http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/

Chris Rigby
Last edited by Subcide on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 49 times in total.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

akaxo

Re: Subcide Webzine

Postby akaxo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 am

good shit, bookmarked that and will read later, too long for this time of the morning ha. subcide zine opened my eyes to so much new music back in the day, stuff i'd never had heard of otherwise, good to see it continuing in some form. good luck putting the pdfs together, it wasn't exactly a small zine!
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:07 pm

New post up now: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... me-up.html A review of the new Swans album.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:14 am

New Impaled Nazarene video up plus info about their forth comming album and 20th annaversary DVD:
http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... o-and.html

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Ohhhh nice work Spanners.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 pm

This is a facebook page I've set up: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Subcid ... 965?v=info

Go there and click "like" if you want to receive notifications on your news stream when ever I put up a new post.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:51 am

new impaled nazerene album coming = best news i've heard in a while.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Review of Diocletian - 'War of All Against All' up now: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... ainst.html

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Review up of Nuclear War Now Fest by Godgrinder:

http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... l-nov.html

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:14 pm

d.usk: something for fans of the mighty disembowelment: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... ighty.html

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:15 pm

A short article about the legendary 'AAAARGGHH!!! Magazine' and a letter from Euronymous: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... rgghh.html

Thanks also to Kim Crosland of CHAOSART (http://www.facebook.com/pages/CHAOSART/10150093435855471) for the kickass new title banner and facebook Avatar.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:48 am

UNIT

Re: Subcide Webzine - Swans interview online now!

Postby UNIT » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Nice one, reading now.

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine - Swans interview online now!

Postby Subcide » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:21 pm

UNIT wrote:Nice one, reading now.

Awesome! Just made a slight edit to the question about the inspiration behind early Swans music.

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine - VASSAFOR interview online now!

Postby Subcide » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:38 pm

An in depth interview with VK on all things Vassafor is up now:
http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... rview.html

Enjoy!

[Tim]

Postby [Tim] » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:41 pm

That was a really interesting read.

Where can I pick up Vassafor releases locally?

geneterror666
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror666 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:32 pm

I would contact Phil directly.

vassafor@gmail.com

Doubt you'll get any vinyl at this point but he might have some CDs. I can point you in the direction of some distros overseas if you don't have any luck.

[Tim]

Postby [Tim] » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks!

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Update: Since the Vassafor interview was posted, VK has provided a link to a new Vassafor track 'Craft of Dissolution (mix in progress)'for your listen pleasure. You can find the link at the bottom of the article: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... rview.html

combatrock

Postby combatrock » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Reading now. Good stuff!

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:30 am

yeah bloody good interview, good shit

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine - NADJA interview online now!

Postby Subcide » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Returning to the band who inspired me to re-launch subcide, an interview with Nadja is up now here: http://subcide-webzine.blogspot.com/201 ... rview.html

mr sterile

Postby mr sterile » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:51 pm

The Nadja/Black Boned Angel 1st ep is fantastic!. I hadn't heard that Nadja were coming here to play, stink

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:05 am

For those that are interested, I've just been pointed toward this blog that has uploaded 14 pages from Subcide Zine #1

http://sendbackmystamps.org/category/fa ... e-zine-nz/

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Subcide

Re: Subcide Webzine - Skuldom album review up now!

Postby Subcide » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Cosmo Kramer

Re: Subcide Webzine - Meth Drinker review up now!

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:53 am

Very good interview with Vassafor Chris !!

didnt read it all but will go back and read more in depth.

haha nice question on Priest !!

and had good things to say about sending his demo out = on tape with a hand written letter
Kramer Murphy and Associates

ZPG

Postby ZPG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:12 pm

had a listen to order from chaos after reading your diocletion review, they are 8O 8O 8O :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: mean.

good blog and good reads!
ImageImage

stenchcore666

Postby stenchcore666 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:54 pm

I don’t know much about these guys except that they’re from Wellington (New Zealand)
and that this, their debut self titled release, features nasty filthy depressive sludge in the vein of Buzzov*en or Eyehategod. Imagine that, then picture a scummy flat in Newtown (Wellington suburb) that hasn’t seen a vacuum cleaner in 15+ years. There's assorted crap strewn everywhere, used plates covered in dried crusted food all over the floor. The occupants are unconscious...occasionally coming out of their drugged out methylated spirits induced haze to start jamming on the various instruments set up around the room. With this you’ve pretty much got Meth Drinker. ...or at least the sound of their record.
See for your self on this music video for the track “Broken Down and Used Up”

sam, tony and james are probably the most cleanest/tidiest/civilized people that i know of :lol:

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:02 pm

stenchcore666 wrote:
I don’t know much about these guys except that they’re from Wellington (New Zealand)
and that this, their debut self titled release, features nasty filthy depressive sludge in the vein of Buzzov*en or Eyehategod. Imagine that, then picture a scummy flat in Newtown (Wellington suburb) that hasn’t seen a vacuum cleaner in 15+ years. There's assorted crap strewn everywhere, used plates covered in dried crusted food all over the floor. The occupants are unconscious...occasionally coming out of their drugged out methylated spirits induced haze to start jamming on the various instruments set up around the room. With this you’ve pretty much got Meth Drinker. ...or at least the sound of their record.
See for your self on this music video for the track “Broken Down and Used Up”

sam, tony and james are probably the most cleanest/tidiest/civilized people that i know of :lol:

I figured that after seeing some live footage of them on youtube. Their sound certainly doesn't reflect their personalities though! This is a good thing. Am gunna see these guys playing tonight. Can't wait!

Return to “Music”