new moment of truth shirts

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
Window Licker

Re: new moment of truth shirts

Postby Window Licker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:40 pm

rex wrote:
Window Licker wrote:very well said fadge.

you can cum on each other now.

Yeah i doubt we can Rex, i don't have a penis, so i guess you'll think all i'm good for is being tied up and brutalised. (sorry for the horrible mental picture everyone :lol: ) Good work Rex.
hope this terrible idea is worth it for you man.
Last edited by Window Licker on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mugabe, Robert

Postby Mugabe, Robert » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Cracks me up how you all seem to be talking as if sexism does not exist in 'hardcore' in New Zealand.
Seriously, what the fuck are you people on about? Talking as if outsiders wont understand the t-shirt because they don't know what hardcore is about. As if they might misconstrue it due to the lack of understanding of the collective sub-culture's sense of irony, or the counter-cultural aspect itself.
Counter culture and hardcore separated a long time ago anyway.

Post lyrics, keen for read.
Man: "Ugh, help, someone help me. I've been shot in my car and I'm dead."
Man 2: "Fuck up you cunt."
"Wheres your car now Falcone?"

the infamousme nigga

Postby the infamousme nigga » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Alligator< wrote:all in all who really give a shit. its an effective shirt, the idea of wich is of course; to boost publicity and recognition for the band. I believe these shirts have done so.

cry some more?

well, if the band is going for the noteriety/any publicity is good publicity, well this has been a pretty effective way of going about it.

sam-antha

Postby sam-antha » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Hardcore scene wank bullshit aside the t-shirt is sexist and disgusting. A woman having drawn it makes no difference to that. Making these and selling them to kids is gross, kids that don't see how 'cool and ironic' you're being, and thinking that having this view on women is okay and projecting that to other people by wearing it.

You're being no different than nazi punks if you can pass this off as not a big deal.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts.

BigBadBazza

Postby BigBadBazza » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:51 pm

:roll:
Salvador Dali wrote:Everyone should eat hashish, but only once.

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 pm

combatrock wrote:The same thing should apply to PB2K. What would someone who saw that album cover in a shop think? I just think he's being hypocritical.

Wait, what kind of record shops have you been visiting? PB2k doesn't have that kinda distribution! :lol:
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

cirE

Postby cirE » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:58 pm

This is one aspect I hate about hardcore. Everyone's always so ready to take "controversial" shit like this on face value and have their say/rant on it. It's just so backwards and ultimately jock/ape. Kinda pointless trying to defend the shirt to the pc warriors. You either get the shirt or you don't. And the only reason I wouldn't wear it out is because I'm sure most people, "hardcore/punk" or not, will only take the design on face value, and I cbf explaining to everyone why I dig this shirt. Actually I'd also feel stink bout new kids in the scene seeing the shirt telling me "choice shirt bro" :| ugh.

Moment of Truth is too sophisticated for NZ hardcore lol.
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:59 pm

sam-antha wrote:Hardcore scene wank bullshit aside the t-shirt is sexist and disgusting. A woman having drawn it makes no difference to that. Making these and selling them to kids is gross, kids that don't see how 'cool and ironic' you're being, and thinking that having this view on women is okay and projecting that to other people by wearing it.

You're being no different than nazi punks if you can pass this off as not a big deal.

Hes not being ironic.

I think if people dont think there is an ongoing underlying sexist attitude within hardcore then they are definitely kidding themselves. Its a boys club, and often the boys dont like sharing.

Eric, stop trying to be cool.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:11 pm

the infamousme nigga wrote:you don't think there is any causal relationship (talking ideas here) between the artist and artwork? if so, don't you think judging the art is judging the artist?

Of course there's a causal relationship. But I'm saying that we all do good things and shit things, so until someone sinks very fucking low, I can't pretend to be better. I don't have any kind of platform to judge other people - but I will judge what they do, just like I judge the things I do.

rex wrote:funny other guys in hardcore/punk can make jokes that are sexist,even about rape etc.....some kids dont have a clue.
ride the fucking nutz......i dont care if i get rejected from shows or this band.id rather do anything than hang with a bunch of two faced,crying cowards.no loss for anyone.but il probably still force my way into shows just to continue being a cunt if people want to fuck with me.

No one else printed a fucking t-shirt. And if you think I haven't complained about sexism in hardcore before or other dudes being sexist, you probably know me even less than I thought. Fuck, I remember you commenting when I posted a Gary Francione quote promoting feminism on my Facebook profile. Hell, people complain that I'm too PC for objecting to people using homophobic language!

Two-faced? Not me. I've always been nice to you before, offline and online, because you've always been a good dude to me, and while we differ on a lot, I know that we have very different lifestyles and backgrounds. I've never criticised you behind your back. And everything I've said online, I'd happily say offline. If I don't, that's just because I only see you at hardcore shows, and I go to shows to relax and have a good time, not to argue ethics.

Coward? What's cowardly about telling you I disagree with you in the only way I practicaly can? What's cowardly about having different views to them and saying them as politely, fairly, and calmly as I can?
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:43 pm

The thing that surprises me the most is how long it took for this thread to explode.
My first impression was the same as Aidan's first post, "Wow, that second shirt is a bold design", or something similar. While i definitely wouldn't wear it myself, i sure as fuck wouldn't judge someone that did, or anyone that chose to create it.
I can remember when Sticky Filth first released the Weep Woman Weep album and the endless furore of the cover artwork(slightly more subtle than the MOT design), the title, and the lyrical content. The debate raged for ages, probably still does, and Craig was continually questioned about it, but i think it invoked a lot of healthy and considered thought, which in no way detracted from the fact that it still remains the best album to come out of this country, in my honest and humble opinion of course.
I've posted a couple of degrading and possibly sexist comments on here before, although it was more of a pisstake to wind Fungus up cos i got sick of her high and mighty whore attitude, and like Logan said, "its not cool or hard out", but i kinda questioned those comments later on, i mean, i've got a partner and a daughter and a sister and a niece,etc, and if anyone even insinuated any derogatory sentiment towards them then i'd wanna tear them three new assholes this side of tuesday.
Wot the fuck am i trying to say here? ummmm, maybe just that i sure aint squeaky clean or free of hypocricy or ambiguity, but just cos i don't like a t-shirt it don't mean i won't like the band. hahahaha
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:52 pm

ITT: Overreactions.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

rex

Postby rex » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:44 pm

i dont care if you hate me for this shirt or not i have every right to put it out there,if you want all hc bands to be pc then whos the fucking nazi?not me im not racist nor to i expect everyone to share the same views.
call me sexist i dont care but im pretty damn good to girls that respect me....ive never cheated on a girlfriend in my 29 years in life but just about everyone ive had has cheated on me,no doubt its my fault for believing in people.
so yes that has left me with fucked up views,some girls ive hooked up sometimes afterwards have hinted for a relationship & ive freaked out as i cant see any different in ways,i guess ive been scarred a bit.no doubt itl change in time.
this song/shirt probably wont do me any favours but i really am a bit bitter towards humanity in my own funny/fucked up way.
those that know me know im a good to my friends & i try a lot to go out of my way for others but you're right im far from fucking perfect,never claimed to be.
yeah i might crack shit jokes,say horrible stuff.
im pretty sure im one of the most friendly dudes in the hc scene to,down to party with everyone,am hardly ever stand offish or think im too good for anyone.

sorry i cant try to save the world..............hold up.......FUCK THAT AINT ME!

x tracker x

Postby x tracker x » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:48 pm

just putting it out there that i am 100% legit keen on a swazzi / i hate niggers tee shirt

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm

geneterror wrote:Also to the people in this thread who I KNOW are Promise Of Bloodshed fans that say that wouldn't even buy this shirt but are opposed to it, you better reread those lyrics because I don't know what you think some of those songs are about but the lyrics depict things just as bad as this shirt. I'm guessing I'll see a few copies for sale second hand soon.
Just sayin'.

I'll listen to offensive lyrics all day because I enjoy them, but it doesn't mean I condone what's described in them. I'll listen to Christian or Muslim music without taking the lyrics seriously too. Wearing a t-shirt is completely different. If something's printed on your t-shirt, you better believe it and be prepared to face what other people think of you.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

your fucking funeral

Postby your fucking funeral » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:09 pm

you should defenately get one with slogan I HATE ALL CUNTS I JUST WANNA GO JIGGIN
chelovek cheloveky volk

rex

Postby rex » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:17 pm

your fucking funeral wrote:you should defenately get one with slogan I HATE ALL CUNTS I JUST WANNA GO JIGGIN

thanks for the idea,getting some sweet ideas where to take this band...the less bullshit morals the better.

next one might be "cheer up frooty hc kid"

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 pm

this t shirt is better in all respects. i'd wear this one not the other.

rex

Postby rex » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 pm

toothbrush wrote:this t shirt is better in all respects. i'd wear this one not the other.

do what you want bro i think you're a top dude.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:06 pm

thanks mang. I know you're not into that sort of stuff but i'm still kinda shocked about that shirt.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:07 pm

rex wrote:
your fucking funeral wrote:you should defenately get one with slogan I HATE ALL CUNTS I JUST WANNA GO JIGGIN

thanks for the idea,getting some sweet ideas where to take this band...the less bullshit morals the better.

I think its already been mentioned, but if it was a crappy big hair emo fruit instead of that bird, itd be awesome.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

rex

Postby rex » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:09 pm

toothbrush wrote:thanks mang. I know you're not into that sort of stuff but i'm still kinda shocked about that shirt.

there is a story beneath it.....the girl on the shirt is worn out by cracked out sex not rape.

rex

Postby rex » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 pm

my original idea was to have a sluzza fisting herself but im pumped on the way it turned out.they're selling fast now i might do more.

cirE

Postby cirE » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 pm

FC wrote:
rex wrote:

I think its already been mentioned, but if it was a crappy big hair emo fruit instead of that bird, itd be awesome.

Aidan

make a version with a big hair emo fruit, I WILL SO WEAR IT
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

your fucking funeral

Postby your fucking funeral » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:53 pm

heres another brilliant idea rex..your old farm dog with sharkies on flipping mad tricks on your rugged mini while smoking a bong & listening to def leppard
chelovek cheloveky volk

rex

Postby rex » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 pm

your fucking funeral wrote:heres another brilliant idea rex..your old farm dog with sharkies on flipping mad tricks on your rugged mini while smoking a bong & listening to def leppard

that dog is a difinate true soilder its been one of my most loyal friends in life,i know his days are numbered which sucks hard....when i was overseas for weeks the people that feed him said he cried/howled everyday which he never does...fucking love that dog.still sits on my bike & watches me work everyday.damn you dem you've struck my soft nerve haha.

Dylan Knuckles

Postby Dylan Knuckles » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:05 pm

I think the shirts shit and wouldn't wear it because to the average punter who doesn't listen to MOT it would look like I support raping and abusing women. That being said Mikey(xmeatlessx) can fuck right off. You haven't been involved in the hardcore for 5 or 6 years so don't come on here preaching about what's allowed in HC and whats not.

sp00n

Postby sp00n » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 pm

you should still do one with a chick fisting herself personally would dig wearing that
Are there any balls down there? About the biggest pair you ever seen, dingleberry!

rex

Postby rex » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:14 pm

sp00n wrote:you should still do one with a chick fisting herself personally would dig wearing that

once this run is done anything is possible :D

your fucking funeral

Postby your fucking funeral » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:17 pm

yeah your dog rules rex. i always have a quite yarn to him when i see him wondering around, he probably think i am fucken mental
chelovek cheloveky volk

rex

Postby rex » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:19 pm

your fucking funeral wrote:yeah your dog rules rex. i always have a quite yarn to him when i see him wondering around, he probably think i am fucken mental

probably thinks you're a top guy as he's put up with me for 12 years hes seen a lot for a farm dog haha

Return to “Music”