Your last music acquisitions/cost/shit or shinola

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
Subcide

Re: Your last music acquisitions/cost/shit or shinola

Postby Subcide » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:36 pm

akaxo wrote:recent reissue on single sided 12"

How much was that? Real Groovy are selling for $45. rude!
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:39 pm

$40 from pennylane. i've been getting my money's worth in listening time. do they have the disrupt reissue too?
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:47 pm

akaxo wrote:picked this up today

remembering how damn good this song is
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCKwqyR7KY[/video]

i've been thrashing that comp heaps (again) lately, so fucken good. Favourite song is probably "An Object" by The Wounds. But no song on there is a dud, all pure gold.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:23 pm

The Scientists - Blood Red River LP (reissue)

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:50 am

No Way Out Records wrote:probably their best release

'I like it when you die' could be one of the best grind albums ever

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:42 am

"No, We Don't Want to Do a Split Seven Inch with Your Stupid Fucking Band" is Subcide's favourite AC track

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:10 pm

akaxo wrote:"No, We Don't Want to Do a Split Seven Inch with Your Stupid Fucking Band" is Subcide's favourite AC track

It's true

Xmas vinyl haul!

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

donvito

Postby donvito » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Limited to 200 Pre Order box set.

Contents:
Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access: (Grey vinyl)
Lil Ugly Mane - Singles: (Grey vinyl)
Lil Ugly Mane - Playaz Circle: (Black vinyl)
Nickelus F - Trick Dice: (Black vinyl)
Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access: (Cassette)
Lil Ugly Mane - Singles: (Cassette)
Lil Ugly Mane - Playaz Circle: (Cassette)
Nickelus F - Trick Dice: (Cassette)
Bandana and 4 patches.

8) 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o :o :o

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Very lucky to be given these gems from a lovely Irish lass who happens to be the talented vocalist/guitarist of this band. Such great tunes and beautiful pressings...especially the Night School split with etched doodles on the B side. From top to bottom:
DOTT - Swoon. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album, Ltd Edition, Milky Clear (Graveface Records - GRAVE106) US, 2013.
DOTT AND NIGHT SCHOOL - Carousel.
Vinyl, 12", Single Sided, Etched, Ltd Edition, Pink Marble (Graveface Records - GRAVE114) US, 2015.
DOTT - Button. Vinyl, 7", EP, Oxblood (Graveface Records - grave091) US, 2013.
Loud and abrasive zone! So chuffed on the Assück! The Dropdead one on purple vinyl is a common pressing apparently but I was interested to discover - before playing it thankfully - that side A plays from the label/inside out. Great to finally get my hands on that RB album too. All of these second hand for pretty cheap. Clockwise from top-left:
ASSÜCK - Misery Index. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (Sound Pollution Records - POLLUTE:034) US, 1997.
CONQUEROR/BLACK WITCHERY - Hellstorm Of Evil Vengeance. Vinyl, Split 12", LP, Ltd Edition (Nuclear War Now! Productions - ANTI-GOTH 149) US, 2010.
DROPDEAD - Dropdead. Vinyl, 12", LP, Purple (Armageddon Label - Armageddon 001) US, 1998.
RASPBERRY BULBS - Deformed Worship. Vinyl, 12", LP (Blackest Ever Black - BLACKEST018 LP) UK, 2013.
The Soupcans LP is one of my fave releases of 2015. I very kindly got it at the LP release show a few weeks back from the cover artist who is super super cool. A sweet patch thrown in too. Getting vinyl from incredibly talented ladies seems to be becoming a thing. The Ministry LP is still sealed and is probably the first album of theirs (so far) that has really grabbed my attention...a good mix of songs with a great Bob Dylan cover to boot. Also reminds me of Killing Joke in parts...funnily enough...Down By The River signed by Jaz, Geordie,Youth and Big Paul! Clockwise from top-left:
SOUPCANS - Soft Party. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (Telephone Explosion Records - 037) Canada, 2015.
MINISTRY - Filth Pig. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (
Warner Bros. Records - 9362 45838-1) US, 1996.
KILLING JOKE - Down By The River. 2 x Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (Killing Joke Records - KJR001LP) UK, 2012.
It's safe to say that the Chaotic Dischord is easily the most serious album of this bunch. Frantic HC, Powerviolence, d-beat, anarcho and raw comedy. Haven't come across any crass in some time and everyone needs a bit of Tragedy in their lives now and then right? Clockwise from top-left:
CHAOTIC DISCHORD - Fuck Religion, Fuck Politics, Fuck The Lot Of You! Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (Riot City Records - CITY 004) UK,1983.
GAUZE - 貧乏ゆすりのリズムに乗って. Vinyl, 12", 45, Album (Prank - PRANK 100) US, 2008.
TRAGEDY/TOTALITÄR - Tragedy/Totalitär. Vinyl, 7", EP (Armageddon Label - Armageddon 005) US, 2003.
SEA OF SHIT - Sea Of Shit. Vinyl, 10", Album (Diseased Audio - DAR-011) US, 2013.
CRASS - How Does It Feel? Vinyl, 7", EP, foldout cover (Crass Records - 221984/6) UK, 1982.
Foil stamp heaven! These two beauties are closely related. Albums that brutally demand your attention in some way. Some industrial, spoken word, post-punk, acoustic, and dramatic synthpop. Incredible packaging with both items shown here: The DIJ is the first time this release has been available on vinyl and came with 2 huge posters. The Sixth Comm had all the inserts and lyric book intact which is a pretty interesting read with some neat graphics. The SC is former Death In June member Patrick Leagas and Freya Aswynn doing some cvlt as fvck experimental music/poetry shennanigans. From left to right:
DEATH IN JUNE - The Corn Years. 2 x Vinyl, 12", Compilation, Remastered, Grey Marble (Pylon Records, PYLON 37, New European Recordings, BAD VC7-25BA) US, 2014.
SIXTH COMM & FREYA ASWYNN - The Fruits Of Yggdrasil. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album, Ltd Edition (Eyas Media - EYAS 006) UK, 1987.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:12 pm

fucking jealous as about the assuck and conqueror/black witchery split

Genocide Shrines - Manipura Imperial Deathevokovil: Scriptures of Reversed Puraana Dharmurder
Satanic Warmaster / Archgoat - Lux Satanae (Thirteen Hymns Of Finnish Devil Worship)
Bestial Warlust - Vengeance War 'Till Death
Bestial Warlust - Blood & Valour

finally got the Bestial Warlust albums on vinyl, being waiting over twenty years for that to happen. thank fuck for iron bonehead.

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Pere Ubu ‎– Datapanik In The Year Zero-A 7"
The Rats - The Rats LP (reissue)

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 am

Hard-Ons - Surfin' On My Face 7"
Annihilation Time - Cosmic Unconsciousness 7"

ANS - The Process of Stoking Out LP (& test press)
Leonard Cohen - Death of a Ladies Man LP

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:25 am

akaxo wrote:fucking jealous as about the assuck and conqueror/black witchery split

I come across so much BM/DM/War metal stuff over here...I haven't heard of most of them so don't end up buying many of them but no doubt you'd go ape over the selection here. ;-)

Last big haul for a month or so I think. Some of these are from xmas etc:

This one is definitely an xmas prezzie to myself if ever there was one. I initially heard these songs on 'Human = Garbage' compilation album in my late teens and was blown away by it, especially the ones taken from this split which featured on it. So punishingly heavy yet with all the time signature changes and underlying grooves it makes for such a powerful split. The Embittered side ain't too bad either. The Dystopia tracks Slaved Chains, Green Destroyed were standouts but that whole side is brutal psychedelic music echoing that insane social trauma which Rudimentary Peni releases like 'Cacophony' and 'Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric' convey. Love it.
EMBITTERED/DYSTOPIA - Embittered/Dystopia. Vinyl, LP, Split Album (Misanthropic Records - MAR 003) US, 1993.

A Christmas present from my wonderful lady. Very fitting for our recent trip to Detroit, Michigan. Plenty of classic songs on this masterpiece which I dig although I'm more familiar with Fun House I can't wait to get this back home and crank it on a decent turntable.
THE STOOGES - The Stooges. Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, 180 Gram (Elektra - EKS-74051, Rhino Records - R1 74051) US, 2010.

Lovely bundle for cheap! I missed out on the blue cover Rixe 7"s at Not Dead Yet fest and was pretty stoked when Faith/Void restocked this red cover version of what looks like the same pressing as the blue one. Really good Blitz-worship! Great to come across some Intense Degree and a classic 10" from Skitsystem. Total Control there with a really solid 2 track 7" - fantastic synthpop/post-punk songwriting. The Iowa Beef Experience and Conflict were total mint condition scores. The IBE 7" blasting some full throttle noise-rock and having closely worked with Steve Albini. The Conflict release has some of their most well known vitriolic lyrics against animal cruelty with a brutal foldout cover...hugely influential on me as a teen and inspired my first tattoo. Was lucky enough to catch them live twice in the states earlier in 2015. Clockwise from top-left:
INTENSE DEGREE - The Eyes Have It. Vinyl, 10", Album (Sound Pollution Records - POLLUTE:008) US, 1992.
SKITSYSTEM - Ondskans Ansikte. Vinyl, 10", EP (Distortion Records - DISTEP28) Sweden, 1996.
TOTAL CONTROL - Scene From A Marriage. Vinyl, 7" (Sub Pop - SP1023) US, 2012.
CONFLICT - To A Nation Of Animal Lovers. Vinyl, 7" (Corpus Christi - Christ It's 4) UK, 1983.
RIXE - Coups Et Blessures. Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM (La Vida Es Un Mus - MUS93) UK, 2015.
IOWA BEEF EXPERIENCE - The First Killing Gang. Vinyl, 7", EP (Smudged Records - No Cat #) US, 1987.

Scored some mad decent HC punk compilations. A Japanese one featuring rad bands like Lip Cream, Systematic Death, Mad Conflux and Don Don...neat cover drawing too. The British Spleurk! one features sweet groups like Doom, Sore Throat etc. It has a neat booklet too. I was really surprised to come across the Rubella Ballet LP as I had almost forgotten about them - so many modern goth/anarcho bands model themselves on this band. Top notch LP! The New Order Peelies was a great score as it has such a cool version of '5-8-6' on it - a great window to their early, post-Joy Division sound. Clockwise from top-left:
VARIOUS - 病原体 - Virus Compilation Jap. Vinyl, 12", LP, Compilation (Jungle Hop International - JHI.108) France, 1988.
RUBELLA BALLET - At Last It's Playtime. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (Ubiquitous Records - dayglo two) UK, 1985.
NEW ORDER - The Peel Sessions. Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM (Strange Fruit - SFPS 001) UK, 1986.
VARIOUS - Spleurk! Vinyl, 12", LP, Compilation (Meantime Records - COX 014) UK, 1988.

Picked up the new Metz 7" which is a right banger. Photo doesn't capture the nice lush green vinyl though. Pretty good for $4.95!
METZ - Eraser/Pure auto. Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM, Single, Ltd Edition, Green Vinyl (Three One G (31G) - TOG #0082) US, 2015.

Just picked up this noisy beast second-hand over here in Toronto. Repranizing some Neuw Zillund vinyl. Nice little surprise.
DIOCLETIAN - Gesundrian. Vinyl, LP, Album, Transparent Orange, 180g (Osmose Productions - OPLP269) France, 2014.

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Far, settle down m8.

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:19 am

UNIT wrote:Far, settle down m8.

M9 fuq of don't crush my dreams. :baton:

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:51 am

Sam Deformed wrote:
UNIT wrote:Far, settle down m8.

M9 fuq of don't crush my dreams. :baton:

Just jealous 'cos i can't buy many records at the moment, be who you are mate :Fade-color

daggers

Postby daggers » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:25 pm

went to the States recently, didn't really want to have to haul around records for 5 weeks but then I found this rad store in central Denver, had really cool writeups of bands on the name dividers so I had a laundry list of new bands to check out, even some from NZ :embarrassed: picked up a few of my classic favorites - most of these were really cheap. Only bummer was they were all re-presses, the second hand section was terrible and Bowie hadn't quite died yet. Oh well.

I also did an order with Robotic Empire a few weeks before I left, picked up two bloody bangers in Fall of Efrafa and Pygmy Lush. I was saddened to hear Andy wasn't going to continue on with the label? Even threw in a free record but to be fair I'll probably never listen to it (hint: it's obviously not Gehennah)
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:45 am

That Gehenna record is all good

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:27 pm

ImageImage

Royal Headache - High LP
Pierced Arrows - Descending Shadows LP
King Dude - Tonight's Special Death LP
White Hills - Glitter Glamour Atrocity LP
The Walker Brothers - Nite Flights (reissue) LP

daggers

Postby daggers » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:34 pm

The Cure - Disintegration (Fiction Records - 600152-1) LP, Album 1989 fuck yeah, I love this album, but I had the shitty 2LP re-release which was too long and I hate having to flip all the time
Naked Raygun - Jettison (Caroline Records - CAROL 1348) LP, Album 1988 fuck yeah, I love this album, actually maybe one of my favorites ever, but I had never of thought I'd find it in this country or an older pressing
Sonic Youth - Goo (DGC - 00602547349415) LP, Album, RE, 180 2015 repress, but it was reasonably priced and not that massive 4LP version full of alternate takes or whatever
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:33 am

I just got the reissue of Goo as well, been wanting that on LP for ages so glad it came out as I didn't want extra LPs of stuff I'd never listen to. Was something like $35 at Real Groovy.

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:38 pm

...can't stop buying over here. Too much gold.
DEVO - Freedom Of Choice. Vinyl, LP, Album, Red, White & Blue Marble (Warner Bros. Records - R1 3435) US, 2016.
DEVO - Fresh. Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Single, Blue (Warner Bros. Records - 523881-0) US, 2010.
War On Women - War On Women. Vinyl, LP, Album, Red Translucent
(Bridge Nine Records -B9R220) US, 2015.
Rancid - Rancid. Vinyl, LP, Album (Hellcat Records - 80427-1) US, 2000.
Wand - 1000 Days. Vinyl, LP, Album (Drag City - DC625) US, 2015.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:26 pm

first pressing so has the unedited version of these boots on it :)

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Unholy Death Grips trinity. Local record store Rotate This was having a moving sale and I picked up some totally sick bargains. Did a cull of about 30 LPs which turned out to be not my thing which was good timing. I've had Jenny Death+Money Store for some time but I just wanted to picture them together in all their glory. I nabbed the No Love Deep Web for just over half price. YIH!
DEATH GRIPS - NØ LØV∑ D∑∑P W∏B. Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Repress (Third Worlds - 2537531776, Harvest - 2537531776) US, 2013.
More bargains from Rotate This. Wanted to get the HOF at their show last year but didn't have the $35 at the time for it but thanks to the insane sale price I managed to grab it for $12! I already had the standard black pressing of Sleaford Mods but now that I picked up the green vinyl press for a measly $10 I'm gonna sell the black one. Beautiful marbles and colours. GIDDY ON THA CIGGIES M8.
HIGH ON FIRE - Luminiferous. 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Red/Yellow/Blue Starburst (eOne – EOM-LP-9496) US, 2015.
SLEAFORD MODS - Key Markets.
Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Green (Harbinger Sound - HARBINGER150COL) UK, 2015.
More insane bargains from Rotate This sale. Got these for about $25. Slightly *ahem* contrasting styles. The Violent Reaction one goes for $90 on discogs....wtf is with that? Great Hardcore Oi/street-punk stuff. The DIJ is an absolutely beautiful package. Red foil stamped glory on orange wax...soo preeetty.
DEATH IN JUNE - The Wall Of Sacrifice. 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Remastered, Orange (Pylon Records - PYLON 38, New European Recordings - BAD VC88-25) US, 2014.
VIOLENT REACTION - City Streets. Vinyl, LP, Album, 45 RPM, Red Vinyl (Painkiller Records - PKR-047) US, 2013.
Full-blown Soft Moon experience this past week. Saw them live last week and picked up the white vinyl repress of their debut LP and a t-shirt but I was hoping to get a copy of their latest album Deeper there too but sadly they had a lot of their merch stolen from them early on in their tour. The next day however I went to my local Sonic Boom and not only did they have a copy of Deeper on vinyl for $20 they also had a second-hand near mint copy of the ltd edition Total Decay EP on white/creme for a decent price. Total score. Got me a whole bunch of Soft Moon now.

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Hu BTR?

Finally got around to photographing these ones. Some of these were pretty cheap. All in really good NM condition with inserts etc. Someone sold a lot of their collection to a little goldmine shop here in TO it seems.

Some of the most influential music I ever heard growing up and I'm so happy to have these pressings finally. Copies of these which aren't battered or in poor condition are hard to come across these days.

CRASS - Stations Of The Crass. 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album (Crass Records - 521984) UK, 1983.
CRASS - Best Before...1984. 2 × Vinyl, LP, Compilation (Crass Records - Cat. No. 5) UK, 1986.
CRASS - Sheep Farming In The Falklands. Vinyl, 7", Single (Crass Records - 121984-3) UK, 1983.
CRASS - How Does It Feel? Vinyl, 7" (Crass Records - 221984/6) UK, 1982.
CONFLICT - To A Nation Of Animal Lovers. Vinyl, 7" (Corpus Christi - Christ It's 4) UK, 1983.
CONFLICT - Live At Centro Iberico. Vinyl, 7" (Xntrix - XN 2007) UK, 1982.

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:32 pm

nice, infact very fucking nice indeed.

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:51 pm

No Way Out Records wrote:nice, infact very fucking nice indeed.

Yeah dude...I went back to grab "Christ - The Bootleg" but it had been taken :-( Heaps of it was just sitting there for ages and I just picked it up over the weeks. I did get the Penny Rimbaud one though from the same shop as you'll see below.

Getting close to having the entire Rudimentary Peni discography on vinyl. Just gotta get Death Church, the first two 7"s (or The EPs of RP comp will suffice) and the mysterious "Wilfred Owen The Chances" CD.
I got all these ones for $68 which is so bloody cheap. I used a discount voucher which worked in my favor. All of the artwork on these pressings is phenomenal....especially on the RP reissues. Nick Blinko is just insanely talented. I was not expecting the white vinyl of Archaic either - the album I learned to play guitar by ear to on a sketchy acoustic guitar many moons ago.

Mark Ferelli's artwork for the Part 1 releases are equally as grim. The "I - Paraworm" 24 page zine is incredibly cool.

10/10 chuffed beyond belief.

PART 1 - Funeral Parade EP. Vinyl, 12", EP, Deluxe Edition, Ltd Edition, Reissue, Remastered, Gatefold (Sacred Bones Records - SBR3016) US, 2015.
PART 1 - Pictures Of Pain. Vinyl, LP, Mini-Album, Reissue (Pusmort - PUSMORT 0012-04) US, 1985.
RUDIMENTARY PENI - Archaic.
Vinyl, 12", EP, Reissue, Remastered, White, Gatefold, 180g (Outer Himalayan Records - BOOBOO8LP) UK, 2013.
RUDIMENTARY PENI - Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric. Vinyl, LP, Album, Remastered, Gatefold (Outer Himalayan Records - BOO05LP) UK, 2013.

Also subtitled: "Fifty Songs To My Other Self".

Very pleased with this release from Penny Rimbaud and Eve Libertine Of Crass which also features Steve Ignorant and a few other persons. 50 Modern classical/experimental interpretations of poems with an accompanying booklet featuring artwork for each song.
Beautiful stuff.

PENNY RIMBAUD - Acts Of Love. Vinyl, LP, Album (Crass Records - 1984/4) UK, 1984.

Excellent compilation from this brilliant group. I got onto these lads late to the party. I first heard "Holocaust" covered by the German band Upright Citizens when I was a teen and had no idea it was a Crisis tune. Funnily enough it wasn't until I played with Conniption at the Tragedy show in Christchurch a few years back that after tragedy also doing a rendition of "Holocaust" their drummer Paul alerted me to the fact that it was originally written by this band Crisis. - The more you know.

So many great songs and an excellent document and package.

CRISIS - Kollektiv. 2 × Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Remastered (La Vida Es Un Mus - MUS81) UK, 2014.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:59 pm

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:37 pm

good move getting the bestial warlust

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 pm

akaxo wrote:good move getting the bestial warlust

Couldn't miss those! My name is still in the thanks list of 'Blood and Valour' which I was extra stoked about.

Return to “Music”