Your last music acquisitions/cost/shit or shinola

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
Sam Deformed

Re: Your last music acquisitions/cost/shit or shinola

Postby Sam Deformed » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Total score with this one. It was either this or the 'No More Pain' Compilation. I like the quality of the mix and songs on this release way better than No More Pain so it was an easy descision.
DISCLOSE - Nightmare Or Reality. Vinyl, LP, Album (MCR Company – MCR-145) Japan, 1999.

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Nice one! Disclose were fucking great live.

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:53 am

Kev Japan wrote:Nice one! Disclose were fucking great live.

Oh dude I could only imagine. Been cranking this a lot lately. This one
and 'A Mass of Raw Sound Assault' are ones I listen to the most.

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Acquisitions from Europe:

MOTORHEAD - Bad Magic (strange book version of the CD)
JAAKKO EINO KALEVI - Töölö Labyrinth
JAAKKO EINO KALEVI - s/t album
PROBLEMS? - Ei Tää Lama Päähän Käy 7"
KOLLA KESTAA - Kollaa Kostaa 7" EP (clear)
SENSUURI - Kirjoitan Seinään 7" (red)
BRIARD - Fuck The Army 7"
YPO-VIIS - Me Myytiin Itsemme 7" (clear)
LOOSE PRICK - Mua Potkitaan Päähän 7"
ATTENTAT - Born To Be Malaj 7" (original pressing)
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:14 am

Sam Deformed wrote:
Kev Japan wrote:Nice one! Disclose were fucking great live.

Oh dude I could only imagine. Been cranking this a lot lately. This one
and 'A Mass of Raw Sound Assault' are ones I listen to the most.

I saw System Fucker, Warhead, Clown, Forward and some other bands play in Tokyo yesterday. Solid line-up if you like noisy Japanese hardcore.

Also, I've just translated an art book about Japanese hardcore album cover artist, Sugi into English. That will be available from Misery Records (Hiroshima) in a couple of months if you want to check out some amazing graphics and learn more about him and the scene.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:32 am

Sounds fuckin mean

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:21 pm

Kev Japan wrote:I saw System Fucker, Warhead, Clown, Forward and some other bands play in Tokyo yesterday. Solid line-up if you like noisy Japanese hardcore.

Also, I've just translated an art book about Japanese hardcore album cover artist, Sugi into English. That will be available from Misery Records (Hiroshima) in a couple of months if you want to check out some amazing graphics and learn more about him and the scene.

Siiiiick. Yeah I'm familiar with those bands and some of Sugi's work for albums etc. I'll definitely check out Misery recs.

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:14 am

daggers

Postby daggers » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath LP (7 Records - MLF 423)) (1980, NZ)
Dicks - Kill From the Heart LP (Alternative Tentacles - VIRUS 437) (2012, US)
The Stooges - Funhouse (no idea, can't find it on Discogs)
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

Drax

Postby Drax » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:44 pm

One of these days I gotta get some Dicks on vinyl. Was it you who had that copy of These People?

daggers

Postby daggers » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:55 pm

the one on our coffee table in our old flat was Kerry's. This copy had been kicking round RG for months and they chucked a $10 off sticker on it so I was like yeah cool story

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:31 am

Birthday swag from me lovely girlfriend. Very happy with them all. This No Age is one of their stronger EPs I feel. The RLYL was still sealed and one I've been after for a while. So chuffed to have another Mummies LP too! Clockwise from top-left:
NO AGE - Get Hurt. Vinyl, 12", EP, Kelly Green. (Upset! The Rhythm – UTR011) UK, 2007.
RED LORRY YELLOW LORRY - Blow. Vinyl, 12", LP (RCA – 9937-1-H) US, 1989.
THE MUMMIES - Play Their Own Records! Vinyl, 12", Compilation (Estrus Records – ES94015) US, 1992.

Got these gems from a workmate (the fine looking gentleman with the gun and gut there on the 7" cover). Really good mix of Canadian HC/pop-punk vibes. Great songwriting on the Horses LP too. I can't decide on a fave as they're all really solid releases! Clockwise from top-left:
TIGHTROPE/BRUTAL YOUTH - Tightrope/Brutal Youth. Vinyl, 10" split, clear green (My Fingers! My Brain! Records – MFMB 001) Canada, 2011.
HORSES - Horses. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (Out Of Touch Records – OOT-015) Canada, 2008.
!ATTENTION! - Four Or Five Ways To Play These Chords. Vinyl, 7", EP (Labeled Records – LBLD002) UK, 2010.
!ATTENTION! - Another Year. Vinyl, 7", EP, Orange And Black (Square Up Records – SUP-005) Canada, 2011.

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Deliciously obnoxious pickings. Bands with acronyms seem to be a theme in this bundle. Excluding the track on the P.E.A.C.E compilation this is my first G.I.S.M purchase on vinyl - which also came with a sweet poster. The Emil Bognar Nasdor/Alexander Heir art inserts and posters with the Lotion LP are incredibly cool. I think I found my new fave record store at faith / void so I'm very much looking forward to seeing some of Alexanders' artwork at the NDY art show there next week. I was sufficiently blown away by seeing Drive Like Jehu at riotfest so had to get my hands on some wax of theirs....can't believe that LP is from 1991 and I'd never heard of them. Clockwise from left.
L.O.T.I.O.N - Digital Control And Man's Obsolesence D.C.A.M.O. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album. (Toxic State Records – TS-00022) US, 2015.
G.I.S.M - Military Affairs Neurotic. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album, reissue, unofficial (Noise Not Music - NNT 022) Japan, 2014.
DRIVE LIKE JEHU - Drive Like Jehu. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album, repress (Headhunter Records – HED-008) US, 2014.

daggers

Postby daggers » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Sam Deformed wrote:I was sufficiently blown away by seeing Drive Like Jehu at riotfest so had to get my hands on some wax of theirs....can't believe that LP is from 1991 and I'd never heard of them.

yeah deude, they are from the Hot Snakes / Rocket From the Crypt family of bands but this LP is probably my favorite thing from any of those bands I actually never really got into RFtC

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Yeah a workmate was giving me info on them before I went to the show. I've never heard much or got into rocket from the crypt either tbh. Some sick guitar work live...attacking/picking up the amp head and using it as a slide! I need to get the other album too...it goes pretty hard too.

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:49 am

Fastbacks/Meices - Split 7"
Talking Heads - Slippery People 7"
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Fireworks 7"

daggers

Postby daggers » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:58 am

Sam Deformed wrote:I need to get the other album too...it goes pretty hard too.

Yank Crime comes in a 12" + 7", so annoying!

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:03 am

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:19 pm

A belated birthday gift arrived today which my incredible lady Andy got me :-) One of my all-time favourate bands.
KILLING JOKE - Pylon. 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Ltd Special Edition, Translucent Magenta (Spinefarm Records – SPINE751363) Europe, 2015.
Some from Sonic Boom and Faith / Void during the NDY fest. So incredibly happy with the music contained on all these records. Especially the noisy as Confuse complete discography of all their 80s glory! Clockwise from top-left:
NO AGE - Nouns. Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, White Vinyl (Sub Pop – SP 772) US, 2008.
EAGULLS - Eagulls EP. Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM (Deranged Records – DY224) Canada, 2013.
CONFUSE - Hate War No War Fuckin' War. Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Unofficial Release (Noise Not Music - NNT 013) Spain, 2012.
I first downloaded the Siamese Twins demo tape from a blog when it came out in 2011 and was hooked. They were doing a gothier Alvvays kinda thing I guess you could call it. I came across their 12" at faith / void during NDY fest and was flooded with memories. I have since listened to their 7" I had no knowledge of either...such solid songwriting and vocal melodies. Oh Swingin' Utters that song from my youth playing Tony Hawks pro skater...I couldn't NOT get this one. A great album. The Devo one is a total keeper: gnarly live set from 1977. Extended versions, warts and all! Songs from my youth in here for sure. Clockwise from top-left:
SIAMESE TWINS - Still Corner. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (Eunuch Records – ER-002) US, 2014.
SWINGIN' UTTERS - Five Lessons Learned. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (Fat Wreck Chords – FAT574-1) US, 1998.
DEVO - Satisfaction-Live At Mabuhay Gardens, San Francisco 1977. Vinyl, LP, Album, Remastered, Special Edition, Unofficial, Translucent Yellow Vinyl (Broadcasting Radio Records – BRR 4024) Europe, 2015.
Some LPs from Not Dead Yet Fest and Faith / Void. The Green Beret has been on constant since I first heard it a while back. Flawless EP...just rips the whole way through. As does the Barge 7". Clockwise from left:
GREEN BERET - Violence Is Their Currency. Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, EP (Side Two – SIDE2 - 004) US, 2012.
BARGE - No Gain. Vinyl, 7" (Vinyl Conflict Label – VC-001) US,
DESECRATION - Who's In Control? Vinyl, 7", EP, 33 ⅓ RPM, 45 RPM, Reissue (TPC Records (2) – CASH 002) Germany, 1988.
Some swag from faith / void and the Saturday night show at Not Dead Yet 2015 at The Comfort Zone feat. The Boston Strangler, Rixe, Night Birds, Vanity and others. Vanity were a highlight at NDY who stood out from all the other bands I'd seen as they came from more of a street rock 'n' roll kinda sound. Not what I was expecting and was tapping my foot something wicked during their set. Rixe from France ripped also. Got a nice Disclose metal bage/pin there along with some Rixe stuff and an Alexander Heir - Death/Traitors embroidered patch. But it's the two songs on that 7" that make this bundle. Skinhead club bangerz m8:
VANITY - Yer Fucking Boring b/w There's The Door. Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM, Single (Katorga Works – KW-040) US, 2015.
Faith / Void delivers once again...Fizzing at the bung over these ones. 3 of these I've been after for quite some time. I've never come across either of the KJ ones before so I exclaimed a large "ermagherd" when I saw them in the bins. Am hoping to get the 7" signed by them when they play Toronto in Feb. Regarding the Blitz 12" although the track 'Solar' extended version isn't on the Second Empire Justice album it reminded me of a time years ago in Christchurch when I had an original copy of it in my hands going for $8 or something and I didn't buy it for whatever reason. I think the first earthquake hit within a week after and the record store moved or something...haven't seen a copy since. Oh yeah that Water Torture goes haaaaaaaard. Two bassist and a drummer yelling like that Aussie dog impression guy
on the news. Gnarly stuff. Clockwise from top-left:
KILLING JOKE - Requiem. Vinyl, 7", 45 Black Injection mould labels (EG - EGMD 1.00, Malicious Damage - EGMD 1.00) UK, 1980.
SEA OF SHIT/WATER TORTURE -Sea Of Shit/Water Torture. Vinyl, 7", Split (Diseased Audio – DAR-006) US, 2012.
KILLING JOKE - The Courtauld Talks. 2 X Vinyl, 12" (Invisible – INV 004) US, 1989.
BLITZ - Solar. Vinyl, 12", Single (Future Records - 12 FS 6) UK, 1983.

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Dead Moon - Nervous Sooner Changes LP
Flour - Morbid Thoughts LP

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:09 pm

My collection of original Neurosis pressings is getting bigger - up to 5 now. I was pretty baffled to come across this 2001 pressing! How beautiful is that cover...so good to see all the finer details in it finally. When I saw them live a few months ago they played the second track off this 'The Tide'. 10/10 and one of the best scores since I've been over here.
NEUROSIS - A Sun That Never Sets. 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album (Relapse Records – RR 6496-1) US, 2001.

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:21 pm

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Lecherous Gaze - Zeta Reticuli Blues Tape

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:19 am

Got the Protomartyr a few weeks back around the time of their show. Banger of an album which came with a sick huge poster an a zine style lyric booklet. The YAITW was my latest purchase and a feral Black Metal/Crustcore earsplitter. From top to bottom:
YOUNG AND IN THE WAY - When Life Comes To Death. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album, Clear w/ White (Smoke Deathwish Inc. – DW159v) USA & Canada, 2014.
PROTOMARTYR - The Agent Intellect. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album, Limited Edition, Green Opaque Splatter (Hardly Art – HAR-091) US, 2015.

Some absolute bargains here. I got the Helios Creed one pretty much for free at Neurotica and the rest for petty coins at faith/void - love that place. Clockwise from top-left:
HELIOS CREED - The Warming. Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM, Single (Amphetamine Reptile Records – scale 33) US, 1991.
KYKLOOPPIEN SUKUPUUTTO/DEATH TOKEN - Kyklooppien Sukupuutto/Death Token. Vinyl, 7", EP, Brown and Clear Marble (Tuska & Ahdistus T&A005, Spild Af Vinyl - SAV#03, Hate Records - HATE 06) Europe, 2006.
CROW - 獣ノ群レ. Vinyl, 7", single (Prank - Prank 101) US, 2009.
GREEN BERET - The Cult Of State. Vinyl, 7", EP (Side Two - SIDE2 - 006) US, 2013.

Picked up both of these beauts a few weeks back. The Wand one from their incredible performance at the Adelaide hall on Nov 10th. The Deathreat one I got from Neurotica for about $10 I think. Some fine d-beat/HC featuring members of Tragedy. From top to bottom:
DEATHREAT - Consider It War. Vinyl, 12", EP (Partners In Crime - PIC008) US, 2001.
WAND - Ganglion Reef. Vinyl, 12", LP, Album (God? - GOD#009) US, 2014.

Ah... Rudimentary Peni. This band or EP/mini album need no introduction really but it's possibly my fave release of theirs. It's dark, heavy but still retains that playfulness they're known for and it has some simplistic hooks in there which coupled with some stark and cryptic lyrics warrant repeat listens. So happy to find this and bargain a purchase at reasonable price. I got it for far less than what it goes for. "You are!....the crumbling waaaaalls.....of a prison!"
RUDIMENTARY PENI - The Underclass. Vinyl, 7", EP (Outer Himalayan Records - BOOBOO7) UK, 2000.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:46 pm

picked this up today

remembering how damn good this song is
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCKwqyR7KY[/video]
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:40 pm

great comp

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:22 am

Haven't had much spare cash for records lately :( , but I did grab todays empires tomorrows ashes recently, sadly not on soviet red vinyl.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:12 pm

recent reissue on single sided 12"

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:09 pm

probably their best release

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:02 pm

yeah i agree, stoked to have it on vinyl. been thrashing it over the last few days

Return to “Music”