Kill Me Quickly

Discussions about bands, songs, music genres and all those funny sounds we like so much
i

Kill Me Quickly

Postby i » Tue May 17, 2005 1:30 pm

well.., ben has just left the band. He's not into hardcore. nor am i but... whatever, probably more to do with the fact that we others use words like, fag, froot, homo, cunt etc freely. Fuck PC i say. Also it means that we won't be playing with throwdown, But don't worry kids, we've already lined up a possible replacement and if it all works out (which im confident it will) it will be the real shit. hint. So don't fret, we WILL be back... harder and heavier (and more metal) than before. Stay tuned homies.

Dredphil anyone? 8)

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue May 17, 2005 1:46 pm

stink
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Future Shock

woopz!

Postby Future Shock » Tue May 17, 2005 1:51 pm

hahaha that's funny, I like them

7Steps

Postby 7Steps » Tue May 17, 2005 2:08 pm

Where did that quote come from?!

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Tue May 17, 2005 2:10 pm

www.myspace.com, the hub of it all!

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Tue May 17, 2005 2:14 pm

Smells like a pisstake to me.

...it'd better fucking be.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Tue May 17, 2005 2:20 pm

xJoeyNormalx wrote:Smells like a pisstake to me.

...it'd better fucking be.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=13837723&blogID=26465251&Mytoken=20050516192124

doesnt seem to be a pisstake, especially based on bens current views of the hc scene.

East Side Crew wrote:Dredphil anyone? 8)

i heard they were gonna get this guy:

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Tue May 17, 2005 2:34 pm

good for him then.

7Steps

Postby 7Steps » Tue May 17, 2005 2:35 pm

phaedrus wrote:good on him for taking a stand on his principles if he did... but sucks for nz hardcore if he did as well...

Exactly.

More metal for KMQ and more freedom if that's what Ben wanted...

Sounds like a good trade off.
Last edited by 7Steps on Tue May 17, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Tue May 17, 2005 2:37 pm

hastingscreep wrote:http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=13837723&blogID=26465251&Mytoken=20050516192124

doesnt seem to be a pisstake, especially based on bens current views of the hc scene

Yup, but it just fits too damn perfectly with that other thread in Misc. Ben posts his views, someone says "but don't your mates and band members say fag, fruit etc?" and Ben leaves the band.

Either:
A) Something went down behind the scenes and the Punkas comment was just a coincidence.
B) Ben took something someone said on Punkas too seriously.
or
C) It's a pisstake taking the piss out've the idea that you can't be in a band with someone who doesn't share all your views.

I live in hope that it's C. Pretty sure it ain't B, so...

Fuck it. If one of the only bands in Aucks with actual intelligent political lyrics loses its singer and lyricist 'cause of something as petty as this, well, that's just plain sad.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Tue May 17, 2005 2:46 pm

damn fucking right.

Dirty Dancin' Dave

Postby Dirty Dancin' Dave » Tue May 17, 2005 2:52 pm

I reckon they'll get Scribe... or Greg from the BAY.

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Tue May 17, 2005 3:04 pm

7Steps wrote:More metal for KMQ and more freedom if that's what Ben wanted...

Sounds like a good trade off.

i hardly think ben was holding them back from being more metal. unless your talking about a 'metal' viewpoint as a band or sumthin. i also doubt he'd leave the band due to a couple of comments on punkas.com. either way, its prety sad, and i sincerely hope bens puts his talents to use in another project sometime in the near future.

7Steps

Postby 7Steps » Tue May 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Not at all, Ben's guest vocals at the King's Arms that time GSH played were brutal in a metal context.

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Tue May 17, 2005 3:19 pm

with ulcerate it was.

Simon Edge

Postby Simon Edge » Tue May 17, 2005 3:30 pm

Well I'm guted as hell.KMQ was one of the only bands whose lyrics took a moral standpoint and brought anything worthwile to the table in the hardcore scene. I'm guessing one of the reasons Ben is leaving the band is the fact he has to put disclaimers on his lyrics etc. Its sad times for a scene when people/bands stop challenging the way we think/act because they are affraid to be labeled PC.

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Tue May 17, 2005 3:34 pm

I don't know the guy but cunts who think it could be cause of punkas? Fuck off and get over yourselves....

You would have to be pretty fucken weak to leave a band over something as pathetic as internet slander. Obviously something hes not.

Shit.

i

Postby i » Tue May 17, 2005 3:35 pm

people should start giving less of a fuck about what other cunts think and the scene would be just fine.

7Steps

Postby 7Steps » Tue May 17, 2005 3:39 pm

Simon Edge wrote:Its sad times for a scene when people/bands stop challenging the way we think/act because they are affraid to be labeled PC.

Fucking here here. Or hear hear. Whichever.
Last edited by 7Steps on Tue May 17, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Tue May 17, 2005 3:41 pm

agreed but maybe afraid isnt the word to use. maybe 'fed up with'.

rhydian

Postby rhydian » Tue May 17, 2005 4:03 pm

East Side Crew wrote:people should start giving less of a fuck about what other cunts think and the scene would be just fine.

i doubt this is true, i know i don't want the hardcore scene full of racists and deros and so forth

and yes this does suck. one of the only lyricists in nz to actually challenge listeners and discuss REAL issues in his lyrics has left one of the most musically killer bands. but i can't say i find this surprising with the current context of the "scene" and the general no-brain social-masturbation-fest direction that it seems to be taking. and to ben, i hope you don't give up on this and you try again maybe in a different band or music genre as you have numerous valid ideas to present that i hope won't become forgotten.

7Steps

Postby 7Steps » Tue May 17, 2005 4:05 pm

rhydian wrote:
East Side Crew wrote:people should start giving less of a fuck about what other cunts think and the scene would be just fine.

i doubt this is true, i know i don't want the hardcore scene full of racists and deros and so forth

and yes this does suck. one of the only lyricists in nz to actually challenge listeners and discuss REAL issues in his lyrics has left one of the most musically killer bands. but i can't say i find this surprising with the current context of the "scene" and the general no-brain social-masturbation-fest direction that it seems to be taking. and to ben, i hope you don't give up on this and you try again maybe in a different band or music genre as you have numerous valid ideas to present that i hope won't become forgotten.

Rhyds you still are the king.

vond

Postby vond » Tue May 17, 2005 4:33 pm

Last edited by vond on Thu May 19, 2005 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i

Postby i » Tue May 17, 2005 4:41 pm

It's twenty to five and its dark outside. That's a sign of the times.

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Tue May 17, 2005 4:53 pm

East Side Crew wrote:i can't handle what was just said. LALALALA

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Tue May 17, 2005 4:54 pm

Sliftghensnurgh wrote:so, up the sleazy hip hop culture in hardcore, keep calling people fags, fr00ts and jews or niggers if you please... keep messin' up those bitches insides, they're only sluts anyway, go tell your mysogenistic jokes at a womans refuge, those jokes are funny, get those filthy immigrants out of our country, war against terrorism is okay, it doesn't affect us anyway, and keep buying those new era b-ball slavery clothes, fuck you if you disagree, and fuck you if take a stand for something you believe in passionately, stop talking about politics and sing about violent shit you fruit, everythings okay, everyone's getting along, lets hold hands and singalong to some vague empty message, stop challenging people, the majority must be right!

WELL SAID SIR.

xbenveganx

Postby xbenveganx » Tue May 17, 2005 4:55 pm

For fucks sake.

I love how this shit gets whored over the internet. When I spoke to Kris I said nothing about my attitude towards 'politcal correctness' being a reason for leaving. My main reason for leaving was the simple fact that I didn't enjoy being in KMQ anymore. I haven't for quite some time. I'm not 100% what changed but all i know is I wasn't having fun with it anymore. And when a band isn't fun anymore, its time to leave. Simple as that. I find it pathetic that you put it down solely to my political views. It also feels great to see you amused by me leaving. Thanks heaps.

But yeah, I guess it did bother me being in a band with people that strongly opposed my lyrics (although they were never about what you call PC) which had anti racist, anti animal abuse, anti unjust war sentiments. It did really dissapoint me that you guys were so opposed to these view that you felt the need to make me put a disclaimer in the CD and even went as far to make a huge point of how opposed you were to them here on punkas. What exactly was it that you were so opposed to? So yep, those were my reasons for wanting to leave. I mean, I could have gone on pretending and being a misery guts at practice or at shows (which i am sure you guys must have noticed) or I could have not put myself or you guys through it.

I am super dissapointed to see that you are happy I am gone. I would have expected more than that. I also really don't want this to turn into a mud slinging contest. I just wanna say i am super bummed about leaving KMQ already, cause it wasn't an easy descision to make, but seeing you are happy about it makes me even sadder.

Also I didn't know if there would be a last show, but I guess Cookie has confirmed that there won't be one.

To all the people posting stupid shit, fuck up and think before you post again. Thanks for posting this East Side Crew, I love the internet. Joey Normal, that was retarded to even speculate I would leave my band of 3 years over some words on punkas.

To all the people who have shown support for me... thanks. It means the world. I'll deffinately be doing another band somewhere down the track, but I don't know when.

Thanks for everyones support over the years, I hope that my lyrics meant something to at least someone.
Last edited by xbenveganx on Tue May 17, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fucking shit fuck

i

Postby i » Tue May 17, 2005 5:00 pm

case closed.

jonathan

Postby jonathan » Tue May 17, 2005 5:03 pm

This Sucks.

deh

Postby deh » Tue May 17, 2005 5:06 pm

just on a different subject.. how is being called a "fruit" offensive? and the person who uses the term fruit was that just a progression of "egg"?

Return to “Music”