Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Wank on about your rig and how grand it sounds or just ask for advice on gear.
User avatar
Rizzo
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:23 pm
Location: The City

Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Postby Rizzo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Can anyone recommend a site that sells replacement parts for a floyd rose bridge (well, Low Pro licensed)? I've threaded one of the screws on the claw shaped bit that locks the string at the bridge end. I've checked a few sites and most only seem to sell complete bridges which is a waste given I only need a single lock thing.
It's on my LTD MH-300.

Alternately, is it worth upgrading to a Gotoh or something? If it's not possible to get the one part I may as well buy a better bridge right?

Current bridge:
http://luthierssupplies.com.au/product_ ... ts_id=1420
Possible upgrade:
http://luthierssupplies.com.au/product_ ... cts_id=942
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

User avatar
dclxvi
Posts: 13562
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:50 pm
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Re: Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Postby dclxvi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:10 am

warning: condescending, unhelpful post follows....

Image
PROBLEM SOLVED
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.


Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Re: Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Postby xCaptainx » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 am

http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/

Alternatively, check out Kenny Duncan guitars in wellington. Dude has a lot of knowledge around floyd rose and lots of individual parts for sale.

slob
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: in the dining room

Re: Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Postby slob » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Also try http://www.ashcustomworks.com/
He's in Auckland, I've probably bought close to two grands worth of parts from him over the years, no problems.
He's a top notch bloke.

User avatar
Green Bastard
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Postby Green Bastard » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:08 pm

which parts actually fucked? the longer screw that you undo to get the string out? the fine tuner one? or the one that holds the saddle to the base plate? is it just the screw fucked or is the receiving end also worse for wear?

User avatar
dclxvi
Posts: 13562
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:50 pm
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Re: Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Postby dclxvi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Image

yep........
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.


Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

User avatar
Rizzo
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:23 pm
Location: The City

Re: Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Postby Rizzo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Green Bastard wrote:which parts actually fucked? the longer screw that you undo to get the string out? the fine tuner one? or the one that holds the saddle to the base plate? is it just the screw fucked or is the receiving end also worse for wear?

The screw that you tighten to lock the string in place/undo to get out. The screw is totally fine but the internal threading of the claw bit is rooted.

Logan; would if I could m9 but can you imagine the bloody great hole a FR bridge would leave behind if you took it out?
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

User avatar
dclxvi
Posts: 13562
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:50 pm
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Re: Replacing a floyd rose bridge lock

Postby dclxvi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 pm

just wad it up with some TP mate


Joel from Diocletian just got a Kahler retrofitted to his Ironbird (which previously had a Floyd) and Glyn just whacked a block of wood in the cavity.... looks pretty cool actually.
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.


Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass



Return to “Gear Wank”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest