I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Wank on about your rig and how grand it sounds or just ask for advice on gear.
User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

A few of my latest builds

"The Rattus" A Dark tuned rat clone with germanium/LED clipping
Image

"Fulltone OCD"
Image

"Barber Dirty Bomb" This is fucking awesome!!
Image

"Orange Cake" Orange Hotcake clone
Image

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:43 pm

yo tony, still gotta sort stuff out with you

might do that soon haha
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Cosmo Kramer wrote:yo tony, still gotta sort stuff out with you

might do that soon haha


All good man.

E.J
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:16 am

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby E.J » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 pm

The orange cake sounds and looks fucking awesome dude, thanks so much!
Medieval Medicine
Call It Vivisection
Sacrifice Some More Lab Rats
In The Name Of Progress

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Been a slack few months of no pedal building and sorting other shit out. But I'm back for another round of pedals and to start of the year is my take on a MXR Phase 90.

Image
Image

Has 3 extra knobs and a 3 position switch.

A mix knob
A width knob
A regen Knob
A LFO speed switch.

Can get some really interesting sounds of it that you can't get out of a stock Phase 90

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 pm

#38 Barber Dirty Bomb Clone

Image
Image

Thing is ripping as!

User avatar
Agnes
Posts: 2168
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:02 pm
Location: Under the sign of the red mark
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Agnes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Is this a bass pedal? I saw you mention something about a sub-bass knob on the fb.

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Agnes wrote:Is this a bass pedal? I saw you mention something about a sub-bass knob on the fb.


Designed for guitar but rips on bass too. I have one in stock that I just built because. Has a sweet green radioactive symbol on it.

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 pm

A couple of Rebote 2.5 Digital delays

Image

One sold one not.

Nathanael
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Nathanael » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Hey I know this may be an odd request, are you able to build me some circuits with pots and stomp switches but minus all the 1/4" sockets, knobs and enclosures? It would be relatively simple circuits like a tremelo, od, phaser, clean boost etc. Im looking into building a multi fx box with switched routing to change up the pedal order.
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.


Image

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Nathanael wrote:Hey I know this may be an odd request, are you able to build me some circuits with pots and stomp switches but minus all the 1/4" sockets, knobs and enclosures? It would be relatively simple circuits like a tremelo, od, phaser, clean boost etc. Im looking into building a multi fx box with switched routing to change up the pedal order.


Oh yeah. I guess I could do that. The only problem is the off board wiring can sometimes be difficult. The stomp switch also incorporates the LED, the input and the output wiring. I dunno it would be difficult to know how much wire to leave on everything.

Nathanael
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Nathanael » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Nah the only things I don't want are the enclosures, jack sockets and knobs aka pot covers. All pots and switches attached as per normal. Basically I want to wire a bunch of circuits together, one input and one output, and build a switching matrix so you can change which pedal goes where. The only wire you would have to leave lengths of are for the I/O so I can join them to the switching matrix (I'm happy to extend any that don't reach) They would not need battery connects either as I have a few power supplies knocking about that I could use.

I am building an EQ pedal at the moment with a very talented friend that uses old Inductors for each frequency. Each inductor is multi tap so there are 3 frequency choices per inductor and 3 circuits in total (actually 6 because it can be run in stereo) giving you a choice 9 EQ points with +/- 15dB of gain. Once it's finished I'll send you the schem. If you ever comes across some old multi tap inductors it's a beautiful sounding circuit.
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.


Image

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Nathanael wrote:Nah the only things I don't want are the enclosures, jack sockets and knobs aka pot covers. All pots and switches attached as per normal. Basically I want to wire a bunch of circuits together, one input and one output, and build a switching matrix so you can change which pedal goes where. The only wire you would have to leave lengths of are for the I/O so I can join them to the switching matrix (I'm happy to extend any that don't reach) They would not need battery connects either as I have a few power supplies knocking about that I could use.

I am building an EQ pedal at the moment with a very talented friend that uses old Inductors for each frequency. Each inductor is multi tap so there are 3 frequency choices per inductor and 3 circuits in total (actually 6 because it can be run in stereo) giving you a choice 9 EQ points with +/- 15dB of gain. Once it's finished I'll send you the schem. If you ever comes across some old multi tap inductors it's a beautiful sounding circuit.



Oh yeah sounds like a plan. What effects would you have in mind?. At a rough cost it would probably be about $50-$70 for a board wired up with everything on it. Depending on the effect . I would leave the LED soldering off as it would be better to do that at the end once you have everything mounted in the box you can daisy chain all the 9v+ to the LEDs and the 9v- to the stomp switches.

Nathanael
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Nathanael » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm thinking some kind of Rat style box first off. I'm not a huge fan of the OG one and prefer the Rat 2. Have you made any odd mods to these circuits?
Next would be a tremolo. I have the schem of the one that is in my Acoustic 470 which I could send you to see if it's a possible build. Otherwise something like this... http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/devic ... ngbird.htm I also own that and it can be so over the top (in a good way)
Following that some kinda of boost pedal. Possibly a clean boost with a switch to make it more of an OD boost??
Then lastly a reverb. Im not sure what kind of reverbs you have made previously and the only one I have is a spring tank built into the same Acoustic 470. I would be really interested in seeing if there is a way to build some kinda of High Pass filter as a sidechain into a reverb so you can keep the low end dry and just have the verb hitting the mids and highs.

This is all very conceptual but let me know what you think is possible.
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.


Image

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12157
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby xCaptainx » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:53 am

Nathanael wrote:. I would be really interested in seeing if there is a way to build some kinda of High Pass filter as a sidechain into a reverb so you can keep the low end dry and just have the verb hitting the mids and highs.


That sounds like an awesome idea, very keen to hear if that is possible too.

Nathanael
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Nathanael » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 pm

I know of a box that was built for bassists using fuzz pedals that does a similar job. Pretty much a 2 way cross over network.
Bass plugs into that box first, then the box has a loop for your fuzz pedal of choice which only receives the mids and highs, the output of the fuzz pedal is then summed back with your clean low end and outputs that.
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.


Image

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sat May 11, 2013 11:46 pm

A couple of builds I have going on at the moment

Image

5 Band EQ, 2 x Parallel loop pedals, 2 x Demeter Compulators, Midfi Clarinot, Ampeg Scrambler, Mad Professor Compressor, Dr Boogie.

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sat May 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Boxed up two so far. Will have another couple boxed up by the end of the weekend.

AbraZifier (Ampeg Scrambler clone)
Image
Image
Built this for myself to use. Going to finally build myself a decent pedal board setup.


And The Midfi Clarin(not)
Image
Image

The Clari(not) is a fucking mental pedal check it out

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuMnM-292s[/youtube]

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:00 pm

Finished this today. #44 The ParaBlender. Two separate effects loops blended together for awesomeness. I had to build this one from the ground up as the internet "verified" schematic was bung so I started again from scratch.
Image

Image

I'm going to trial these style jacks until I have run out and I'll see how they go. There are a bit easier to work around as they are harder to short out compared to open frame. I have some other jacks I'm going to try out too some different fully enclosed ones.

Nathanael
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Nathanael » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Fuck yeah that looks awesome.
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.


Image

User avatar
Rizzo
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:23 pm
Location: The City

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Rizzo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 pm

What sort of ICs are you using? Can you point me in the right direction for some circuit diagrams? I'm doing some electrical engineering courses as part of my degree and struggling to understand it, maybe if I see how it relates to making sweet thrash I might get it a bit better.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Rizzo wrote:What sort of ICs are you using? Can you point me in the right direction for some circuit diagrams? I'm doing some electrical engineering courses as part of my degree and struggling to understand it, maybe if I see how it relates to making sweet thrash I might get it a bit better.


I mainly use opamps. Mainly FET opamps. the TL0 series are probably the most common. TL071, TL072, TL074, I also use JRC4558 and some LM series chips. For delays I use PT2399s

Google is your friend you can find anything on there. GGG (general guitar gadgets) have a shit load of schematics on their website.

User avatar
Rizzo
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:23 pm
Location: The City

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Rizzo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Sweet, thanks. Got a load of TL071s sitting around from my lab work. Shit is killing me, makes 0 sense.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Been a bit quiet recently. Built this one today.

#47 The Duct Tape Delay
Image
Guts
Image


I built this one for myself as I keep building delays and selling them so this one is mine.
I'm only 2 pedals away from #50

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:11 am

Finished my 50th pedal tonight. Pretty chuffed with them all and all the people that have my pedals. Roll on the next 50.

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:00 am

:calavcalav:


happy 50th tony




(gotta send you mine back still)


can u make haromony pedal or is that like too complicated/gay ?
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:36 am

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Here's some new builds

#51 Big Muff 66 Triangle
Image

#53 Dr Boogie
Image

#57 Another Dr Boogie
Image

#57 The Big Hefe. Big muff Creamy Dreamer with mids switch and internal diode lift switch
Image

Guts
Image

#60 The Battle Rat. Modded rat (almost the same as Berrys). Asymmetrical LED clipping using different colours
Image

Guts
Image

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:44 am

The Battle rat is for sale. PM if you are keen.

User avatar
Lummoxgrinder
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: North Dunedin
Contact:

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Almost forgot The Interceptor

#57
Image

Guts
Image

Based on a Fulltone Fulldrive. Awesome sounding bass overdrive. This one is for sale too.

User avatar
No Way Out Records
Posts: 6573
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: Trash Talking

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby No Way Out Records » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 am

How much is the Battle Rat?


Return to “Gear Wank”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest