I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Wank on about your rig and how grand it sounds or just ask for advice on gear.
Sam Deformed

Re: I make effects pedals to order. (Pepers' Pedals)

Postby Sam Deformed » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:29 pm

I love using the chorus for lead bits for sure (a filthy cheap behringer UC100) but the phase 90 I mainly use for full chords and riffage rather than plucking individual strings as in a lead solo bit or whatevs. Maybe an overdrive pedal of some sort would be good Sean?

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:05 pm

I stand corrected. You could whack a bit if delay or reverb on it as well to add some depth. Or maybe just a different distortion pedal. There are multiple filter pedals out there too. You just need to work out what kind of sound you want.

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 pm

hmmm, now i'm confused. I currently just use a turbo Rat but I did quite like the idea of the Phase 90. How much to make one for me?

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Well as it turns out I have one here right next to me

It needs a little bit of work before I would send it out the door. Will add a DC jack to it and touch up a few things inside. $90 and it's yours and I'll send it to you. I have used it so there are a couple of scratches on the bottom and dings out of the paint but that's why you get it a bit cheaper. Pretty sweet pedal I love the sound these things make. If you don't like the paint job etc I can build another one but will cost you $110

PM me.

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Lummoxgrinder wrote:I stand corrected. You could whack a bit if delay or reverb on it as well to add some depth. Or maybe just a different distortion pedal. There are multiple filter pedals out there too. You just need to work out what kind of sound you want.
No Way Out Records wrote:hmmm, now i'm confused. I currently just use a turbo Rat but I did quite like the idea of the Phase 90. How much to make one for me?

Well...I mean you could use the phase 90 for solo shred bits but it would probably be best turned all the way up to 11 for it to be getting anywhere near enough high-end goodness unless you want some depraved noisejam-warble shit going on :lol: It's rippin' fun to play with and I recommend getting one for sure Sean. It's Hawkwind-as-fuck. I don't know what you're after soundwise for open tomb but hey give it a crack!

*edit:The phase 90 has more than enough high-end to shred is what I meant.

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:07 am

Yeah I grabbed it and also got a cheap chorus for some added excitement. We sacked our other guitar player so I gotta make up the slack with shit loads of ugly noise!!

Just finishing off our two new songs which kick in at a total of 20 minutes combined.

imperiumdiabolus

Postby imperiumdiabolus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 am

get a delay,put it in front of the dirt pedal for more oscilating ugly repeats.i used to think chorus was a euphemisim for homosex-but wound out to full seasick vibe its actually fuckin cool.

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Need an excuse to make one of these.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuMnM-292s[/youtube]

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:44 am

Methhead Blenders (Meathead [dark] clone with blend control)

One of these is sold the other one is for sale. Sweet pedal for bass has a blend control to dial in how much wet/dry you want. $90 and it's your shipped to your door with a battery inside ready to go.

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Pedal arrived yesterday, cheers. Having a jam tonight so looking forward to giving it a hit out!!

Drax

Postby Drax » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Tony are you still making those ammunition case ipod dock/boom boxes?

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Piss-stereos, they fucking rule.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:51 pm

FC wrote:Piss-stereos, they fucking rule.

Pist Stereos

Yeah kinda I've only made three. MKIII is rad as fuck and the battery last for about 16 hours has jug cord to charge/power it. MKII is my computer speakers and Sam has MKI somewhere in his room.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Ah not that one time you left it lying around bro.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Drax

Postby Drax » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Lummoxgrinder wrote:
FC wrote:Piss-stereos, they fucking rule.

Pist Stereos

Yeah kinda I've only made three. MKIII is rad as fuck and the battery last for about 16 hours has jug cord to charge/power it. MKII is my computer speakers and Sam has MKI somewhere in his room.

You think you could make me one at some stage? The photos I saw of them looked fucking sweet.

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:43 am

Do you need to have an earth wire soldered to the case? Cos mine doesn't that's probably why it's so quiet.
ImageImageImage

FTU

Postby FTU » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 am

If the case is metal and it's running on 240v, then you should absolutely have the thing earthed.

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 pm

nah it's 9 volt.
ImageImageImage

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:58 pm

I'll post up pics of it later I'm a little busy right now. Will do a guts shot and explain how it works. My case is earthed on mine but only because it uses 240v to charge/run while charging. I have a complicated change over switch that I have already broken once so I may change it to some internal automatic changeover relays.

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 pm

Should really make a new thread for this but oh well

Although I would love to build some more of these I simply don't have the time not with all my pedal orders, my 45-50h week day job, the youngling and all the renovations and yard work I should be doing on my house. I would rather other people try and copy me than me build them for people. There is a shit ton of work gone into the ones I've made and I would probably build one for somebody and not want to part with it.

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Lummoxgrinder wrote:IMy case is earthed on mine but only because it uses 240v to charge/run while charging.

I was talking about my big muff pedal, I could've been clearer with my question asking/used thread about my pedal.
ImageImageImage

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:33 am

buckton wrote:
Lummoxgrinder wrote:IMy case is earthed on mine but only because it uses 240v to charge/run while charging.

I was talking about my big muff pedal, I could've been clearer with my question asking/used thread about my pedal.

HAHA sure thing man. The case should be at ground but it wouldn't make it quiet if it wasn't. Id say a transistor has died or is dying. Is it a branded big muff? Has it always been quiet?

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Lummoxgrinder wrote:Although I would love to build some more of these I simply don't have the time not with all my pedal orders, my 45-50h week day job, the youngling and all the renovations and yard work I should be doing on my house. I would rather other people try and copy me than me build them for people. There is a shit ton of work gone into the ones I've made and I would probably build one for somebody and not want to part with it.

Fair 'nuff. :cry: Guess I'll opt for trying to get me an old boom box.

buckton

Postby buckton » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Lummoxgrinder wrote:
buckton wrote:

HAHA sure thing man. The case should be at ground but it wouldn't make it quiet if it wasn't. Id say a transistor has died or is dying. Is it a branded big muff? Has it always been quiet?

kit build, it's always been quiet. Do ya wanna have a look at it? I'm coming back next month (up north) so I can post it from there to avoid mega postage two ways from Aussie.

Actually, can you build me a rat clone as well?
ImageImageImage

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Did you build it? Did you solder the transistors straight onto the board? And did you do it without the use of a heatsink clip? If its quiet that is most likely the issue. I can take a look at it but before I do you could try just replacing the transistors. What I do is I buy strip socket like this http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp ... rm=KEYWORD and cut it into threes for transistors that way you solder this in first then pop the transistor into it later once it's cooled down. No munted trannys. also you can experiment with different combinations of transistors that way too.

Yeah I can build you a rat clone. Which flavour? Rat, Turbo Rat, You Dirty Rat, Ruetz Rat or a selection of them. I made Berry the Lab Rat which is a turbo and standard in one box. He loves it. I have a turbo here for sale in Red I can hold off selling it if you want that one. Have a look on the Pepers' Pedals facebook it's on there. Can also mod that one to be more than just a turbo.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:38 am

Lummoxgrinder wrote:. No munted trannys.

No deal then!
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

buckton

Postby buckton » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:34 pm

I saw you had the pepers punisher on the fb page, if you've still got that how much? Or just a turbo rat modded for bass.
ImageImageImage

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:28 pm

buckton wrote:I saw you had the pepers punisher on the fb page, if you've still got that how much? Or just a turbo rat modded for bass.

That's my own pedal haha. I hold that one dear to my heart. Can make another one. I have the RadRedRat which is a turbo rat that I used for bass before I built the Punisher. You can have it for $90 or can do a new Punisher for $130.

buckton

Postby buckton » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Sweet I'll take the RadRedRat that should only be $12.50 in Australian dollars! you take paypal? I'll get a NZ address for you too.
ImageImageImage

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 am

Nah I don't do paypal. surely technology has reached a point where you can deposit money into an account from a different country.

Return to “Gear Wank”