Make/model for a timbale snare??

Wank on about your rig and how grand it sounds or just ask for advice on gear.
cashmoneymillionaire

Make/model for a timbale snare??

Postby cashmoneymillionaire » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Looking for idea's on makes/models of snare drums that can be used as a timbale, for reggae-flavoured accents

Ideally small size 11-13" and maybe with a piccolo-snare depth to it

Have been using a second snare with the snares turned off, tuned it the fuck up, comes across OK for live shows but recording the thing sounds real shit, comes through the mix sounding like I'm kicking a wooden door

I thought Latin percussion made small timbale snare drums, i've seen them around, but cant find anything online through their website

Thankyou very much and appreciation
Cannons over the world

Sasquatch

Re: Make/model for a timbale snare??

Postby Sasquatch » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 pm

piccolo depth (i.e. shallow) doesn't work too well for a timbale sound - you want a bit more resonance and body than a piccolo could offer...

if it has to be a snare (and not an actual timbale), your best bet would be to with an alloy/steel/brass shell, and relatively deep. as shit as it looks, the Pearl Joey Jordison signature snare is cheap, and at 13x6.5 is a pretty good size to be used as a timbale (with heaps of nice ring).

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Re: Make/model for a timbale snare??

Postby dclxvi » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:35 pm

yeah just buy some fukkin earrings instead
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Return to “Gear Wank”