Guitar Rig 3

Wank on about your rig and how grand it sounds or just ask for advice on gear.
dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Guitar Rig 3

Postby dclxvi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Any GR3 users on here?? Just sussed this shit out thru an M-Audio FastTrack Pro i'm borrowing off some FAGET. shit's pretty good for dialing up alright sounds on the fly... now I can run three Metalzones in a row into a Rectifier thru a ten inch speaker...

anyone got any good as presets? Keen on an Entombed guitar sound thru this shit but haven't had enough time to play around. unfortunately the DS-1 into an 800 on 10 doesn't actually sound that gr9...
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

imperiumdiabolus

Re: Guitar Rig 3

Postby imperiumdiabolus » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:41 pm

boosting the orange(citrus) gets you more down that kinda way ..i only use it for crazy wacky falling thru wormholes type shiyxzz though.

beef666
<3 tofu

Postby beef666 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:47 pm

dclxvi wrote:. unfortunately the DS-1 into an 800 on 10 doesn't actually sound that gr9...

really?
http://www.myspace.com/abortedchristians666

dimery wrote: no beef with nobody, down for whatever, smoke weed every day

Lurch wrote:Zane has a secret Fred Durst shrine in his room. True story.

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:49 pm

not on gr3, in real life it's a different story though...

kris, i've been using that signal splitter with an 800 with 2 cabs on one side and the orange knockoff on the other. panned hard left and right they sound pretty hyuuuge...
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

zvodkaz

Postby zvodkaz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:34 am

can you use regular vsts in guitar rig?

if so, you needa get some of those crazy as experimental sound design phd ones made by crazy old proffessors or some shit, fuck just emulating pedals.

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:42 pm

guitar rig essentially operates as a vst, so i'm not sure if you can burl any more shit into it. i'm still pretty impressed by it to be honest, after many years of naysaying..

sims

Postby sims » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:54 am

tis all good, but for some reason i really liked the guitar rig 2 presets better than the ones they bought out in 3. fuckin handy little programme both versions.

Tacotistk
trendy hipster

Postby Tacotistk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:04 pm

GR4 sounds pretty awesome.... although I have no basis for comparison with the earlier versions

general

Postby general » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:12 pm

somewhat unrelated, but the ampeg svx vst is pretty garbage (but marginally better for bass than gr3/2)

timi

Postby timi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:21 pm

general wrote:somewhat unrelated, but the ampeg svx vst is pretty garbage (but marginally better for bass than gr3/2)

Really? I thought it was pretty good, the SVTCL emulation kinda behaved like the real thing.

Return to “Gear Wank”