Win 8.1

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
Little Miss Twoshoes

Win 8.1

Postby Little Miss Twoshoes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 am

Yeah nah, or nah yeah? Kinda used to the weird setup now, do I even need a fucking start button? Opinionz pls!
"Personally, monsieur," said Poirot, "I don't give le fuck."

Shoot first, think never!

Marrow
real poo particles

Re: Win 8.1

Postby Marrow » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Considered it, but you need to fuck with the Windows Store App to download it. Also the server my win8 is authenticated off isn't even an official MS server, so I'd need some actual good reasons to upgrade before I can be bothered
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Start button is useless. But boot to desktop native is pretty sweet. Have a hunt around in the settings and turn off all the times it wants you to chuck in a password and it almost acts like a normal computer.

Since I refuse to sign up for a hotmail account to use my computer I don't have access to the shop either. But I managed to grab the update from the microsoft website easy as.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 pm

oh, that would be why I can't access the shop. I can't find the update on the website, it just redirects me to the store :/
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:53 pm

I just had a quick look, but can't seem to track down the page again, either. Weird.

Little Miss Twoshoes

Postby Little Miss Twoshoes » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:49 am

Lurch wrote:Start button is useless. But boot to desktop native is pretty sweet. Have a hunt around in the settings and turn off all the times it wants you to chuck in a password and it almost acts like a normal computer.

Since I refuse to sign up for a hotmail account to use my computer I don't have access to the shop either. But I managed to grab the update from the microsoft website easy as.

Yeah, getting used to no start button was like unlearning brain damage, but I don't even give a fuck now, but boot to desktop... Yeah maybe.
"Personally, monsieur," said Poirot, "I don't give le fuck."

Shoot first, think never!

Return to “Geek Forum”