Elder Scrolls Online (MMO)

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Elder Scrolls Online (MMO)

Postby snuff » Fri May 04, 2012 6:03 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... paign=auto

This, if done well, will be a killer cash cow for Bethesda.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

cirE

Re: Elder Scrolls Online (MMO)

Postby cirE » Wed May 09, 2012 4:21 am

anyone played daoc?
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:50 am

Beta kicks off today, anyone else in?

me = SMASHnGRAB
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:56 am

Been reading articles/ interviews/ previews about this for a while, and it's almost certainly is going to suck baaaalllllsssss.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:43 am

I'm not in the beta but one of my mates in Sweden has been playing it and says so far it's pretty shit.
Which is a shame, because they really make awesome games.. but IMO a big part of elder scrolls games is feeling like you are the 'chosen one' etc, it's hard to have that feeling of wonder walking around the world when there's 1000 other chosen ones on your server rocking around.

What I think would have been good for an 'Elder Scrolls Online' multiplayer thing would have been something like Borderlands style, where it's pretty much a single player PvE campaign, but up to 3 of your mates can drop into your world whenever, so you can hit some really hard dungeons/instances as a team of 4. It'd be pretty cool if they slightly modified the elder scrolls classes so they could support each other like that.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:33 am

Marrow wrote:because they really make awesome games..

Bethesda does, but they're not making the MMO.

It looks like just another hot key/ wait for cooldowns clone, which is exactly what could make an Elder Scrolls game gay. All the interviews I've read have been excuses about why they couldn't do x feature in an MMO, or how y hides the grind... But I did read that it might have an interesting explorable world which is an Elder Scrolls feature they could pull off in this.
It might be great, but I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up. And I definitely wouldn't drop any coin on it until I'm certain it isn't a total steamer.

edit: I don't think I've ever finished a main quest storyline in an elder Scrolls game, so personally the 'chosen one' stuff doesn't matter too much

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:33 am

Haha, neither, but even rocking around being like the archmage or head of the thieves guild etc, isn't quite the same when you're one of many. I haven't even looked at gameplay yet.
I wanted to give GW2 a try but its not on steam for some reason.

For divergence from the standard setting and standard combat mechanics, WildStar looks vaguely amusing
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/23/a-pair-of-wildstar-videos-appear
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Haha the explorer class sold me pretty quick in that vid

Hipster_Faggot

Postby Hipster_Faggot » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:40 am

I'm a bit concerned with the quest bugs, but I've decided to preorder it, anyone know what the cheapest site is? GMG have gone pretty low with discount codes for it, but there's none up atm.

skeetnigguh
VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO

Postby skeetnigguh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 am

Played through a bit before it closed. Not too bad.

Attended an end of beta party and danced my little Khajiit ass off.
ImageImageImage

Hipster_Faggot

Postby Hipster_Faggot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Ebonheart?

Someone kept messaging me shit like "Why would you make your character such a fat bitch?" during that =s

DrensolX

Postby DrensolX » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:48 am

aerozol wrote:
Marrow wrote:because they really make awesome games..

Bethesda does, but they're not making the MMO.

It looks like just another hot key/ wait for cooldowns clone, which is exactly what could make an Elder Scrolls game gay. All the interviews I've read have been excuses about why they couldn't do x feature in an MMO, or how y hides the grind... But I did read that it might have an interesting explorable world which is an Elder Scrolls feature they could pull off in this.
It might be great, but I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up. And I definitely wouldn't drop any coin on it until I'm certain it isn't a total steamer.

edit: I don't think I've ever finished a main quest storyline in an elder Scrolls game, so personally the 'chosen one' stuff doesn't matter too much

Indeed... also the MMO does not feel all that TESlike... its an MMO like any other.

Im 100% sure they will make it Free to Play.

They will cash in from the guys that are prepared to pay 60$ + 15$ a month for 2 or 3 months, and then they will make it F2P..

So dont preorder this.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:42 am

Keen to check out Wildstar still, reviews sound good so far.
Pretty much.
Also welcome to Punkas.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 am

Return to “Geek Forum”