Skyrim

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
ZPG

Re: Skyrim

Postby ZPG » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Xtian wrote:^ Fuck up.

Power leveling is good cause the lower level shit you chew threw it fast and you get hit more often, which in turn levels up your armor value/bonus (AFAIK is the hardest shit to level in the game..)

Enjoy the douche

play a real game bitch
ImageImage

cirE

Postby cirE » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:12 pm

waht difficulty is every1 playing in?
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Default. It seems weird though, I can rock through a lot of the quests, but a few encounters, (like those lich-guys with the magic masks) rape the hell out of me, and usually take 10-15 minutes to whittle them down. It might just be that spell-resistant enemies fuck me over.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

yellowbus

Postby yellowbus » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Xtian wrote:How do you get more weight in your dude

Stamina

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 am

one handed sword build, dual wielding and crit perks + conjuration bound sword L/R is fucking awesome. Wearing light armor, feels like a melee destroyer.

Marms

Postby Marms » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:25 am

I have set up a thief/assassin build (Wood Elf). just joined the thieves guild. Doing big sneak damage with my flaming bow. duel daggers for close up

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:13 am

I imagine bow users would fucking own dragons. Feels like I need something to take their wings out of they dont land.

Has anyone figured out/found a way to redistribute perks? I sunk too much shit into stuff I wont use, would be nice to get those 4/5 perks back.

daggers

Postby daggers » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 pm

I wish this game had VATS
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:33 pm

For anyone who hasn't tried it yet, horses are pretty shit. Annoying to take anywhere other than roads, not as fast/useful as say Assassins Creed horses, still need to dismount to do anything, and I couldn't work out how to store stuff in it. Also it fell off a hill and died, then my guy dusted himself off and got up. Waste of 1000 gold.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro

yellowbus

Postby yellowbus » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Become a werewolf, you sprint faster than a horse.

Phlegethon

Postby Phlegethon » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:16 pm

put a first bit of work in today. Orc character (im not sure why). after playing for a couple hours you see how much magic really fucks shit up, next time round might do a sexy elf lady. with two hands full of FIYAAAAAAH

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:43 am

Join the Companions - not there yet, but I assume it's a matter of doing quests until they promote you to the Circle?

Currently playing schizophrenically, switching pretty regularly between one-handed + shield and one-handed + destruction (Dunmer, so using fire a lot). Been using a bow at distance to soften up targets too. I chucked on some heavy armour (banded iron) early on as I was getting my arse kicked and that stat's levelled a bit now.. Is it a waste to shift back to something light to work on stealth?
I already have reasonably hight stealth stat, just figured heavy armour isn't helping me sneak about unheard. Also still sub-level 10, so figure I have to time refocus attention..
dream comfort memory despair

Phlegethon

Postby Phlegethon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Xtian wrote:
Phlegethon wrote:put a first bit of work in today. Orc character (im not sure why). after playing for a couple hours you see how much magic really fucks shit up, next time round might do a sexy elf lady. with two hands full of FIYAAAAAAH

Use a Mace with a Orc you get like 75% armour ignore, you one hit anything when you get in close on a power hit.

yeah my main weapon is the mace of embers, with the 25% armor negating perk. works well!

The Oriental Express

Postby The Oriental Express » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Haha, with all are trade in games cost us 40 cents.

Lvl 20 high-elf mage. Haven't had to swing weapons around on more then two occasions. My destruction, alteration and conjuration is all I need!. Also, playing a lvl 5 Nord Warrior, melee is fun as fuck once you understand how to dodge and block properly - kill animations on killing hits are satisfying as fuck. Also, having shouts on a Nord warrior is just so fucking metal. FUS RO DAH!

Not to mention that greybeards look like they are in Sun O)))

Love this game. Save money - Play Skyrim

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:15 pm

How do you fellas rate the new Creation Engine?

Bethesda reakon they'll do another AAA with it so fingers x'd it's Fallout 4.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

Danny-Boy

Postby Danny-Boy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:07 am

snuff wrote:fingers x'd it's Fallout 4.

Fuck, I hope not. Developers need to stop recycling shit. The gaming industry is already fuckin' boring and dull enough as it is.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:33 am

Didn't they already post teaser pics of their new IP somewhere? Something with jeeps and shit.. otherwise maybe they meant
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/35721/Be ... onored.php

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:07 am

Would rather see a swathe of skyrim/elder scrolls DLC's or expo's than another fall out. I really dont like that IP.

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:17 am

Not to derail Skyrim discussion, but I cannot fucking wait for Dishonored. Sucker for emergent narrative.

@Snuff - was that info about Bethesda Softworks as dev or as pub? To wear my cynical (and at the same time optimistic) hat, if they're developing it in-house and they're saying AAA it's likely to be existing IP. Fallout 4 in a couple years time would fit the pattern of their development cycle (2006:Oblivion, 2008:Fallout 3, 2011:Skyrim).

More evidence via wikipedia:
Pete Hines of Bethesda Softworks said: "The whole reason we went out and acquired the license and that we now own Fallout is that we clearly intended to make more than one. This is not something we're going to do once and then go away and never do it again. When that will be or how long that will be God only knows, but we acquired it specifically because we wanted to own it and develop it and work on it like we do with The Elder Scrolls."

Danny-Boy wrote:
snuff wrote:fingers x'd it's Fallout 4.

Fuck, I hope not. Developers need to stop recycling shit. The gaming industry is already fuckin' boring and dull enough as it is.

I think if we didn't have third-party semi sequels (looking at you New Vegas) made by dev teams who mean well but never quite nail it (directly at you Obsidian) we wouldn't get the same fatigue.

steve f wrote:Would rather see a swathe of skyrim/elder scrolls DLC's or expo's than another fall out. I really dont like that IP.

I think we can expect a pretty steady stream of decent DLC for Skyrim - Bethesda nailed it in terms of added value with Fallout 3, I can't imagine them taking a backwards step - especially with Skyrim being solid proof that they've been listening to feedback and learning lessons..

snuff

Postby snuff » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:17 am

/\ solid post

Fallout is my fav ip of all time, hence the interest in the new engine having not jammed skyrim yet...

So, does it hold up?

daggers

Postby daggers » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:51 am

having never played Oblivion then playing Fallout 3 then to Skyrim.. these games are so similar that I wonder if there's any need for a Fallout 4. Unless it's a drastic improvement on the formula which I doubt.
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

snuff

Postby snuff » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:59 am

Gunz yo

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:13 pm

VATS yo

If you're into guns and VATS, Skyrim's not going to cut it. First person melee is a tough sell if you're not into it. (Luckily I've been playing Dead Island heaps) But in terms of how they've structured the ecosystem, mainly the progress they've made with Radiant AI and Radiant Story, it's a step up. I'm not sure how much of their media fluff is hype, but it definitely shapes the world a little more dynamically than Fallout 3 - so I'd expect Fallout 4 to be that much better because of it.

Elder Scrolls Wiki wrote:Radiant Story: Many quests are still completely governed by Bethesda, but the Radiant Story system helps randomize and relate the side quests to players to make the experience as dynamic and reactive as possible. Rather than inundate you with a string of unrelated and mundane tasks, it tailors missions based on who your character is, where you're at, what you've done in the past, and what you're currently doing. Radiant Story is also smart enough to know which caves and dungeons you've already visited and thus conditionalize where, for instance, a kidnapped person is being held to direct you toward a specific place you haven't been to before, populated with a specific level of enemy. Skyrim also tracks your friendships and grudges to generate missions. Do a small favor for a farmer and it may eventually lead to a larger quest.

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:01 pm

The engine is really fucking robust and you can feel the massive tweaks since Oblivion. Once the major GFX players have had time with the tweaked engine Im sure nice SLI & CFX profiles will come out. At the moment I have CFX disabled for the game because it nets better performance.

The engine itself has no shit itself once for me, but I'm having big issues with ATI's drivers shitting themselves and closing to desktop.

This is my favourite RPG ever, FFVII has finally been toppled.

Got smithing and enchanting to 100 finally, fuck you can make some boss shit. Daedra longswords + Dragonscale armor is awesome.

Soul bind & Health absorb on each weapon, destruction % and magicka % on each peice of armor except bracers, which add +30% 1 handed damage.

Fuck yeah

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 pm

My flatmate has maps and the prima guide, only need to yell at him to get the tip.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:47 pm

I think it'll take me a few playthroughs before I actually look up any guides.. I've always enjoyed Elder Scrolls series more when I don't really know where everything is, as it makes the world feel a lot bigger.
Just wishing I could find a bigger range of conjuration spells... I've about 20+ destruction spells, and only one elemental summon :(

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Hmm, I just conjuration for the swords (for soulbind) when my physical weapons run out of charge or I have no lesser souls to refill them with. The guide is extremely handy when a quest bugs (it will bug 100% on at least 2 occassions on PC).

The guide is also awesome for the alchemy combos, I really cannot be fucked going through all those combinations.

Whats everyone going for with their game?

Mine is:

Side with storm cloaks, destroy the elves, destroy the humans that surrendered to them.
Destroy all orcs, high/dark/forest elves.
Lead the dark brotherhood
Destroy the thieves guild
Destroy the companians
Become archmage of winterhold college
(try and) kill Nord king Ulfric and usurp throne

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 am

anyone got protips for soul gems?

they dont seem to fill like they should, im using the cojuration swords with binding perks, as well as the trap 5% perk from enchanting.

cirE

Postby cirE » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:57 am

you got empty soul gems of all sizes?
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

Phlegethon

Postby Phlegethon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:44 pm

yo steef, how do i level up faster in smithing? im a bloody orc but it takes me forever to level up smithing

Return to “Geek Forum”