GTA V

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
Dixon Cider A.C.

Re: GTA V

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Woah. I got some birds handbag back and lost the $350 she had in it

buckton

Postby buckton » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Install was pretty quick considering the size, I did the intro mission and two repo missions, pretty Gumby at the controls keep putting my gun away during gun fights and can't suss out keeping behind cover. Sort it out buckton.
ImageImageImage

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:28 pm

buckton wrote:Install was pretty quick considering the size, I did the intro mission and two repo missions, pretty Gumby at the controls keep putting my gun away during gun fights and can't suss out keeping behind cover. Sort it out buckton.

I keep throwing in controls from TLoU as that's the last game I played. Had some raaaawww doh moments with me ending up dead very quickly. Add me to your PSN. Punkas GTA online!!

Peperziz

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:33 pm

39.5 % now. just gets better.

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Ive only played gta on PC previously so its still trying to get used to the whole thing. I keep flying out of cars.

Amazing game.
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

buckton

Postby buckton » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Lummoxgrinder wrote:
buckton wrote:Install was pretty quick considering the size, I did the intro mission and two repo missions, pretty Gumby at the controls keep putting my gun away during gun fights and can't suss out keeping behind cover. Sort it out buckton.

I keep throwing in controls from TLoU as that's the last game I played. Had some raaaawww doh moments with me ending up dead very quickly. Add me to your PSN. Punkas GTA online!!

Peperziz

yeah I'll put it down to that as well, although I was the same with IV, pretty sure i had you on my old one xbassslayerx, I've got a new one dunbartonboganz, I'm sussing out landline internet soon, Telstra need you to be home so they can plug a phone in to make sure it's working. Pretty sure thats not the case back home, persevering with wifi hotspot on my phone at the moment, should be sorted on the 2nd or 3rd of October.
ImageImageImage

Postby . » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 am

pretty much spent my whole time so far as franklin having random fist fights.

what the deal with robbing 24/7s and liquor stores? i'm sure i read somewhere that you could but i haven't found anywhere yet?

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:01 am

Dunno. I'm about 55% now but im fucking stuck outside a city mission and can't find the fucking start of the mission. Big t on the map but can find the glowing thingy ffs. Cant change character atm either.. Fuck knows

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:01 am

If they are open (they look like you can walk in) point a gun at the clerk
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:51 pm

If you get stuck trying to start a T mission outside a strip club its in the back through the private rooms :explainittomelikeimfive:

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Instant 2 star for driving on the golf course, lame

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:34 pm

4 stars for visiting the humane lab carpark.

this game is of course awesome, but theres a few little things i could have done without, and some things that seem like they rushed over
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:20 pm

I love it. If I were to criticize though. The auto aim is too good and the radio has lost some subtlety. But seriously I love this game. Honestly GTA has never really been about gameplay/mechanics but this game has brought everything together so well. Its not super hard but I think that adds to the pacing of the story which is perfect. For the scope of the game the graphics are really nice. The missions are varied and fun. The phone is ssoooooo much better now. 61% now im not sure if that includes everything. I don't think so though so I think im close to finishing it :(

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:29 pm

The one thing that annoys me is the fact that each radio station has like an hour set. Surely with blueray etc technology they could have doubled it. Even if they put on songs they didn't have to pay for something like in gta3, songs that nobody has ever heard.

Other than that fucking rules hard!!

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:35 pm

yeh, agreed, ive maxed out radio x already, been hearing 'my war' in my sleep.
a mix of real songs and inhouse like gta3 would have been awesome, but i doubt they would be free.

im at 28% kinda sux to have played this much on a crt, cant read pretty much anything
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm

is there a way to upgrade fighting skill? trevor just got wasted by a stevedore

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Philfy Vermin wrote:yeh, agreed, ive maxed out radio x already, been hearing 'my war' in my sleep

Ahaha, I went to sleep with it on in the lounge yesterday, dreaming along to AMOEBAAAAAAAAA

also how have you been getting on with using your phone and shit if you can't read the words? I have a hard enough time reading txts and driving. (irl too!)

Fuck I cracked the fuck up at Trevor taking a shit behind the dumpster. Worrying really that I identify with him the most.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:15 pm

sometimes i can get the gist of it, the rest of the time i just use the map and go to whatever new waypoint is there, couldnt find the fucking flight school so im doing trevors heist as micheal without the pilot skill, just fell out of the chopper trying to release the stupid yellow sub, falling thru the air with michael screaming and the fuckin prompt is 'get back in the cargobob' fuckin how? lol

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:19 pm

oh yeh, also i watched my mate play it at his house and had a few goes for quite a large part, so i knew what a lot of it was.

Devon

Postby Devon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:17 am

I wish GTA V had a similar combat system to sleeping dogs... Would make this game pretty much perfect.
Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:10 am

Sleeping Dogs was a fuckng great game!
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:14 am

you can change the targeting system, i havnt played sleeping dogs tho so i dunno whats up

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:31 am

Finished. watching credits now. Bring on online.

FrankGrimes

Postby FrankGrimes » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah Sleeping Dogs was great. I got it for like $5 or something in the games on demand sale, and was really stoked with how good it turned out.

Finally met Trevor last night. Jeeeeeeeeeeesus.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:42 pm

haha yeh, i thought lamar was a pretty hilarious character, like ryder in san andreas, until i met trevor, that guy is fucking crackup, in a world where anti-hero is standard, this guy is a masterpiece.

im at about 40%, just ate a hash cookie, still playing on CRT... had further delays getting my 40" ...mainly caused by me spending all my money at the pub due to an old acquaintance visiting TGA.
first world problems :explainittomelikeimfive:

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:05 pm

The other thing I had a slight issue with continues on from what I said about the radio. The whole game kinda lost some of the cleverness of the satire.

Like 'compare the Ifruit models - they're all the same!' i dunno the game was so awesome it didnt really matter but its kind of a shame.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:06 pm

theres a few other things too, but i always forget what they are when its complain time, its nothing thats a big deal, like, when the character gets out of a crashed car on its roof, shit goes haywire, like they hadnt really spent much time getting that sussed, no biggie tho.

holy fuck, just found a bigfoot, shot it and it vanished...

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:05 am

Loving 5 just wish I wasn't working so much atm, hanging for my weekend to really get stuck in.

+1 for Sleeping Dogs
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Started 2nd play through. Game rules so fucking hard

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:39 pm

its cool how slightly diff things happen and the dialogue reflects it, like when you first meet trevor and he kills that biker, as you drive off he berates ron for disrepecting woman, and rons reply changes based on whether or not you killed her, noticed that on a few things, particularly all the big heists will play out quite differently, just based on who you choose.

on the otherhand, i cruised up to grove st garage in an infernus, im right near the end of the game and had only just found one(they are everywhere now i have one parked in micheals garage tho, thats just how GTA games work, spawn one, spawn more) i bought the garage intending to save the infernus, but when i buy it the fucking car disappears and franklin is just standing there... ive noticed a bit of dickery like that, and with the fucker not selecting the closest targets in a melee, fighting those ballas who were gunna kill lamar was driving me nuts, so many times the fuckin aiming system was off tryna nail some cunt in the distance, no matter how many times i re-aimed, and meanwhile im getting pelted with lead by some purple gimp right next to me.

both are typical GTA bullshit tho, just would have liked to see some of those wrinkles ironed out in the latest version.

Return to “Geek Forum”