Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Postby geneterror » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:41 am

I'm so fuckin' hype for this game. Surprised there has been no thread here so far. Releases Feb 18th but me and some of the NZism boys got to go and play it early.
We all did short writeups that you can read here.
http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.p ... 801.0.html

PSN peeps, fight me :angel:

Dick Dynamite

Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Postby Dick Dynamite » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Yeah fucking keen. Need to get a console so I can play it :P

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:31 pm

gonna be awesome.

Kramazubg

Postby Kramazubg » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Fucking cannot wait for this. Some of the new fighters looks sick.

refrigerator

Postby refrigerator » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:41 am

HYPE etc
anyone decided on their teams yet?
I'm still a little bummed at the lack of cable/cyke, but a few of the new characters look like they can fill a void.

Kramazubg

Postby Kramazubg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm thinking Zero (Mega Man X fanboy squee), Amaterasu and Redfield. After watching some of the videos I kinda like the way Taskmaster and Dante look tho.

refrigerator

Postby refrigerator » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:28 am

You aren't one of the megaman fans QQing about his absence?
I think taskmaster looks like the bomb, but I'm still not sure who else to play. one of my friends has made it explicitly clear that I'm not allowed to play deadpool because he hates him too much. lol. so I'll probably play deadpool.

muice!
Location: scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff

Postby muice! » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:01 am

Thinking I'll probably put Zero on point at this stage just because there's not much footage around of anyone else going balls out from first slot (who isn't Dante or Trish who I don't want to learn).. Though Wesker looks alright too.
Keen on Deadpool/Thor/Superskrull/Arthur as well but need to see some super/DHC/assist specifics before I stick to something. Trying not to play stink guy runaway, though I think MODOK is hilarious.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:47 am

muice! wrote:Thinking I'll probably put Zero on point at this stage just because there's not much footage around of anyone else going balls out from first slot (who isn't Dante or Trish who I don't want to learn).. Though Wesker looks alright too.
Keen on Deadpool/Thor/Superskrull/Arthur as well but need to see some super/DHC/assist specifics before I stick to something. Trying not to play stink guy runaway, though I think MODOK is hilarious.

Arthurs lockdown/keepaway is awesome! He is punished by having no dash on the ground or in the air but damn he's annoying with someone like Doom backing him up especially with Dooms new hidden missile assist :evil:

Fuck I can't wait!

Kramazubg I think I deleted you off my friends list because we hadn't played a game since Blazblue and my list is always filling up. I'm gonna delete a few people I haven't played in a while and add any Punkas peeps that want to play MvC3. Stupid 100 friends limit they need to increase that shit asap.

Kramazubg

Postby Kramazubg » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:10 am

refrigerator wrote:You aren't one of the megaman fans QQing about his absence?

Gutted he's not there, but it's not the end of the world, mainly cause Zero is WAY more badass than X anyway.

geneterror wrote:Kramazubg I think I deleted you off my friends list because we hadn't played a game since Blazblue and my list is always filling up. I'm gonna delete a few people I haven't played in a while and add any Punkas peeps that want to play MvC3. Stupid 100 friends limit they need to increase that shit asap.

Didn't even know there was a friends limit haha. Can't wait to have some late night MvC3 matches. :twisted:

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm getting this game for the shineyness. I will suck.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Steve, when the game comes out head over to my place for a session. I'll have you smashing scrubs in no time :)

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Deal

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:14 pm

i'm thinking thor, akuma, chun.

muice!
Location: scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff scaff

Postby muice! » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:17 pm

When you have an awesome cast why would you pick two of the stinkest SF characters ever aka Chun and Gouki?

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:19 pm

lol. chuns assist + akumas demon.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:25 pm

wait.... you're picking up a NEW GAME??

muice!

Postby muice! » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Chuns assist is looking ok... but she's still one of the stinkest characters and RD will suck like it does in every other game.

:angel:
Oi see you (get your ass whooped) on Sunday (at a new game)

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:47 pm

its on.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:15 pm

muice! wrote:Chuns assist is looking ok... but she's still one of the stinkest characters and RD will suck like it does in every other game.

Chun looks like a beast in this game, instant overhead crossup combos in a game that seems to have made tri-jumping less effective or harder to use as effectively (so far). Have fun blocking that shit :? I still have no intention of playing her though.
Check the video in this link http://www.ripten.com/2011/02/04/ripten ... -loves-it/
From about 4:30 onwards.

I'm playing Thor, Doom and ?

beef666
<3 tofu

Postby beef666 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:16 pm

pretty keen for this, someone teach me some shit
http://www.myspace.com/abortedchristians666

dimery wrote: no beef with nobody, down for whatever, smoke weed every day

Lurch wrote:Zane has a secret Fred Durst shrine in his room. True story.

refrigerator

Postby refrigerator » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:00 pm

geneterror wrote:
muice! wrote:Chuns assist is looking ok... but she's still one of the stinkest characters and RD will suck like it does in every other game.

Chun looks like a beast in this game, instant overhead crossup combos in a game that seems to have made tri-jumping less effective or harder to use as effectively (so far). Have fun blocking that shit :? I still have no intention of playing her though.
Check the video in this link http://www.ripten.com/2011/02/04/ripten ... -loves-it/
From about 4:30 onwards.

I'm playing Thor, Doom and ?

so many things I've read have completely written off thor, what made you decide otherwise? i dont think he looks bad at all, but im not pro at these things.
i just watched a good thor video on eventhubs.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:46 pm

I've played the game and mucked around with Thor so I'm not just going off other peoples impression but watch the entire of the video I posted above. Thor has crazy high damage and the second highest health in the game. He will make a crap point character at the start of a match but His Mighty Smash assist is awesome, heaps of damage and good invunerability on startup. Most people won't like him at first because you have to work hard to get in close but I'm quite comfortable with that situation.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Oh yeah the NZism guys got me an Xbox360 copy for my wedding present! So as soon as I get an Xbox and new TE stick (shouldn't be long) I'll be rolling on both PSN and Xbox Live for this and Blazblue: Continuum Shift :)
I'm not gonna bother with SSF4 until AE drops for consoles.

refrigerator

Postby refrigerator » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:36 am

geneterror wrote:I've played the game and mucked around with Thor so I'm not just going off other peoples impression but watch the entire of the video I posted above. Thor has crazy high damage and the second highest health in the game. He will make a crap point character at the start of a match but His Mighty Smash assist is awesome, heaps of damage and good invunerability on startup. Most people won't like him at first because you have to work hard to get in close but I'm quite comfortable with that situation.

oh thats good. its so irritating when people write characters off before the game is even out. he looks like he will be hard to play because of his lack of speed.
i'm going to have to put in heaps of work because i never played mvc2 beyond messing around and having fun shooting giant lasers. that and certain people I know already have a dodgy copy and are playing 24-7.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:54 am

Yeah I know people with a copy already, in fact I will prob go play it tonight ;)

I know a lot of people picking up this game that have never played MvC2 before, in fact half of them only got into fighters when SF4 came out. The gap in skill levels won't be as high because you don't have to play people like me with 10 years experience of the game under their belt. People like SimonFish and Mike Imagneto will be crazy good after a week but they're like that with all fighters ;)

Aucklanders, NZism will have this at fortnightly Ranbats from now on and we will do some level up sessions if anyone is keen. I'm happy to help out punkas peeps on PSN if you have a mic. I'm still a scrub at this game so far though, can't wait to hit the lab next week.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:07 am

so jelly right now

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:33 pm

after watching a buttload of vids, I'm determined to get at least "competant" with Doc Doom, Deadpool & Thor.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Well I can help you out with Doom/Thor, fuck Deadpool I hate his character.

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:30 pm

I just like his ulti's, they look like they would link really nicely with thor and doom's close up style. I like Dante's ulti's even better, but I think Dante is a total faggot and will never use him so...

Return to “Geek Forum”