Your lastest geek-tech acquisitions/cost thread.

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
aerozol

Re: Your lastest geek-tech acquisitions/cost thread.

Postby aerozol » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:10 am

If there's a time limit to make a complaint and get a refund, then he may just be faffing around and will send you a replacement that's the same and make sure the process takes longer than the refun limit or w/e.
Also why would the other two be 128 if yours isn't and he got them from the same supplier :S Is he really that dumb?

Also it's easy to be nice in an email. In any case I would proceed with caution..

buckton

Postby buckton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:22 am

The blue eyed devil smiles as he dicks your ass.
ImageImageImage

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 pm

aerozol wrote:If there's a time limit to make a complaint and get a refund, then he may just be faffing around and will send you a replacement that's the same and make sure the process takes longer than the refun limit or w/e.
Also why would the other two be 128 if yours isn't and he got them from the same supplier :S Is he really that dumb?

Also it's easy to be nice in an email. In any case I would proceed with caution..

sorry i guess i didnt make it clear, that was his reply to me before any money had changed hands or he had sent me the device, i had asked if i could have two at that price and that was his reply.
i sent him this last night:
this drive is only 8gb
i tested it with the software found on this link.
http://reviews.ebay.ie/Free-Test-for-ha ... 0010279822

i would like a refund please.

this is his reply.

Hi there,

I'm so sorry about that! That would explain what I experienced the other day when I finally tried to fill up one of the USB drives myself and the files didn't show up properly. Thank you very much for providing the link too, I ordered a few (but only sold 2 of them thankfully!) so I'll have to be sure to test the rest of them.

If you are able to provide me with your bank details I would be glad to give you a refund.

Please return the item to:

[****]

I will make sure to refund the return postage also :)

Thanks again, and sincere apologies for the inconvenience!

seems like an honest chap to me
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:27 pm

im at tech now(hence the dual account usage) and fuck me, none of my work was saved onto this drive, ive got half an hour to do 3 weeks of work again...
yay.

bourbon is sounding pretty good
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:40 pm

well it was working, i tested episodes of community, listened to albums of roofdog, mot, skinflicks, fugazi and stage bottles, whole discogs of the latter 3
i only tested 120493 of 127983 MBytes and it came back saying 491.0 MByte OK.
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:34 pm

We have a table at the housing office for my place where people leave shit they don't want anymore for others to grab... scored myself an original Xbox, 4 controllers, and 30+ games off it this arvo stoked!
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm

^ raaaaad

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 pm

snuff wrote:We have a table at the housing office for my place where people leave shit they don't want anymore for others to grab... scored myself an original Xbox, 4 controllers, and 30+ games off it this arvo stoked!

somebodies angry girlfriend strikes again!

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 pm

yeah that's what I fuckin thought, some cunts been ripped off

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:24 am

Nah I reakon it was a girls in the first place as their was a sex and the city dvd in there, as well as a lot of the titles being more female orientated.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 am

J wrote:yes it would still show that but when you try to fill past 32gb or whatever it would just give you errors (for example)

check this out
http://reviews.ebay.ie/Free-Test-for-ha ... 0010279822

Just bought a 32gb MicroSD from trademe, and pretty sure it's a fake :(
Fuuuuuck, too much hassle. Testing it with that program now...

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Wed May 01, 2013 12:06 pm

fuck that dude refunded me, AND gave me extra to cover postage, so i literally made money on it, AND i still have it...

really should send it back to him tho

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Wed May 01, 2013 12:08 pm

snuff wrote:Nah I reakon it was a girls in the first place as their was a sex and the city dvd in there, as well as a lot of the titles being more female orientated.

some fat chick probably killed herself

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Thu May 09, 2013 12:16 am

Ah yeah it was fake, the guy said he'd refund me but he hasn't yet, but also the item hasn't gotten back to him yet. Apparently it got picked up but it's been on its way to a tracking depot for 4 days now... Just sent them a mail.

Day after i won the bid Dick Smith had a sale, 32gb cards for 39$, 2$ cheaper than this pos shit fake one *facepalm*
Now that ship has sailed and I'm not too keen to risk TradeMe again :S

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Thu May 09, 2013 10:23 am

aerozol wrote:Ah yeah it was fake, the guy said he'd refund me but he hasn't yet, but also the item hasn't gotten back to him yet. Apparently it got picked up but it's been on its way to a tracking depot for 4 days now... Just sent them a mail.

Day after i won the bid Dick Smith had a sale, 32gb cards for 39$, 2$ cheaper than this pos shit fake one *facepalm*
Now that ship has sailed and I'm not too keen to risk TradeMe again :S

Did you report that shit to Trade Me?

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:Did you report that shit to Trade Me?

Yeah, straight away, but I don't think he has to refund me until he gets the item back.
They said they'd deal with it if he didn't refund the money.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Got a home theatre setup (http://www.sony.co.nz/product/bdv-n990w) but finding it really annoying currently because I don't have a TV, all I really wanted to do was stream music from my laptop to it. Gotta source some software for running a DLNA server I think
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

wolfcult

Postby wolfcult » Thu May 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Marrow wrote:Got a home theatre setup (http://www.sony.co.nz/product/bdv-n990w) but finding it really annoying currently because I don't have a TV, all I really wanted to do was stream music from my laptop to it. Gotta source some software for running a DLNA server I think

Plex or xbmc.
therapist wrote:Apparently arguing with you guys on the internetz is childish & unprofessional (As much as I enjoy it).
So I have been forbidden by the band from further interaction on a personal level.
It was alot of fun while it lasted, but we would prefer to conduct ourself's in a more mature fashion from now on.

:baton:

Thanks for all your feedback & I'm sorry for any offence I may have caused anyone.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Fri May 17, 2013 7:41 am

Sweet, mate gave me a small HDMI tv so I can use all the menus, but I'll look at setting up plex on my Win8 laptop as a lightweight media server. Just remembered I forgot to get work to ship up my server :(
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Fri May 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Even wmp will do an ok serving the content up from your laptop to the ht box. Eventually you'll probably get sick of the sony dlna interface (what's it like?), and limited format/codec support and want a client box to run xbmc (or plex?) through it/the tv.

xbmc fucking rules it. But I guess you will be happy with plex too.
I think it's lint.

snuff

Postby snuff » Sat May 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Old phone finally shat the bed... had cracked the camera a while back and smashed the screen snowboarding so grabbed myself one of these today.

buckton

Postby buckton » Sun May 19, 2013 12:38 am

What's it like? It's what they've offered my on insurance, one x was the last one I had and was miles ahead of the desire HD.

Also got a Samsung 55" 3d tele, dlna compliant and plays every codec I need. It's not the newest one so can't stream to phone/tablet can only use them as remotes :calavcalav: :calav: etc.
ImageImageImage

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun May 19, 2013 10:29 am

Yeah I'm still stuck with this... I'm running plex on my laptop, with a library on it, and I've configured the HT box to sit on my home network, but I don't see any option to actually connect the two devices. It might be that it's being cunty because I have no internet connection, but I really don't see why that would be an issue :(

snuff

Postby snuff » Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 am

buckton wrote:What's it like? It's what they've offered my on insurance, one x was the last one I had and was miles ahead of the desire HD.

Also got a Samsung 55" 3d tele, dlna compliant and plays every codec I need. It's not the newest one so can't stream to phone/tablet can only use them as remotes :calavcalav: :calav: etc.

Seems pretty decent, was either that or the S4 and have always preferred HTC over Samsung so yeah...

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 am

that phone makes me gay... fuck i miss having a job, its so hard to buy cool crap when your income is $170 weekly

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Mon May 20, 2013 7:09 pm

just got this for $30 bucks, i really have no idea what im doing so i figured id not ask any advice from anyone or do any research and just buy the first thing i saw.

9" x 12" VisTablet

:explainittomelikeimfive:

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 pm

It's 12" so you could use it to draw any realistic sized penis.
ImageImageImage

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 pm

yeh i know right? its perfect for drawing average sized cocks, between 9 and 12 inches.

snuff

Postby snuff » Tue May 21, 2013 1:47 am

Philfy Vermin wrote:fuck i miss having a job, its so hard to buy cool crap when your income is $170 weekly

Fuck that, dole... would not trade again.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue May 21, 2013 9:13 am

quite likely, i also bought that lightscribe drive for $10, it was described as 'working when it was taken from the computer' :explainittomelikeimfive:

Return to “Geek Forum”