eReader shit thread.

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
Livestock

Re: eReader shit thread.

Postby Livestock » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:59 am

Just bought a Kindle Fire will pick it up next week in San Francisco.

Sounds really awesome, all the reviews I've read were positive was ~$USD200.. exchange is good at the moment.

Once I've had a play with it I'll chuck up a review.. Will be super handy for travelling, could almost put my laptop in checked luggage now.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu May 24, 2012 12:11 pm

i just got a barnes and noble nook color, its pretty sweet, running icecream sandwich(latest android) rather than its own gay os, it doesnt have that eink, but i dont really think its a problem, just jammed a bunch of free games on it, angry birds/tetris/pacman/space invaders type shit, but now i must ask, where does one find a bunch of free books?
the google shop only wants me to have kamasutra, the koran and the bible without paying, im scooting around the net finding books here and there but one good resource would be nice
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu May 24, 2012 4:00 pm

There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu May 24, 2012 4:30 pm

yeh thanx, already found the ones that show up in the top results when you search 'free ebooks' looking for something a bit more ....not 70+ years old.

plus nothing from gutenberg has actually worked for me yet, they only seem to work as html pages, i want to be able to download them, i thought that was the general idea?
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

a lesser known matt

Postby a lesser known matt » Thu May 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:yeh thanx, already found the ones that show up in the top results when you search 'free ebooks' looking for something a bit more ....not 70+ years old.

plus nothing from gutenberg has actually worked for me yet, they only seem to work as html pages, i want to be able to download them, i thought that was the general idea?

I get some from here http://www.epubbud.com/ and some from here http://www.freebookspot.es/

I'm actually finding it easier to download torrents of authors and then Dropbox it to the iPad. Found the 2011 amazon top 10 torrent which had all the genres top tens from 2011

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 pm

torrents! that hadnt occurred to me, cheers muchly

Return to “Geek Forum”