video card blew up - need a new one

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

video card blew up - need a new one

Postby dclxvi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 pm

so after thrashing MW2 pretty solidly for the last couple weeks on this 8600GT I bought s/h at the start of the year, it's finally packed in and fucked itself. not too much of a problem but i still need to suss something so i can get open GL working in photoshop....

anyone selling one or got any suggestions? budget at this stage is FUCK ALL, bear in mind. hit me up, cheers.
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Danny-Boy

Re: video card blew up - need a new one

Postby Danny-Boy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 am

What's the rest of your systems specs? Should look at getting a couple of fans or you might fuck up the next one you buy.

kimura

Postby kimura » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:36 am

I have a decent one in a PC that I dont use anymore...i'll get the specs on it for you when im home if interested?

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:59 am

yeah bro, that'd be good..

specs.... off the top of my head... ASUS plpk5soemthingorother mobo (which is pretty fukkin basic - only one PCI-E slot, so wouldn't be able to physically fit a 2-slot card with a massive fukkin cooling unit on it i don't think), 2.5ghz dual core pentium, 4gb ram, 300w psu, not running anything ridiculous, most of my extra shit is just usb... i have been hammering the fuck out of MW2 on reasonably high settings so i dunno if the extra strain has possibly resulted in a meltdown...

heard a massive CRACK come from the general direction of the computer earlier yesterday, thought it was the fucken kitten knocking something over. i'm wondering if that's the sound of a pcb exploding? reminded me of when i blew my power supply up many years ago, except no smoke or burning smells...
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Danny-Boy

Postby Danny-Boy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:28 pm

Probably want a way better PSU. That 300W is not nearly enough for what your running. So I'm told anyway.

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 pm

PSU is too small mang, you want around 750w + for that system. Minimum.

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:30 pm

yeah a mate at school just told me the same thing. fuck life.

ruff

Postby ruff » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:41 am

You don't need a 750w PSU - the fact that your PC has been running just fine proves this. If you needed more power it would have started fucking up (switching off, not POSTing randomly) long before your gfx card issues.

The G80 core based Nvidia cards are terribad for over heating and fucking out due to weak dies from a failed manufacturing process.

Try this... it's a fix that actualy works in some cases.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034145333&postcount=1

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:53 am

fuck, thanks bro. might try that shit tonight. cheers.

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:14 am

HI BROEZ

lookin at a GeForce 9800GT for the replacement. Prob gonna go with the http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=363315

Gonna suss a new PSU at the same time I think. Any suggestions?

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:10 pm

well well.. don't think that oven trick is gonna do me much good. upon closer inspection i realied i'm dealing with three exploded capacitors.... gutz.

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:36 pm

I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

Return to “Geek Forum”