What game are you playing now thread.

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
aerozol

Re: What game are you playing now thread.

Postby aerozol » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:11 pm

holla

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Sounds like I should do this.
Except still sorta want to get a console too for gaming with mates and fucking console exclusives.

Playing the fuck out of nosgoth (beta). It's great but frustrating, because so reliant on a team that doesn't suck balls.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Marrow wrote:Sounds like I should do this.
Except still sorta want to get a console too for gaming with mates and fucking console exclusives.

Well, you can just plug any computer into your tv and run Steam and it will stream etc anyway, but with the OS I only have a controller plugged in and it boots straight to Steam big picture mode, so it has that console feel (though would be nice if it booted faster, still beta I guess). If you have a USB stick and a computer you're happy to format though, the installation is easy as: http://store.steampowered.com/steamos/buildyourown

But re. gaming with mates, that's what this setup is for! These are what we've been playing lately:

Nidhogg
Hidden in Plain Sight (the race game holy shit too good)
Towerfall
Screencheat is fun too
& Gang Beasts is next on the list to try

Get some drinks and 360 controllers and you'll be up all night with those for sure.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Smashed out some destiny with my cousin last week might pick it up for the weekend. New farcry out nek month might get that once I'm finished

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Just got an alpha access key for the weekend beta of EVOLVE. pretty stoked to jam some, even though I've got more important things I should probably be doing >.>
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Smashed out some destiny with my cousin last week might pick it up for the weekend. New farcry out nek month might get that once I'm finished

Destiny becomes such a bore real quickly. This month is going to be great new AC, Far Cry.

Oh yeah, and based on Aerozol's recommendation :P I grabbed Binding of Isaac since it was a free game on PS+ this month.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:09 am

Good timing because
BOI REBIRTH!!!

All fucking day!
Beat Satan and Isaac! But I'm away for a week so that'll be a good breather and I'll be super keen to play again. I'm liking it heaps so far - the items are more fun and more OP, but the fights are harder and the pace is faster imo. More fun and more frustration, sweet!!
Much nicer than the flash based original Snuff, but the og version is exactly the same gameplay wise, not as smooth or as nice looking, but essentially that's it.

Played a little bit of my flatmates copy of Destiny, really didn't hook me. But its sales figures really show that blandness works if you're casting the audience net wide eh? I honestly just love the aesthetic and feel of Bungie stuff and combat etc, but some of the load times, difficulty in finding a party, and kind of boring missions are a bit of a shame. And 'story' lolol what? Oh well.

snuff

Postby snuff » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:05 am

Yeah Rebirth is the one I got, xplay with Vita so will jam on that most likely.

Like Destiny is great, but my biggest gripe is that they've artificially manipulated the longevity of it by making the drops so weak and forcing this incessant grind.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:16 pm

ive just been playing far cry 3, great game, but im absolutely stuck on the knife fight with hoyt, its not even so much that its hard, its more that each time you fail you have to wait for the stupid fucking game to load, then sit thru hoyts thick saffie accented spiel before you get to fuck up the timing of the button presses again, super frustrating, and if you get sick of it and ragequit, like i just did, you have to sit thru the whole poker game again too when you turn it back on.
it really upsets me seeing sam get killed, i liked that guy.

one nutella topping on this shit sandwich is that i found this when looking for tips/cheats

I have been trying to get through this Knife fight wilh Hoyt for the past 3 hours and still no luck. I have done erveything that has been stated on the forum and still unable to stab him. I am 67years old and I will be dead by the time I get past this part of the story. I really liked the game until this point (9.5) and now I will rate it as -10. Please correct this part of the game, and I not I will no longer buy one of your games. Ghost Recon Future Solider was a flop as far as I was concenered, but this is a bunch of BS.

pretty much sums up how i feel
"Look how happy he is"

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:04 pm

^ got to love a quick save before a cutscene

Rebirth stiiiillll

snuff

Postby snuff » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:19 am

aerozol wrote:Living room couch gaming on a library of 500 + games with no need to ever drop all of them because the 'next gen' console is out.

I don't really understand that comment?

Why would you drop any games? 500 games you're still going to have as many redundant games as someone with them in a physical format. I still buy old gen games from time to time when I come across them in a second hand store. Personally I've never enjoyed PC gaming in the lounge, pc gaming for me is about having a comfy ass chair at a desk with a mouse and keyboard.

Anyho...

Playing atm - Escape Plan PS4/Vita, Civilization Beyond Earth PC, and waiting for Lego Batman 3 in the post.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:56 am

Cs:go, best game ever. Dreamhack winter coming up should be good.

snuff

Postby snuff » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:13 am

I know you've been hooning the Occulus for a while J, what are your overall impressions?

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:20 am

played mafia 2 last night while somewhat intoxicated, got really fucked off cos the fuckin sicilian gombah wouldnt work, too fuckin good for that, fuckin criminal scumbags, get off my lawn etc.
"Look how happy he is"

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Currently ripping shit up at North & South:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHcoemBuUZ0[/video]

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:23 pm

snuff wrote:
aerozol wrote:Living room couch gaming on a library of 500 + games with no need to ever drop all of them because the 'next gen' console is out.
I don't really understand that comment?

Why would you drop any games? 500 games you're still going to have as many redundant games as someone with them in a physical format.
Why would a good game ever be redundant?
In a more literal sense a Steamworks server for an older game will still be running (theoretically - I can't say I'm completely trusting...) years after PS3 through PS10 games have been phased out of existence and are being re-sold collectively in the PS11 online store for a 'nominal fee' lolol
I own hundreds of boxed console games as well, but have only ever played them via emulator on xbmc or via USB controller for years anyway. Though plugging in the Fountain is good for a laugh, and I have a soft spot for the actual Megadrive for some weird reason.
Personally I've never enjoyed PC gaming in the lounge

Same game (hopefully running better), same TV, same controller, sitting in the same place, but you wouldn't enjoy it? Not entirely sure what you think PC gaming is?
But anyway, this is all being run from my desktop so I can still sit at my desk if I want, up to me.
Last edited by aerozol on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Drax wrote:Currently ripping shit up at North & South

Looks like it might be hard. Old school strategy games are usually too hardcore for me...

Do you get to choose your side? Who'd you pick??

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Yep, I'm the Union.

Nah, it's really not that hard but you can change difficulty settings to make it really challenging. It's very cartoony and has a real arcade feel. There's about 3 type of mini-games apart from the general moving armies around, etc: battles, infiltration of forts and jacking trains. Wicked game. Highly recommended if you have an Amiga emulator (they're really fuckin easy to install).

Oh yeah, and it has a 2-player mode too:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOhLNkBzX0o[/video]

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Currently having a blat on Hillsfar:

snuff

Postby snuff » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:41 am

aerozol wrote:
snuff wrote:
aerozol wrote:Same game (hopefully running better), same TV, same controller, sitting in the same place, but you wouldn't enjoy it? Not entirely sure what you think PC gaming is?
But anyway, this is all being run from my desktop so I can still sit at my desk if I want, up to me.

I guess its just ergonomics and aesthetics for me. I've never enjoyed having or using mouse/kb getting on a table in front of the couch... Controller nbb for sure.

Steam, while great, I find you end up with so many games that never get played. Even on console I don't like getting the digital version of a game, they're like ebooks. I prefer to have something physical, I'm still dark on games that get released without a physical manual.

Each to there own.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:38 am

snuff wrote:I guess its just ergonomics and aesthetics for me. I've never enjoyed having or using mouse/kb getting on a table in front of the couch... Controller nbb for sure.

SteamOS is 100% controller operated (can use mouse and keyboard if you want but that's not what I'm doing), and I'm playing on the same TV, and from the same couch I would be with a console. You could not possibly notice the difference if you couldn't see the 'console' and were using your PS controller.

Boxed stuff is great but for current games in NZ you're just getting ripped off. Would rather spend my money on older stuff. Or records or something that isn't going to drop a few hundred percent in value in the first year. But after buying current games in Steam sales for a while I can't even imagine dropping a hundred bucks on a game anymore, which is a big shift.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:25 pm

its no big deal to drop $100 on a game, i got GTAV on the first day it came out i was like the second customer(some crazy nerd pushed past me lol) for $88 sold it within a week for $50, could have got more but it was a mate, my ps3 is modded so no need for the physical disc.

you are also rather wrong about games going redundant, UrT is a fucking desert these days, if you wanna play bot matches theres plenty, but if youre after a real game youre shit outta luck.
real sad. :(
same goes for quake, no more customTF :? :(
"Look how happy he is"

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:31 pm

9seconds wrote:its no big deal to drop $100 on a game

"it's no big deal to get raped in the ass"

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:43 pm

9seconds wrote:UrT is a fucking desert these days

thats because its garbage compared to counter-strike. there are now 3 different version of counterstrike and its easy to find a game on any of them.

get cs:go. matchmaking is addictive as fuck. tryna rank up and shit.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:50 pm

aerozol wrote:
9seconds wrote:its no big deal to drop $100 on a game

"it's no big deal to get raped in the ass"

This guy

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:05 am

Yeah you guys fucked well proper with game pricing. Picked up a copy of Jonah Lomu for my Vita last time I was in NZ and even though it was like 2 years old it still cost like $60 (hard to get that game basically anywhere outside of Australasia).

aerozol wrote:SteamOS is 100% controller operated (can use mouse and keyboard if you want but that's not what I'm doing), and I'm playing on the same TV, and from the same couch I would be with a console. You could not possibly notice the difference if you couldn't see the 'console' and were using your PS controller.

Yeah I guess that's the difference, I really only play games on PC these days that aren't done justice on a console, RTS/Strat etc

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Got me a PS4 now. Playing GTAV on it. Pretty decent. Going to have a hoon on FarCry 4 too.

snuff

Postby snuff » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 am

Should hoon some Farcry co-op sometime I've got a copy in transit atm.

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Yeah man. "Peperziz" is my psn. Just de-traded my copy today. Wife bought me the GTA bundle but traded FC4. I wanted it so I un-traded it.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Sweet, internet again!

I've been playing Resident Evil 4!! Totally forgot how good that game is. So intense, and pretty damn huge too. Great action game, one of the first 3rd person shooters I think (?), and one that did it right. And, Item Tetris!!
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mblJq6FtPEk[/video]

Did you ever give Binding of Isaac a shot Snuff? Maybe half my friends who've tried it have bounced off, the other half are pretty addicted

Return to “Geek Forum”