Playstation 3 Thread

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
MuscleMan
smut peddler

Re: Playstation 3 Thread

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Cheating for the sake of winding people up is lame. If you want to wind them up, beat them at the game and talk shit, dont cheat. Ginger joke holds more validity in the geek forum than "cheating is lulz".

You hit a nerve with a successfull troll, I hate cheaters period. And beating someone up that trolled you is great, pretty weak expecting to stay unharmed cheating @ a pro lan (there was $$$ involved, 000's)

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Id expect them to be thrown out of the lan, and banned from future events. Personally though, I think there are far worse things you can do to someone than give them a hiding for being a cunt. Bruises heal pretty fast, exclusion really doesnt, and if someone is really being a fuck then the later will be far more effective than the former.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 pm

imagine someone taking your ska cds (mp3's, vinyl if you have any), and then burning over top of them remix justin beiber versions of the songs, thats what playing your favorite game after it has been hacked is like. (kind of)

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:27 pm

I think itd be more like going to a show that is full of stupid jocks and shit cunts, which with a lot of the bands I used to listen to is a fairly common occurance. Is it stink? Yeah. Do you go around smashing every cunt that does something that everyone else in the scene thinks is retarded? Well I wouldnt, but I know its happened a few times, and most of the time I thought those people were fucking stupid too.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:29 pm

maybe if the band had been infiltrated by a hipster who tricked them into all playing indie or something.

and no, i wouldn't get violent personally, sure would suck tho.
Last edited by mmmm....good crack on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm

steve f wrote:If you want to wind them up, beat them at the game and talk shit, dont cheat.

and maybe some of the cheaters are sick of this and feel like fucking with someone else for a change.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:32 pm

mmmm....good crack wrote:maybe if the band had been infiltrated by a hipster who tricked them into all playing indie or something.

The equivalent of that would be someone hacking so suddenly all the people playing whatever game they were playing were suddenly transported to "my little pony 2: the adventure of the littlest pony". That WOULD BE fucking hilarious and dont you deny it.

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:35 pm

geneterror wrote:Yeah I run a network cable, I lasted about 2 weeks on the PS3 wireless before changing over.

connect ps to router? or ps directly to pc?

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:39 pm

i do agree trolling people is hilarious, and if it was every once in a while it wouldn't be a big deal, but its far bigger than that, cod mw2 is pretty much completely unplayable online, you can't escape it. and with the ps jailbreak/geohot thing shit's just gonna get retarded. but as i said, thats ps3, 360 has hackers but they generally don't last very long.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Well yeah, I guess you add them all up and it probably gets quite annoying. No different to a NOFX show. I guess thats why gamers find new games, and people into music find new bands.

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:42 pm

the black ops hacks are set server side. Cunts rent a server, put the xp multipliers up for everything and prestige out over the course of 10 maps. So gay.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 pm

FC wrote:Well yeah, I guess you add them all up and it probably gets quite annoying. No different to a NOFX show. I guess thats why gamers find new games, and people into music find new bands.

again, not the point, at least i'm seeing nofx, who cares theres douchebags in the crowd, your still seeing awesome as nofx, plus i'd be owning those noobs with my sweet moves anyway. shouldn't have to give up being into the band because fags are into them. if a couple of them jumped on stage, grabbed the drumsticks and mic and fucked up everysong then maybe they would need a back hand.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

on topic: will be interesting to see the first kinect hacks working on cfw ps3's, theres one on the mac app store, 3d viewer or something

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Do they not have servers without cheats these days? I remember when my friends playing counterstrike there were servers with and without people with cheats on. Really the game developers should fix this shit.

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:11 am

steve f wrote:I beat the shit out of a guy at the equinox lan in birkenhead 2001 or 2002 for wallhacking in CS. Was met by a round of applause and a free logitech keyboard. Cheaters are loser cunts.

Amazing.

Seriously, if you've got the audacity to rock up to a comp and try this shit on getting your arse kicked is a fair retort. If you tried it on at a pool comp at a pub you'd expect it.

Trying it on from the supposed safety of your home shouldn't afford you any more security. I guess thats where your online trolling analogy comes in, if you're not willing to talk smack to someones face you shouldn't be that surprised if it comes back on you (you should appreciate this more than most Aidan)

With online gaming, more so on consoles with fixed handles, you don't quite have the anonymity you might think you have.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 pm

crain wrote:
geneterror wrote:Yeah I run a network cable, I lasted about 2 weeks on the PS3 wireless before changing over.

connect ps to router? or ps directly to pc?

Through a router bro.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 pm

FC wrote:Do they not have servers without cheats these days? I remember when my friends playing counterstrike there were servers with and without people with cheats on. Really the game developers should fix this shit.

We're talking consoles not PCs, you can't have private servers etc. We are stuck playing on servers with these dicks.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:37 pm

snuff wrote:
steve f wrote:I beat the shit out of a guy at the equinox lan in birkenhead 2001 or 2002 for wallhacking in CS. Was met by a round of applause and a free logitech keyboard. Cheaters are loser cunts.

Amazing.

Seriously, if you've got the audacity to rock up to a comp and try this shit on getting your arse kicked is a fair retort. If you tried it on at a pool comp at a pub you'd expect it.

Trying it on from the supposed safety of your home shouldn't afford you any more security. I guess thats where your online trolling analogy comes in, if you're not willing to talk smack to someones face you shouldn't be that surprised if it comes back on you (you should appreciate this more than most Aidan)

With online gaming, more so on consoles with fixed handles, you don't quite have the anonymity you might think you have.

yeah, but we dont really have anonymity here either.

additionally, 8 years ago bro, let it go, or are you still trying to fight jesus' and telling them Melbourne is your town too?

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Actually it might be 6/7. Either way, ive done far more interesting/retarded/hilarious shit since then. You need to update bro.

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:04 pm

I could, but that would involve caring...

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Ladies, please.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:54 pm

snuff wrote:I could, but that would involve caring...

So you don't care enough to not mention something that happened years and years ago? Good one jim jams, u r logik az.

Anyway, I thought you'd be on the side of the cheaters Jimmy. Living together I don't remember playing anything with you where you didn't try and cheat because you were losing.

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:27 pm

What?

Righto Aids.

So PS3 eh?

Stoked with mine.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Guess all that straight edge living at the time ruined your memory.

yeah PS3, I heard it got hacked, pretty lulz.

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Ok, so enlighten me Aidan... what games would I cheat at to beat you in when I wasn't winning?

Only recall really ever playing an X-men title on Xbox which was Co-op, and Mashed? which was a rad game and kinda impossible to 'cheat' at short of like kicking the controller out of someones hand.

And for anyone familiar with how the PS3 actually works, the hax thing isn't actually that big a deal. For games like CoD, the servers are run by activision so there's no server based hacking possible. Anything locally based will get nuked pretty quickly anyway, this is actually the second time this has happened (the first was around sept/oct last year) which would allow homebrew/dl'd titles to be run and was patched about a week later. You can't even get online with your PS3 without updating to the latest firmware. As far as the trophy hax go again it only seems to affect offline profiles which is all in all pretty meh.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Oh no, I dont mean xbox games, you cant cheat at them, at least not the ones we played.

I bothered to finish that xmen game at the end of last year too, so fucking disappointing.

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:45 pm

So what you're talking about like Monopoly or something?

You're a goose sometimes.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Basically everything we played, although you didn't always cheat I suppose, sometimes you just threw a tanty and quit. Dont really see the difference between monopoly and MW2 though, they're both just games.

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 pm

^^Critical thinking, logic and luck vs co-ordination, cognitive response and intensive memory required in short term and long. Ah no.

Using the ps3 more as a media server than a gaming machine. Its nice, but PC games still sheeet on console for the genres I enjoy. Upscaling is dope, and it works really well with a younger gen sony tv.

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:54 pm

All I'm pretty much left jamming on PC is RTS, even then there's not a whole lot recently that's interested me.

Once, or IF, PS3 supports .mkv it's pretty much sealed the media server game. Cool here you've got Yahoo and ABC apps on teh XMB for streaming their shows up to 2 weeks after airing. Good for shows like Colbert/Stewert.

Rage quitting is completly different to cheating Aidan.

Return to “Geek Forum”