Playstation 3 Thread

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
Lummoxgrinder

Re: Playstation 3 Thread

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:36 am

Uncharted 2 is pretty decent. Haven't played it yet just watching the GF play it through.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:40 am

pretty sweet that your mrs plays games

'i love you dream woman'

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 am

the review/preview of Demon's Souls makes me want a PS3 so bad.
fuck I hate console exclusive titles :P
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Kramazubg

Postby Kramazubg » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Marrow wrote:the review/preview of Demon's Souls makes me want a PS3 so bad.
fuck I hate console exclusive titles :P

It will make you wanna kill yourself/everyone around you.
When you're up in ak next you can have a jam of it.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:31 pm

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/ps3/demons-souls
^so you'd disagree with that then? They seemed to think it was pretty decent in a ruthless oldschool way.
Like risen. I'm dying so often in that that if I didn't have a quicksave button it would end up as a coaster.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro

daggers

Postby daggers » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm

selling Ninja Gaiden and Skate, 30 scrillaz inc. postidge. PM

also Uncharted 2 raped me
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection

Kramazubg

Postby Kramazubg » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Marrow wrote:http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/ps3/demons-souls
^so you'd disagree with that then? They seemed to think it was pretty decent in a ruthless oldschool way.
Like risen. I'm dying so often in that that if I didn't have a quicksave button it would end up as a coaster.

Thing is with Demon's Soul you cannot save. If you die you gotta start the entire level again. You just end up farming herbs for a while and then taking on the level. Also not being able to sell items is balls. Game is still one of the most fun/rewarding games I've ever played. Just incredibly hard.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:34 pm

ah, sounds almost as bad as breath of fire: Dragon Quarter.
(tough combat, saves can only be done at certain points, and by spending save-coins that are hard to find, and every step you take and usage of powers adds to your possession meter, which ends the game once it reaches 100%)
the entire point being you can restart the game but keep your char/items whenever you want, so multiple attemps are pretty much mandatory to finish.
damn that was a frustrating game.

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:15 am

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:pretty sweet that your mrs plays games

'i love you dream woman'

Well she does work at EB Games. Guess it's kinda a prerequisite. But yeah it's pretty sweet. Get to get heaps of kool as shit.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 am

^jealous now.

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:23 am

This is pretty weird, the GoWIII Demo will be on the District 9 BD....

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/28/god-o ... 9-blu-ray/
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

daggers

Postby daggers » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:44 am

yeah just saw that.. probably will rent that BD and just play the demo

anyone else getting the new Ratchet and Clank? I'm giving myself a week to finish ToD and then will buy the new one

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:47 am

Yeah Im grabbing it, still rate the R&C games on PS3 as the best platformers.

refrigerator

Postby refrigerator » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:05 pm

ratchet and clank 3: up your arsenal is probably one of the best games ever made.

daggers

Postby daggers » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:07 am

I'm thinking about getting a new game.. maybe the new R&C but doesn't feel like a game I would drop a hundy on..

people seem to be real keen on Borderlands but maybe not on PS3.. or maybe Ninja Gaiden 2 but I've already played that on 360

snuff

Postby snuff » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:12 am

Theres two demos from R&C: ACIT up on PSN today @ 2.5GB a pop.

Also PS1 ports of Abes Odyssey and Exodus on US Store.

daggers

Postby daggers » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:54 am

snuff wrote:Also PS1 ports of Abes Odyssey and Exodus on US Store.

keen as.. would be more keen to play this on the run though

The Face

Postby The Face » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Ahhh Abe - might have to pick that one up

snuff

Postby snuff » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey did you guys in NZ notice the TV tab on the XMB after that last firmware update?

Atm its just showing ABC here which allows you to stream eps after 14 days after they've aired.

BigBadBazza

Postby BigBadBazza » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:22 pm

updated yesterday and dont think we have it, somebody please correct me as it sounds pretty damn cool...
Salvador Dali wrote:Everyone should eat hashish, but only once.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:05 pm

No we don't have it here, not yet anyway.

daggers

Postby daggers » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:49 pm

not even updating for a while anyway, hardly ever play online

snuff

Postby snuff » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:03 am

GT ACADEMY ANNOUNCED

Australia and New Zealand confirm their first time involvement in the ultimate racing competition that is GT Academy.

Nissan Europe and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) have joined forces again to bring gaming and motor sport fans the ultimate racing competition. GT Academy 2010 will go live on 17 December, 2009 and will use the virtual world of Gran Turismo® 5 to find a real-world racing driver. The stakes are high, with an intensive race training programme and a season-long drive in a full race-spec Nissan 370Z in the European GT4 Cup as the ultimate prize. Also announced today is the first time involvement of Australia and New Zealand.

The success of Nissan and PlayStations' 'experiment' spurred them on to make GT Academy 2010 even bigger and better. The competition falls into four main stages:

Stage One: will offer Gran Turismo fans a sneak preview of the hotly-anticipated Gran Turismo 5 game, due for release during 2010. Competitors will record flying laps on a time trial-based track available via PlayStation®Network, accessed through PS3. Unlike the first GT Academy, participants will not have to enter the competition using the GT5 Prologue game itself, and so even more hopeful racing drivers are expected to take part.

Stage Two: the holders of the twenty fastest online lap times from each participating country will qualify for their national final event. Tensions will run high as they battle each other on another exclusive Gran Turismo 5 level for the chance to move to the next phase of the competition.

Stage Three: twenty finalists, chosen from each of the national finals events, will head to the world famous Silverstone circuit for the GT Academy itself - a five-day, comprehensive race driver 'boot camp'. They will have a chance to develop new driving skills in an array of Nissan, and other, hardware, while also being judged on fitness and mental attitude.

Stage Four: for the two competitors that display the talent, fitness, aptitude, drive and determination to succeed in motor sport, the action will hot-up even further. A UK-based intensive driving and racing programme will prepare them to qualify for an international racing license.

Stage Five: there is only one place available for the driver with the most potential to compete on an international stage. The overall GT Academy 2010 champion will race a full season in the European GT4 Cup in a Nissan 370Z prepared by RJN Motorsport. The opening race is currently scheduled for May, 2010.

GT Academy 2010 is the second instalment of this incredible competition. In 2008/09, Lucas Ordoñez, a 23-year-old Spanish student, graduated from his PlayStation®3 console to become a full-on racing driver via the GT Academy. Lucas is living proof that the answer to the question posed by PlayStation and Nissan - "can the world of virtual racing unearth a real racing talent?" - was a resounding "yes".

After a debut in the Dubai International 24 Hour race alongside former F1 driver Johnny Herbert, Lucas teamed-up with British driver Alex Buncombe to campaign a Nissan 350Z. Driving for the RJN Motorsport GT Academy team, the pair took part in the full European GT4 Cup season, mostly run alongside the prestigious FIA GT series. Their stunning performances included two race wins and two second-place finishes that left them an agonisingly close second in the drivers' classification, but winners of the Teams' Championship.

The GT Academy competition is open to participants from the following territories: Austria; Belgium; France; Germany; Ireland; Italy; Netherlands; Portugal; Spain; Switzerland; UK; and Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. Also joining in will be Australia and New Zealand to make it a truly international promotion. This year's rules stipulate that anyone who holds, or has held, a national or international race license will not qualify for GT Academy. This rule is aimed at maintaining the purity of the "virtual to real" concept.

Nissan International's Vice-President of Marketing, Vincent Wijnen, is excited to be embarking on the GT Academy 2010 journey. "Following the success of last year's GT Academy programme, we had no hesitation in working with PlayStation on GT Academy 2010," he explains. "The idea behind GT Academy is a natural extension of our approach to sports cars – we're determined to challenge the traditional way of doing things. Both the GT-R and 370Z are authentic sports cars combining performance with accessibility for drivers who are serious about driving enjoyment. Similarly, GT Academy makes the dream of becoming an authentic racing driver more accessible than ever thanks to Nissan, PlayStation and the stunning Gran Turismo’s online capability. Nobody else could deliver this programme.

"The original GT Academy exceeded expectations. We did not expect to find a driver of Lucas's calibre and it was a real bonus for the programme that we were able to help him demonstrate his potential over a full season with the European GT4 Cup drive. We are even more excited about GT Academy 2010, and I would encourage anyone who has ever wondered if they might have what it takes to be a racing driver to give it a go."

Kazunori Yamauchi, president of Polyphony Digital and creator of the Gran Turismo series, shares Wijnen's enthusiasm. "This has been a very rewarding partnership. The whole GT Academy concept is very close to my heart. Our target with the Gran Turismo series has always been to come as close as possible to a real driving experience. To witness the level of driving achieved by GT players after a relatively short space of time at the GT Academy was very satisfying for me and I look forward to seeing the 2010 finalists in action. I am also very happy to have the opportunity for our GT community to have a preview of the Gran Turismo 5 game."

The online section of the game will run from 17 December until 24 January with national finals following soon afterwards. The GT Academy itself takes place from 26 February until 3 March. The two winners will have to quickly clear their diaries, as their intensive training programme will start immediately and culminate in one driver racing in the opening European GT4 Cup race that could be at Silverstone on 2 May.

For people who want to find out more about GT Academy, lots of news and views will be shared on a variety of platforms including:

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:39 am

Yeah I've been following this quite closely, can't wait. I'm a GT fanatic!

Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KIjNy6PXAg[/youtube]

The Face

Postby The Face » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:45 am

Downloaded Flower - pretty buzzy. Will probably not play again until I come across a large amount of weed.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Flower is awesome for mad chillin' bro!

Downloaded the GT5 Academy demo, played it for a few mins, it's quite unfinished ie. bad textures in the background and lacking finishing effects. Also they have left car damage out of the demo :x
Will give it a proper hoon once I get my new Logotiech Driving Force Pro steering wheel this week :twisted: .
Last edited by geneterror on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Face

Postby The Face » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:38 am

Actually, I take it back - flower is awesome.

Currently playing through God of War Collection (I and II) in preperation for 3. Assassin's creed 2 in the mail as well, good times.

daggers

Postby daggers » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:55 am

flower is so buzzy lol

i love going up real high then going nose dive straight down to the ground then pulling up at the last second lol

Tacotistk
trendy hipster

Postby Tacotistk » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:43 pm

sup dudes. after the 360 got banhammered, figured I may as well "replace" it with a PS3. add me on there if you want. username autistk

snuff

Postby snuff » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 pm

See you're catching up on the PS exclusives atm H, LBP, GoW, Uncharted etc... :P

Return to “Geek Forum”