Playstation 3 Thread

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Playstation 3 Thread

Postby geneterror » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:35 am

PSN usernames:
geneterror = geneterror666
buckton = bassslayer
cheese = chz_au
Former Child Star = ghostofgallipoli
stuu = mc_beerbuzz
CAMOS = paydayfilms
snuff = PNHC_SMASHnGRAB
orangeutan = ginge_justice436
FIZZBITCH = daggers_nz
xpigx = xshoryukenx
Rizzo = luluislost

Alright seeing as I finally got in board with a next gen console, lets keep all the PS3 goodness in one thread. Discuss new demos, tech shit, games you lookin' forward to, PS3 issues, arranging online games etc. Post your PSN userenames and I'll keep editing this post so we can have a decent username list in one place.

Anyway a lot of people were saying that the new 80Gb PS3's were real noisy which I was a bit worried about before I got one but that's why I have now and I can't even hear it at all even after a 4 hour session on GTA4.

I wish Sony would put in support for mkv vidio files so I could watch anime in the lounge, can anyone recommend a good tool for converting mkv files so I can play them on my PS3. I love being able to make Window Media Player my media server and watching movies through my PS3 in the lounge without having to put them on a disc/flash drive. I know it's not a new thing but it's still a novelty for me.

I'm lookin' forward to geekin' out on Little Big Planet but it will probably have to wait for the Xmas holidays.

I also found out that my old PS2 wired 6 button controller works plugged into the usb port on the front of the PS3 if I use my PS>USB PC convertor.

Bring on Street Fighter 4, I thought I was going to have to buy one of new Hori 6 button sticks http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Play ... k/1549741/

Word on the street is that PSN and Xbox Live are both getting MvC2 in the future but I doubt it will be 'til well after we finally get Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.
Last edited by geneterror on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:51 am, edited 10 times in total.

buckton

Re: Playstaion 3 Thread

Postby buckton » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:46 am

I'm bassslayer.

i convert everything to divx that doesn't already work. there are other codecs supported but fuck knows what they are. ffmpeg should sort you out or winff if you can't be fucked with command line shit.

Only got GTA4 and need 4 speed pro street atm traded all my other games on the new guitar hero, oh i've got that lost game too, thought since ubisoft were responsible it would be good as, looking forward to farcry 2 and playing it on a high def tv again.
ImageImageImage

cheese

Postby cheese » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:44 am

chz_au

converting mkv. I think i used a program called lazy mans mkv or maybe ALLtoAVI....whatever it was, it still didnt work on playback to ps3. Most likely i didnt select the correct options when converting

Also i've found that there are a couple of mp3s/avis that dont work. eg. Hopesfall - no wings EP. Open hands isn't a valid file but the other songs are. and juno (klaxxon rip) doesnt work. All run fine off PC.

Also having a shitty about the 2.5 update. I stream everything off the PC via wireless. For some reason since the update i get a 7522 error when i try to browse music from the ps3, I've googled it and found a few other people have the same problem but no solutions yet. The only way i've half got around it was by choosing playlists - folders, but then you only get all files that are linked to playlist files (ie. .m3u). Video still works sweet, so hopefully they fix that fucker next time round.
Back 2 Life wrote:cheese is better

Former Child Star

Postby Former Child Star » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 am

for hi def stuff i use a program called Tversity, just basically a media server that transcodes

username = ghostofgallipoli

best thing you can do is to create a US based account ....heaps better demo's and stuff

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 pm

cheese wrote:Also having a shitty about the 2.5 update. I stream everything off the PC via wireless. For some reason since the update i get a 7522 error when i try to browse music from the ps3, I've googled it and found a few other people have the same problem but no solutions yet.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Getting my PS3 and the 2.5 update were pretty much simultaneous (I had to update 1 day after plugging it in) I wasn't sure if it was the update or me not having everything set up properly, videos play fine. Oh well I guess I know now and will have to wait for another update.

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Former Child Star wrote:best thing you can do is to create a US based account ....heaps better demo's and stuff

Yeah I've been wondering about this, can you clear something up for me?
I need to create a US PSN account but I don't need to create a new User for the PS3 is that right? If I am say user 'X' on the PS3 and then log into the store with a US PSN account and download a demo, if I then log out and log back in as a my NZ username will the downloaded demos still appear under my games menu as long as I am still under user 'X'? I don't really want to have to keep flicking between to PSN accounts to play diiferent demos etc.

The Real JeffJack.

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:42 pm

geneterror wrote:
Former Child Star wrote:best thing you can do is to create a US based account ....heaps better demo's and stuff

I need to create a US PSN account but I don't need to create a new User for the PS3 is that right? If I am say user 'X' on the PS3 and then log into the store with a US PSN account and download a demo, if I then log out and log back in as a my NZ username will the downloaded demos still appear under my games menu as long as I am still under user 'X'? I don't really want to have to keep flicking between to PSN accounts to play diiferent demos etc.

My Cousin uses Huge Heffner Beverly Hills 90210 as his address aye for getting Demos.

Fuck I will be buying one of these bad boys around XMAS or after if prices drop, fuck bring on the new FF and they are making a online co-op mmorpg type one, all action/fast paced like the new one coming out, few trailers around shits going to be mac.

Former Child Star

Postby Former Child Star » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:17 pm

geneterror wrote:

i did it as different users, haven't tried it the other way

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:16 pm

Hopefully should be picking up a PS3 in the next wee while, stoked at the $688 bundle with LBP.

Keen to know when I do what the best ops as far as 3rd party software is.

Wouldn't mind a nice interface for my movie collection on my NAS.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

buckton

Postby buckton » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:37 pm

the file system on it is cunty
ImageImageImage

jords

Postby jords » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:14 pm

still got ya wii gene?

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Yeah I do. I mainly play Smash Bros on it at the moment. There are a couple of interesting WiiWare games I wouldn't mind grabbing when I have some spare cash.

When I went to play GTA4 today it did an update first. Rockstar has given GTA4 trophy support, don't know if the update does anything else though.

yellowbus

Postby yellowbus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Playstaion 3 Thread

stuu

Re: Playstation 3 Thread

Postby stuu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:59 am

PSN ID: mc_beerbuzz

playing Call of duty 4, GTA4, buzztv, and wipeoutHD

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Keen for a Punkas GTA IV Cops 'n Robbers some time if we can get enough people!

CAMOS

Postby CAMOS » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:57 pm

username: paydayfilms

I'd be down with some GTA4 cops n' robbers action.

The Real JeffJack.

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:15 pm

is there any ff demos yet? heard that there was one but couldnt suss it aye, they should deff bring it to pc since they have launched it on xbox 360, make limited press imo

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:03 pm

limited press for PC?

The Real JeffJack.

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:23 pm

yea because it wont sell as many as playstation or xbox the upcoming ff, so probally best just limit like 10k copies for nz or some shit

buckton

Postby buckton » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:04 pm

just added everyone on the list so far
ImageImageImage

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:18 am

The Real JeffJack. wrote:is there any ff demos yet? heard that there was one but couldnt suss it aye, they should deff bring it to pc since they have launched it on xbox 360, make limited press imo

Yeah but chances are the 360 version will be an average port, Square has already said they won't be starting the 360 version until they finish the PS3 version which only leaves them about 5 months to rush it out. It will come to PC eventually like 7,8 and 9 did but it will be 2 years late and be a shit unoptimised port that as well will run like crap. It's how Sqaure deals with PCs :?

The Real JeffJack.

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:27 am

I am personally looking forward to their new online game, hopefully its a bit faster then the last, played that shit for like a few months on the john blaze aye, was buzzy as game but heaps fucking gay like pokemon, i think thats whats putting me off ff now, all the gay fuck monsters, its like going to a show and seeing all these faggot dress up kids, same dice.

cheese

Postby cheese » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:42 am

hey is anyone else streaming video wirelessly from PC to PS3? Sometimes i getting that annoying glitching, pauses for a couple secs, then plays then pauses then plays etc...
Sometimes can watch a whole movie without any problems and sometimes it will happen a minute into it.

Is this to do with the PC being busy (even though i shut everything down) or the wireless being a cunt?
Any settings I can change or check?

Cheers!

To get around that streaming audio problem from the last update - you can only access the playlist files to get into music
Tried creating a playlist on the PC of all my music to trick the ps3. It didnt like my tricks and didnt work :( anyone else got ideas?

edit - I've found out that the problem from the lastest update is to do with how many files/folders the ps3 can access. If theres too many you get an error and can't access any. I halved the amount of music shared and it works sweet. Other people off a ps3 forum have found the same thing, so hopefully sony sorts it.
Last edited by cheese on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back 2 Life wrote:cheese is better

snuff

Postby snuff » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:13 am

Sweet picked up my PS3 yesterday.

Username: PNHC_SMASHnGRAB

Now just to grab a DiNovo Edge so I don't have to type using this fuckin controller :P

snuff

Postby snuff » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:53 pm

Sweet got the PSP set up for remote play, fuck I love it when gadgets talk to each other lol.

Real mean being able to stream movies from home when out and about.

Andrew_TA

Postby Andrew_TA » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:13 am

so what does remote play do

what other cool things does psp/ps3 things do

The Real JeffJack.

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 am

it can fuck your mouth, since you got one that spins shit off, should come in good, go buy one.

Andrew_TA

Postby Andrew_TA » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:18 am

suck my cock Christian

snuff

Postby snuff » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:20 am

Remote play allows you to turn on your ps3 remotely and stream from it over the net/wifi

D/l'd ps1 titles can be played from ps3 on psp and some ps3 games have addons etc

Resistance is pretty cool, if you have both vers. your psp gets 'infected' from teh ingame virus and then allows a whole bunch of unlocks etc

http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/news/p ... 009364.php

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Anyone download the Mirrors Edge playable demo?
Took a little bit to get used to the controls but it looks like a lot of potential to 'combo' shit together. Should be mean, depending on length though it could be a weekend hire not a purchase.

Return to “Geek Forum”