Digsby

Random stuff about computers, freeware, coding, and all that...
Tacotistk
trendy hipster

Re: Digsby

Postby Tacotistk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:41 pm

I've just not had much luck with it I guess.
on a 2.3ghz core 2 duo w/ 4 gigs of ram - windows7 64bit (<- that's possibly the issue). nothing amazing, but not shit.

it's the only app that doesn't run as well as it should. like, just now I went to open a chat window. took about 5 seconds before I could type in it. So that's what I'm talking about with lag. it's not huge, but it's enough to be like "wtf, hurry up, you're just opening a chat window"

Andrew_TA

Postby Andrew_TA » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Tacotistk wrote:I've just not had much luck with it I guess.
on a 2.3ghz core 2 duo w/ 4 gigs of ram - windows7 64bit (<- that's possibly the issue). nothing amazing, but not shit.

it's the only app that doesn't run as well as it should. like, just now I went to open a chat window. took about 5 seconds before I could type in it. So that's what I'm talking about with lag. it's not huge, but it's enough to be like "wtf, hurry up, you're just opening a chat window"

I run less than that on 7 64bit.. and digsby works like a charm. buddly list/chat windows pop up quick

Tacotistk
trendy hipster

Postby Tacotistk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:59 pm

unlucky I spose. not the end of the world

Andrew_TA

Postby Andrew_TA » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:06 pm

I have it set up with gtalk, aim, wlm, fb chat, myspace chat + fb and myspace social networks.

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:11 pm

i only use FB and MSN so this joint is pretty redundant to me. i've got a FB tab open most fo the time and MSN runs fine in the background so meh. fukkit.
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Return to “Geek Forum”