Buy new zealand made. ?

Anti-corporate jive and suggested alternatives to help support local/small business.
cheese

Postby cheese » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:46 pm

Jayme wrote:QOLOR has some cool nz tee's

Image ImageImage ImageImage

ill pass thanks

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:27 pm

I'd never wear one, but it's funny how they take the piss out of NZ (I assume that's intentional)
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

cheese

Postby cheese » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:56 pm

i actually dont think they are...sadly :/

there was a whole range of nz pride type shirts at cheapskates a year or 2 ago. same deal i think

Momma kim

Postby Momma kim » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Quote: "was more wondering whether anyone thinks about the impact of buying california oranges, or chinese oranges, over nz ones. RC cola over phoenix, and stuff like that."

I didn't get oranges this week because they were from california-even at the otahuhu greengrocer!Forces you to eat seasonally which is better for you too. win win.

Just a note too, i was in trade aid the other day and saw a book-cannot remeber the title or author but it was a paper back about A5 size and had a sub title "my year trying to live ethically" or something like that-may be of interest?????
save our seabed!

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:09 pm

Does anyone else do farmer's Markets?
I really like the Dunedin one- I think most regions have them now- it means your fresh produce has come from a local source, is seasonal, and you are directly paying the grower. Heaps of organics, generally cheaper and better quality than the stupour market.

Momma kim

Postby Momma kim » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:09 pm

im pretty sure they have one saturday morn at britomart in auckland, and i know theres a really cool one out at clevedon where they make hungarian twisters (hollow heaven).
Taurnaga also has a good one at the primary school off one of the avenues
-eary mornings saturday are too often spent recovering though.
save our seabed!

Livestock

Postby Livestock » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Farmers markets are the shit.. nothing quite like buying directly from teh grower... and as far as 2 dollar and cheap import stores go.. just boycott them for places like savemart and recycled clothing stores the shit was still made in china but at leats its second hand and not adding more crap to the pile so to speak.. theres some pretty good stuff there. i got a sweet ramones shirt in good nick for 5 bux..

miss heart

Postby miss heart » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:43 pm

farmers markets are choice bro. And taking a drive around the outer auckland rural suburbs, - warkworth, omaha, matakana, road side stalls with honesty boxes are the best.

And out west there are heaps, yee haa
Life is not about the second chances, it's about a leettle mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land, that, my friend, is what life is.

Return to “Support Local Industries”