Make your own T-Shirts dudes

Anti-corporate jive and suggested alternatives to help support local/small business.
Sweet Tribals

Postby Sweet Tribals » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:33 pm

wow you're so smart, yet not.
Guess
so we can go and kick some Serbian pussy ass.

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:08 pm

that is true but that is not enlightening at all, right back atcha.

quantify, heirachy.

Something In Between

Postby Something In Between » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:36 pm

OP SHOP.

Just vist every opshop you go past, and get all the black shirts you can find. (ive found that theres heaps more girls tops...)

re: the 'if we didn't buy sweat shop, they woud starve' arguement -

if you you buy a $10 tshirt, most of it is going to the 'exploiters' anyway... you are paying them to go on exploitng.

If the workers don't get the 2cents or whatever from the tshirt you didn't buy, then they WILL get there food from somewhere else...

- think your not -buying tshirt = revolutionary behavior + workers starving = one step closer to revolution.

THe workers wont starve until LOTS of people aren't buying sweat tshirts - and when LOTS of people aren't buying sweat tshirts -> then its a revolution.
\ | /
- ? -
/ | \

Sweet Tribals

Postby Sweet Tribals » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:52 am

There were sweatshops making tee shirts you can buy now, in in 1850 or 1157? Antique
Guess
so we can go and kick some Serbian pussy ass.

dillon12

Postby dillon12 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:34 pm

just draw your band stencils on carboard and spray paint it on....only way to go.....don't wash it. pretty simple.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:30 pm

studdedbeltandblackjeans wrote:do you not understand? say if no one supported nike, it would eventually close down, and the sweatshop workers would be without ajob, meanign the $2 a day they get with which they survive by, would be gone, meanign THEY DIE!!! i am not sayign sweatshops are a good thing, but not buyign the multi corps clothes will not make it better. YES buying a cheaper warehouse sweatshop shirt is better at $3 than buying a rip curl/nike shirt for $80, but not buying them will nto fix anything. buying them will ALSO not fix anything, government intervention woudl fix it, but no governments do intervene. we studied this in geography this year at uni.

ahjahahahhahahahahahahha brilliant.

geography

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:47 pm

You're so fuckn defeatist- or maybe lazy (mutter mutter, youf of today, no fuckin initiative, in my day we had to screenprint on dinosaur hide, etc etc)

Make informed consumer choices-consumer choice is powerful- otherwise there wouldn't be Fairtrade coffee, tea, chocolate etc- Do you think companies like Nescafe and Starbucks are doing fairtrade lines out of the goodness of their squishy corporate hearts? Fuck No!!!
There are NZ made Tshirt companies out there- there's one in Temuka (Temuka tees I think). Or buy and print op shop shirts, then you are recycling AND not supporting sweatshop labour.
Uncinia vector

the croc

Postby the croc » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:32 pm

dustbinflowers wrote:You're so fuckn defeatist- or maybe lazy (mutter mutter, youf of today, no fuckin initiative, in my day we had to screenprint on dinosaur hide, etc etc)

Make informed consumer choices-consumer choice is powerful- otherwise there wouldn't be Fairtrade coffee, tea, chocolate etc- Do you think companies like Nescafe and Starbucks are doing fairtrade lines out of the goodness of their squishy corporate hearts? Fuck No!!!
There are NZ made Tshirt companies out there- there's one in Temuka (Temuka tees I think). Or buy and print op shop shirts, then you are recycling AND not supporting sweatshop labour.

HARD OUT

Something that struck me today was I was drying out a soymilk carton for another use on the bench and my flatmate came and chucked it in the bin. I asked what he was doing and he replied that it says on the pack that tetrapacks can only be recycled in Australia. I would rate him as a pretty aware guy and it just made me go whoah, there are waaaaaaay more ways of recycling than just putting empties in your blue bin every week.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:16 am

reduce

reuse

recycle

whey do people always focus on the last point when the first two are WAYYYY more beneficial.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

beef666
<3 tofu

Postby beef666 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:55 pm

By your powers combined

I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

NOIDEAWOTEVER

Postby NOIDEAWOTEVER » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:50 pm

chrisbucks wrote:I think cloud clothing stock NZ made (doesnt mean they're not sweat shop though). or some other wholesale tshirts stocker in Auckland. Avondale sportsware or something.

http://www.cloudclothing.co.nz/

Most of their stock in imported from China but they do some NZ made stuff although it's way more expensive.

Cloud used to actually make the clothes themselves until a few years ago when it became too expensive and they changed from manufacturing to importing and distribution only.

kitten

Postby kitten » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:43 pm

PertHJ wrote:reduce

reuse

recycle

whey do people always focus on the last point when the first two are WAYYYY more beneficial.

My next door neighbour at my old house wouldn't reuse anything. She just had this thing about it being unhygienic to wear clothes that used to belong to someone else. Also the amount of cheap, mass produced plastic crap she would buy her kids was phenomenal. It takes more effort for people to reduce and reuse than to chuck their empty bottles in the recycling bin every week.

Also, is there nothing that can be used as a mordant for spray paint?

Edit: I said "also" a lot :oops: (I know I'm a dork)
"To be truly radical is to make hope possible rather than despair convincing." Raymond Williams 1921-1989

yvon

Postby yvon » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Dammit. I had a little bet going with myself that it would have been Blair who revived this thread. Shame.
"All paid employment degrades the mind."

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:12 pm

i'm too busy actually doing to bump those who won't listen. 8)

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Re: Make your own T-Shirts dudes

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:49 pm

this is a pretty good thread, think we could get some more mileage out of it.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

buckton

Re: Make your own T-Shirts dudes

Postby buckton » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:17 am

someone should make some nothing at all shirts.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Support Local Industries”