fake pork ?

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:58 am

i tried some fake pork at an asian vegan restaurant in auckland, sunrise? something like that, just north of queen rd.
in anycase it was very good, does anyone here know if they make it themselves or is that stuff available somewhere for purchase for home cooking?

thanx
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
Mattsturbate
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Mattsturbate » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 am

you mean the stuff at golden age, opposite sky tower? had some of that last week it was fuckin nice! keen to know what it is too

User avatar
undercover
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:22 am
Location: underground

Re: fake pork ?

Postby undercover » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 am

interested - but wtf is it? like what's in it and shit?

User avatar
akaxo
Posts: 8518
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:28 am
Location: antichristchurch

Re: fake pork ?

Postby akaxo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 am

saw this in current affairs and thought i'd be getting a laugh at an article about someone dressing up as a cop but no.

what style chinese pork? the roast pork stuff with red bits on it or battered for sweet and sour? the stuff for sweet and sour is a piece of piss to make.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: fake pork ?

Postby hiv-positive » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:42 am

Probably that textured protein stuff or whatever it's called

Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:34 am

the roast pork style with the red bits around the edge.... i really thought i posted this in the vegan section, but it was 6am and id been up all night
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
akaxo
Posts: 8518
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:28 am
Location: antichristchurch

Re: fake pork ?

Postby akaxo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 am

there's some stuff that you can get in smallish blue cans in asian food places that has the look right for that stuff but the taste isn't right, tastes all good though. texture isn't quite right too but really does look the part.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:47 am

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:but it was 6am and id been up all night wanking



:baton:
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:52 am

akaxo wrote:there's some stuff that you can get in smallish blue cans in asian food places that has the look right for that stuff but the taste isn't right, tastes all good though. texture isn't quite right too but really does look the part.

nah taste is far far more important than looks, what it looks like barely matters at all, thanx tho
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:
akaxo wrote:there's some stuff that you can get in smallish blue cans in asian food places that has the look right for that stuff but the taste isn't right, tastes all good though. texture isn't quite right too but really does look the part.

nah taste is far far more important than looks, what it looks like barely matters at all, thanx tho


so, what if they serve you this fake port and its in exactly the same shape as your penis? doesnt matter to you?

:baton:
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:59 am

youre badly off form today chris, i want to buy the product so i can cook it, meaning il be serving it, unless thats what you meant, cos if i served that to myself i would be pretty disturbed cos its supposed to look like a fucking pork pie

Mattsturbate wrote:you mean the stuff at golden age, opposite sky tower? had some of that last week it was fuckin nice! keen to know what it is too

oh, and yup, this is the place, the staff asked me if the tattoo on my head was a chakra point lol
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:30 pm

but wait...

you said

nah taste is far far more important than looks, what it looks like barely matters at all, thanx tho


and i said

so, what if they serve you this fake port and its in exactly the same shape as your penis? doesnt matter to you?


so ..... ?


what im saying is if you got served it, or brought it and pulled it out of the packet, and it looked like your cock (but inside was fake pork) you wouldnt mind?
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm

chur, il see if i can suss those things out, hey jay, would you mind moving this to the vege section where chris cant find it?
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:chur, il see if i can suss those things out, hey jay, would you mind moving this to the vege section where chris cant find it?


im gonna go look in all the sub-forums i dont normally go in, see if there is anything good to talk about



hey your ignoring my question - looks like im right :baton:

Vegan Pork Shaped Like a Cock

would you or wouldnt you eat it
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Phil are you a vegan/vegatrian ?

everyday goes by i learn more and more about you :baton:
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Dead Kid
Posts: 5942
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Dead Kid » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Cosmo Kramer wrote:Vegan Pork Shaped Like a Cock

would you or wouldnt you eat it

I'd gobble it down. But would it taste as good as real cock?
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

User avatar
akaxo
Posts: 8518
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:28 am
Location: antichristchurch

Re: fake pork ?

Postby akaxo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 pm

someone needs to make cock shaped toasted bread things to dip in a cheese fondue
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Dead Kid wrote:
Cosmo Kramer wrote:Vegan Pork Shaped Like a Cock

would you or wouldnt you eat it

I'd gobble it down. But would it taste as good as real cock?


Image





haha gobble :baton:
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 pm

akaxo wrote:someone needs to make cock shaped toasted bread things to dip in a cheese fondue


Image
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:30 pm

no im not vegetarian i just like cooking vegan food, especially stuff that hasnt been done before, i guess its cos its so rewarding, vegans get so excited about not much when it comes to cooking.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:what im saying is if you got served it, or brought it and pulled it out of the packet, and it looked like your cock (but inside was fake pork) you wouldnt mind?
if i recognised it as looking like my own cock? id fellate it of course and post videos on the internet.
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 9886
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: LFH

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:no im not vegetarian i just like cooking vegan food, especially stuff that hasnt been done before, i guess its cos its so rewarding, vegans get so excited about not much when it comes to cooking.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:what im saying is if you got served it, or brought it and pulled it out of the packet, and it looked like your cock (but inside was fake pork) you wouldnt mind?
if i recognised it as looking like my own cock? id fellate it of course and post videos on the internet.



Surely fake pork has been done before? - your not breaking any ground there


ok - so you'd eat it if it looked like your cock

what about..... if it looked like other peoples cocks?
Image
Kramer Murphy and Associates

Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:47 pm

im not making the fake pork, im buying it you jabroni, i bet you havnt had a real pork pie, let alone a vegan one.

Image

in fact i bet youve never even heard of this classic english dish.
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
Dead Kid
Posts: 5942
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Dead Kid » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:45 pm

^Tried some thanks to my manager who's from England finding a place around here that makes the real stuff. Bit too salty for my liking though.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:41 pm

where is that?
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
Dead Kid
Posts: 5942
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Found out it was actually Goulds via Countdown, close enough to the real thing though he reckons: http://www.goulds.co.nz/bakery.html
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Fiction & Falsehood
Posts: 7506
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 am

Re: fake pork ?

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:53 pm

hmm sux im so broke or id go buy
Image
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

User avatar
9seconds
Posts: 1908
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: fake pork ?

Postby 9seconds » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:13 pm

this thread was funny, what ever happened to chris on punkas?

i never made a vegan pork pie, in fact my pork, pork pie was pretty abysmal actually.
Image
"Look how happy he is"


Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest