Burgers at Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
the infamousme nigga

Burgers at Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant

Postby the infamousme nigga » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:29 pm

The other day I had a meal at Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant on High st. Hadn't been there in a few years and I was stoked to see they had added burgers to their menu. I remember greasy deep fried vegetarian food being their jam years back, so putting that love between two buns makes sense to me.

Anyways.. I chose a "chicken" burger which was filled with a fairly generic yet decent salad (ie - more love than just tomato, lettuce and onion). This burger had some kind of mayonaise which was killer. Unfortunately, I don't think it was a dairy free mayo, so by definition the burger wasn't vegan. But the menu implied the other two burgers didn't have this mayonaise.. My guess is that the other burgers were vegan friendly, but don't take my word for it.

The best thing about this burger was size and price. The Burger was pretty chunk and for the price of $7 it mops the floor with places like Burger Fuel. It wasn't just a matter of quantity over quality either, because this was the best tasting burger I've had in yonks. If you've had food from this joint before, you'll know what your in for.. So like I said, if you are in the mood for some cruelty free greasy deep fried loving, crank a burger upon your next visit.

Hundoli/10

drunk and proud

Re: Burgers at Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant

Postby drunk and proud » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:30 am

chur for this review, I've been wanting to try these burgers for a while but my fear of dissapointment always overcomes....will definately hoon the vegan option next time in in.

speaking of sunflower...Why the FUCK are they always outta wontons???

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 am

drunk and proud wrote:speaking of sunflower...Why the FUCK are they always outta wontons???

They're dropping them from the menu in favour of more dumpling choices, apparently.

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:24 am

It's on High Street but yeah sounds about right.

drunk and proud

Postby drunk and proud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:30 am

matt youwin wrote:
drunk and proud wrote:speaking of sunflower...Why the FUCK are they always outta wontons???

They're dropping them from the menu in favour of more dumpling choices, apparently.

WTF.

Sunflowers dumplings are average as fuck and always stick together..but the wontons are amazing.

you beeter be fuckin kidding me

your shit

Postby your shit » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 pm

when the fuck is this place open evry time i go there its closed
fuck you and die.
ImageImageImage

drunk and proud

Postby drunk and proud » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:30 pm

I've only ever been on a Friday night. Place is closed during the weekend which SUCKS. Golden Age has dominated my vegan wonton needs

captain steinakin

Postby captain steinakin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:12 pm

the only downside to golden age is that it sorta feel's a little too healthy. part of sunflower's charm is that grease induced sick feeling that suddenly strikes as you leave the building.
Cowboy/Father/Mentor

NezumiNora

Postby NezumiNora » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 pm

The problem with Golden Age is the service - when we went there only one guy was in charge of taking all the orders and running all the food and so ours took waaaay to long. And then we were going to order dessert but he never came back to us. Plus the first 6 or 7 things I ordered from the menu they didn't make anymore. And the 24 hour supreme master channel is a bit weird. Ok so there's a few problems with Golden Age.
Sunflower was better when it was Vegetarian Cafe, open on weekends and abundant wontons!

Ben Fats
Party Girl

Postby Ben Fats » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:06 am

I had one delivered once and the bun was some kind of plastic toy, unless they have since upgraded to buns 2.0 would not repeat.
CHAINSMOKERS

drunk and proud

Postby drunk and proud » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 am

Golden Age healthy? FUCK NO, I leave in a grease induced coma of satisfaction everytime. They are in the middle of changing their menu at the moment, hence not the best selectin and why the menu is pointless. Its notexactly a "service" restaurant either...I just get up and order the shit outta that place and sit down...

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:36 pm

captain steinakin wrote:the only downside to golden age is that it sorta feel's a little too healthy

The fuck? Unless it's changed in the last 6 months that place is still a fucking grease ball. Cracked me up when they were having one of their free lunch things a while back and there were all these hippy dippy types...was talking to one of them about how I work across the road and they asked if I ate there all the time and I told them fuck no because it's unhealthy as shit, they proceeded to say they would eat there everyday if they could. fucksake.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

captain steinakin

Postby captain steinakin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:02 pm

PertHJ wrote:
captain steinakin wrote:the only downside to golden age is that it sorta feel's a little too healthy

The fuck? Unless it's changed in the last 6 months that place is still a fucking grease ball. Cracked me up when they were having one of their free lunch things a while back and there were all these hippy dippy types...was talking to one of them about how I work across the road and they asked if I ate there all the time and I told them fuck no because it's unhealthy as shit, they proceeded to say they would eat there everyday if they could. fucksake.

I didn't mean it was healthy by any stretch, was more just getting nostalgic for that special kind of greasy that only sunflower can deliver.
Cowboy/Father/Mentor

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:15 pm

greasy doesnt automatically mean unhealthy... i mean, not if youre active.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Its is pretty crack up that 'good for losing weight!' has become synonymous with 'healthy'.

captain steinakin

Postby captain steinakin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

thin is in
Cowboy/Father/Mentor

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:03 pm

im tryna gain weight, immediate goal 110
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

captain steinakin

Postby captain steinakin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:28 pm

meh, i'm about 75. don't seem to move much on either side these days.
Cowboy/Father/Mentor

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:49 pm

wish i had some scales actually

shenglu

Postby shenglu » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:37 pm

When we went there only one person responsible for all orders, and run all the food, so we spent waaaay long. Then we have to order dessert, but he never came back to us.

wassup rockers

Postby wassup rockers » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:45 pm

what a dik

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:43 pm

si, es bot.

im cranking dumplings from asian supermarket, bung a couple in with my soba noodles, yum as, bought some pastry too, gunna try making my own dumplings

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”