microwaves

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

microwaves

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:30 pm

http://www.organicconsumers.org/article ... e_6463.cfm

http://www.pyroenergen.com/articles/mic ... rients.htm

two verrrrrry biased articles, thought it might provoke some discussion, i certainly dont really use the microwave, i dont think its harmful, altho i also avoid being near it while its cooking, but i do think it unreasonably depletes vitamins more than cooking...

lets hear it.
Last edited by xSUSPECTx on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

the croc

Re: microwaves

Postby the croc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:06 pm

There's some apparently 'suppressed' Russian research from ages ago about the dangers of microwaves I read a while ago, no idea how legit it was.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 am

This is probably completely unhelpful, but I saw something the other day about how reheating your lunch at work or whatevs in cheap plastic containers is dodgy as fuck due something along the lines of the chemicals in them partially breaking down into your food.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:32 pm

yeh, that may have been in the anti-microwave article, or ive heard of it elsewhere, either way its apparently entirely true.

despite the anti-micro article being as biased as the pro-micro, i pretty much agree with it, fuck microwaves
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:48 pm

I think it was on some shitty house and garden or food show I saw when channel surfing the other day.

Apart from reheating when there is no other option, I never have any use for them. I can't think of a single thing you could cook in one that tastes good.

the croc

Postby the croc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:40 pm

The anti microwave 'research' seems to have been reproduced word for word on a large number of healthy eating/new age hippie websites. That being said I still prefer not to use microwaves.

You can see all the websites carrying the same article here: Google Search

I'm pretty sure microwaves have never been banned in Russia.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:57 pm

yeh its not trustworthy info at all, but when compared with the pro-microwave argument, its hard to not prefer it.
in fact if it wasnt for that japanese guys rant, id be more likely to dismiss the hippy claptrap.

so, it follows that those who use microwaves are dumbos. :)

the croc

Postby the croc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:10 pm

hiv-positive wrote:This is probably completely unhelpful, but I saw something the other day about how reheating your lunch at work or whatevs in cheap plastic containers is dodgy as fuck due something along the lines of the chemicals in them partially breaking down into your food.

Yup. Bisphenol-A is mother fucker.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmen ... e-47111702

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 am

Here is a Science fair project presented by a girl in a secondary school in Sussex . In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference, after the experiment which was repeated by her class mates a number of times and had the same result.

It has been known for some years that the problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about, it's how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it.

Microwaves don't work different ways on different substances. Whatever you put into the microwave suffers the same destructive process. Microwaves agitate the molecules to move faster and faster. This movement causes friction which denatures the original make-up of the substance. It results in destroyed vitamins, minerals, proteins and generates the new stuff called radiolytic compounds, things that are not found in nature.

So the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast. Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these 'Safe' appliances. What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed him when the blood went in dead. But the makers say it's safe. But proof is in the pictures of living plants dying!!!

:baton: obviously this is a peer reviewed scientific study :baton:
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am

Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

Agnes

Postby Agnes » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 pm

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwxm-9X7DZE[/video]

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”