On Tour-The best Vegan eatieries across NZ???

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
drunk and proud

On Tour-The best Vegan eatieries across NZ???

Postby drunk and proud » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:14 am

Not sure if this has been chucked up before but I'm too lazy to check...anyone who knows of little known Vegan gems across the country (especially the south island...)-SHARING is appreciated!

basically I'm trying to broaden my horizons. I usually just smash back loaf after loaf of bread along with pot after pot of hummus...maybe time for something new?

specific towns I'll be hitting in the south are:

Nelson, Dunedin, Queenstown and Wanaka.

CHUR.

akaxo

Re: On Tour-The best Vegan eatieries across NZ???

Postby akaxo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:30 am

if ya pass through chch check out welcome on riccarton rd. over 100 items on the menu, the vast majority of which are vegan, with just a few that have egg (basically just a few omelette dishes). everything is vege. the shitake and ginger soup is a great starter, good luck taking less than fifteen minutes deciding on a main ha. the hot plates are good though. if ya go with a few people just order a bunch of different stuff and have a free for all, it's all great.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Whitey

Postby Whitey » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:36 pm

$2 tofu burgers in welly ;)
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:03 am

highly overrated, white bun, yellow cabbage, greasy deep fried tofu.
it is correctly priced at least.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:40 am

yeah pretty gross, it has a potato fritter too right? I'm pretty sure the one I had did...was pretty shit/gross
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 am

whatever it was they may as well have just served up the scum from the deep fryer on a nutritionally neutral bun.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

drunk and proud

Postby drunk and proud » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:11 am

and yet last time 5th threat and dole day rage were in Welly we smashed back 29 of them...in one afternoon.

Lentil

Postby Lentil » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Yeah I'm a fan of the $2 tofu burger, they cool in there and they make our kids a plate of fried tofu each to go with their chips for cheap too. May be greasy but ok for every now and again! Kids consider it a treat to go to the Basin Noodle house :)

sinksinksink

Postby sinksinksink » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Probly not much help now but might be for someone else (my personal traveling favourites)
Dunedin: Cycadian Rhythem-cheap as but average as mainly vegan, just off the main street.
Christchurch: Hare Krishna ($5 lunches) and Soul food (vegan muffin and coffee combo and $5 lunches)on High st.
Wellington:Aunty Menas (Chinese Vegan), Midnight cafe (heaps of vegan options but pricey), Hare Krishna all on Cuba St. $2 tofu burgers at Basin Noodle House-Adelaide St (if you are in need of some cheap greaseyness).

buckton

Postby buckton » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Hot mamas in motueka has vege treats. Not sure about vegan though.

buckton

Postby buckton » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 pm

They got vegan as well.

[Tim]

Postby [Tim] » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:15 pm

sinksinksink wrote:Dunedin: Cycadian Rhythem-cheap as but average as mainly vegan, just off the main street.

Fuck off dude. That joint is mean not average.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:32 pm

sinksinksink wrote:Christchurch: ...Soul food (vegan muffin and coffee combo and $5 lunches)on High st.

they have some great vege and vegan food. a mate of my missus worked there, she was told by the owners to discourage her friends from going there because people with tattoos weren't the sort of clientele they wanted. so soul food can get fucked as far as i'm concerned. but would definately encourage people to go there, order bugger all and be loud and obnoxious and scare yuppies though

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 pm

I know what I'm doing next pay day.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

buckton

Postby buckton » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:37 am

no one can really deny you service unless of course you're covered in faecies or something though.
ImageImageImage

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Now there's an idea...
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:27 am

akaxo wrote:
sinksinksink wrote:Christchurch: ...Soul food (vegan muffin and coffee combo and $5 lunches)on High st.

they have some great vege and vegan food. a mate of my missus worked there, she was told by the owners to discourage her friends from going there because people with tattoos weren't the sort of clientele they wanted. so soul food can get fucked as far as i'm concerned. but would definately encourage people to go there, order bugger all and be loud and obnoxious and scare yuppies though

What planet are the fucking owners from?

Livestock

Postby Livestock » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:14 am

buckton wrote:no one can really deny you service unless of course you're covered in faecies or something though.

Yeah, they can. If you wanna buy something from any store, the owner can just say no, for no reason at all.

Sariputra

Postby Sariputra » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:16 am

Tea House

Where did the idea of the Tea House come from?
The meaning behind the teahouse comes from "repaying generously for a tiny amount of aid from others". It provides the opportunity to meet with friends. To show appreciation to the public, Fo Guang Shan Temple has a teahouse to provide devotees with a place to rest and relax after visiting. Currently, there are teahouses in every corner of the world where ever there is Fo Guang Shan Temple there is a teahouse for the convenience of devotees.

A perfect place to enjoy healthy vegetarian food and the simple pleasure of tea-drinking. An array of healthy vegetarian food, coffee and tea are served here daily from 10am to 4.30pm. Beautiful Buddhist art and gifts are also available for sale. Vegetarian food is ideal for cultivating Compassion.
You are doing good deeds unknowingly when you have lunch or even purchase the gifts here. Because what you pay for goes into the maintenance and building of the temple. On behalf of the Buddhist Order (IBT) and Buddha's Light International Association, we thank you for your support.
Opening Hours
10:00am to 4:00 pm
Closed on Monday (except Public Holidays)
Realise that mind cannot be satisfied but always seeks more, thus increasing unwholesomeness and wrong doings.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 pm

its kittenslayer

drunk and proud

Postby drunk and proud » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:24 am

Sariputra wrote:the simple pleasure of tea-drinking

Theres absolutely nothing simple about the pleasure I get from drinking tea.

Sariputra

Postby Sariputra » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:02 pm

drunk and proud wrote:
Sariputra wrote:the simple pleasure of tea-drinking

Theres absolutely nothing simple about the pleasure I get from drinking tea.

Bliss :D
Realise that mind cannot be satisfied but always seeks more, thus increasing unwholesomeness and wrong doings.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Kev Japan wrote:
akaxo wrote:

What planet are the fucking owners from?

i'm pretty sure it's the krishnas trying to be upmarket and keeping the plebs at their other place, so obviously they are fucking batshit insane and on another planet altogether

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Sariputra wrote:Bliss :D

shove ya retarded backward head in the sand buddhist bullshit up ya fucking arse and hopefully if ya in china some red army grunt will rape you in the arse so hard it comes spewing out ya mouth covered in the shit it is

Sariputra

Postby Sariputra » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 pm

akaxo wrote:
Sariputra wrote:Bliss :D

shove ya retarded backward head in the sand buddhist bullshit up ya fucking arse and hopefully if ya in china some red army grunt will rape you in the arse so hard it comes spewing out ya mouth covered in the shit it is

Why?

I apologise if I said something to upset you :(

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Livestock wrote:
buckton wrote:no one can really deny you service unless of course you're covered in faecies or something though.

Yeah, they can. If you wanna buy something from any store, the owner can just say no, for no reason at all.

Pretty sure that's not true, otherwise you wouldnt get big news stories about people kicking up a stink because they wouldnt let a guy wear a hat inside.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Sariputra wrote:Why?
xSUSPECTx wrote:its kittenslayer

drunk and proud

Postby drunk and proud » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:24 pm

someone had a bad experience with teabags once upon a time...

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 am

teabags raped my grandparents

Sariputra

Postby Sariputra » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:02 pm

akaxo wrote:

hmmm, just thought of something. Perhapes why this is the reason why they are worried about tattooed people visiting the store?
You feel you've been discriminated against, so you will behave in a disagreeable fashion. What does that prove? Tattooed people are indeed intolerant and obnoxious, only seeking to disrupt others for their own pleasure?

Ending discrimination by acting rude?

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”