Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
vampire lezbos

Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days

Postby vampire lezbos » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:22 am

Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days is an independent documentary film that chronicles six Americans with diabetes who switch to a diet consisting entirely of vegan, organic, uncooked food in order to reverse disease without pharmaceutical medication.

The six are challenged to give up meat, dairy, sugar, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, soda, junk food, fast food, processed food, packaged food, and even cooked food for 30 days. The film follows each participant’s remarkable journey and captures the medical, physical, and emotional transformations brought on by this radical diet and lifestyle change. We witness moments of struggle, support, and hope as what is revealed, with startling clarity, is that diet can reverse disease and change lives.

The film highlights each of the six before they begin the program and we first meet them in their home environment with their families. Each participant speaks candidly about their struggle to manage their diabetes and how it has affected every aspect of their life, from work to home to their relationships. (Excerpt from http://www.rawfor30days.com/themovie.html)

Additional wisdom is provided by Morgan Spurlock, Woody Harrelson, Anthony Robbins, Rev. Michael Beckwith, David Wolfe and Doctors Fred Bisci, Joel Fuhrman, Gary Null, and Gabriel Cousens.

Watch the full documentary now

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/simply-r ... n-30-days/

Today, Saturday November 14th, 2009 is World Diabetes Day,
a United Nations sanctioned event. This is a huge worldwide
event with one major flaw…

it is funded by over a dozen drug companies who have a strong
interest in seeing that information about reversing diabetes
through raw and living food is kept quiet.

http://blog.rawgenesis.com/2009/11/14/w ... -goes-raw/

vampire lezbos

Re: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days

Postby vampire lezbos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:15 am

heaps... :lol:

NUTRITION CURES

One of the simplest methods was used by the Danish doctor Kristine Nolfi. She cured her own cancer with a hundred percent organic and vegetarian raw-food diet, and then continued to cure cancer patients in the same way on her health farm. She lost her medical license for using 'dangerous' and unapproved methods but her fame nevertheless spread throughout Scandinavia. In New Zealand Dr Eva Hill did much the same thing to cure her own cancer, and to help many of her patients. (http://www.dnzb.govt.nz/DNZB/alt_essayB ... sayID=5H20)

Ann Wigmore pioneered and promoted wheat-grass juice after curing her own cancer with it, in combination with an organic vegetarian diet. Together with Victoras Kulvinskas she formed the Hippocrates Health Institute in Boston, and branches and health farms using wheat-grass juice quickly sprang up in many countries. It is more effective if a non-centrifugal juicer is used for making juices, or possibly just a mincer with the juice pressed by hand.

In South Africa, Johanna Brand, a naturopath, invented the now famous grape cure by curing herself of stomach cancer in the 1920's. For six weeks she ate nothing but grapes, black varieties are the best. Thousands of former cancer victims have testified as to the effectiveness of her method. Because it is now so difficult to obtain unsprayed grapes, commercially sprayed grapes have sometimes been used after thorough washing in warm soapy water and careful rinsing

The Breuss-Cure, which originated in Germany, also lasts for 6 weeks; a maximum of 500 ml of freshly pressed vegetable juices are used, mainly beetroot with some carrot, celery and radish. In addition herbal teas and onion broth are recommended. It too, is claimed to have cured thousands.

Hans Nieper, a respected German cancer therapist (recently deceased), used in addition to a good diet a wide range of supplements to inhibit tumor growth, activate the immune system, degrade the tumor with large-scale enzyme supplementation, and strengthen the liver and general metabolism. Nieper claimed a 50% survival rate of ‘terminal’ patients. If patients survive for 18 months on this program, their statistical life expectancy becomes about normal, unlike with chemotherapy where life expectancy continues to drop after 18 months.

Another German cancer therapist, Dr J Kuhl, used a diet high in lactic acid fermented foods with good results. Lactic acid produced by a tumor rotates light to the left and enhances tumor growth. Lactic acid produced by lactic acid bacteria, on the other hand, rotates light to the right and inhibits tumor growth.

Dr Johanna Budwig, also in Germany, found high-quality linseed/flax oil combined with ‘quark’ and a mainly vegetarian raw-food diet most effective. Quark is the German word for cottage cheese, but made from lactic acid fermented raw skim milk as used by Budwig. This provides not only the beneficial fermentation products, but also a high amount of sulfur-amino acids. These are mainly cysteine and methionine, which together with the polyunsaturated fatty acids in linseed/flax oil can quickly restore the oxidative energy production in and around tumors, and cause them to regress.

The Bristol Cancer Help Centre in England, formerly under the direction of Dr Alec Forbes, offers a wide-ranging holistic program similar to the Mexican clinics. This includes a vegetarian diet of largely raw foods, supplemented by specific vitamins, minerals, enzymes, ginseng and liver herbs, in addition to colonic cleansing, visualization, biofeedback, relaxation, meditation and spiritual healing.

Dr Maud Fere, in New Zealand, claimed success with a much more limited program that had helped her to cure her own bowel cancer. She advocated a good vegetarian diet, but her main emphasis, similar to Max Gerson's, was that there must be no salt in it. She also found it beneficial to use diluted hydrochloric acid, diluted phosphoric acid, ammonium chloride, and tincture of iodine.

Earlier Are Waerland became famous for a successful diet that consisted of sour milk and similar products, whole grains raw or only partly cooked, as well as fruits and vegetables. There are still many active Waerland groups in Germany and Scandinavia. Bircher-Benner advocated a similar lacto-vegetarian raw-food diet. He invented the by now famous but greatly deteriorated muesli. The macrobiotic diet based on cooked brown rice and only a minimum of raw food is very different from all the other anti-cancer diets. It has a mild cleansing action and some cancer victims claim to have been cured with a strict macrobiotic diet.

From 1951 Dr A. Ferenczi in Hungary used large amounts of beetroot successfully for tumor regression, up to 1 kg daily have been used. The active ingredient is the purple coloring containing anthocyanin. It is now also available as a freeze-dried powder.

The Gerson Therapy

Best known is probably the Gerson therapy. Born in Germany, Dr Max Gerson immigrated to the US in 1938. His diet consists mainly of fresh, preferably organic, fruit and vegetables. He stressed a high potassium content that is more in the skins or outer part of root vegetables than in the centers. Sodium, on the other hand, was to be severely restricted - the diet was completely without added salt, but with added potassium salts instead.

In addition, Gerson prescribed hydrochloric acid with pepsin, pancreatin, and high doses of Lugol's solution for iodine together with freeze-dried thyroid, niacin, Royal Jelly and injections of vitamin B12 with crude liver. In addition, raw liver juice was used for its high content of enzymes. Later, with increasing chemicalization of agriculture, the liver juice was omitted while linseed/flax oil was belatedly added to the list of supplements.

Liver detoxification with frequent coffee enemas was another cornerstone of the Gerson Therapy; otherwise patients with advanced cancer might die despite disappearing tumors. Gerson treated hundreds of so-called terminal cases of which about 50 % recovered.

Dr Issels used the Gerson therapy successfully in Germany. In addition, he realized the harmful influence of dead or infected teeth and mercury amalgam fillings on the outcome of cancer therapy. Therefore, his patients had to have all unhealthy teeth removed at the beginning of the treatment.

The Kelly approach

Dr W. D. Kelly, an American dentist, was given only one month to live with multiple tumors of the liver, pancreas and other organs. He cured himself with a vegetarian raw-food diet with the addition of various supplements, but especially with high doses of pancreatin. Pancreas enzymes are very effective in destroying tumors and sometimes even too effective. Kelly, like Gerson and other holistic cancer therapists, saw the greatest danger in a too rapid destruction of the tumor that can kill the patient with poisons generated by the disintegrating tumor proteins. He recommended daily Epsom salts purges during the critical period and, if required, also coffee enemas.

After helping thousands of patients by supplying individualized information to the patient's doctor, he believes that cancer can usually be cured if there is at least one month, but preferably three months, of life expectancy when starting the program.

As a simple, but somewhat expensive self-test for the early detection of cancer before tumors can be found clinically, he recommends taking six to eight pancreatin tablets after each meal for four weeks. If you feel worse after these four weeks with nausea, headaches or fatigue, there is likely to be a cancerous condition. If you feel better instead, brighter and with more energy, the condition is pre-cancerous. If there is no difference there is probably no early cancer, but there may already be a clinically detectable malignant tumor present.

Kelley has an extensive documentation with 10,000 medically verified diagnoses. In one study all his cases of pancreas cancer were investigated. With conventional treatment there were virtually no survivors after 5 years. He had 22 cases on record. Of these, 10 never started the treatment and survived for 67 days. 7 followed it partially and survived an average of 233 days, while the 5 who followed the Kelley treatment completely all recovered completely.

Aajonus Vonderplanitz, in California, claims great success in overcoming advanced cancer with a raw-food diet that includes raw (organic) meat, see his book We Want to Live (1997).
http://www.alternativehealth.co.nz/cancer/diversity.htm

Dr. Lorraine Day developed severe advanced cancer and almost died - which became her supreme motivating factor for finding out how to get well. She recovered by natural methods, without chemotherapy, radiation or mutilating surgery. In the process of her research, she discovered that there are known causes for virtually every disease, even though this is never taught to doctors in medical school.
http://www.drday.com/

kettles

Postby kettles » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 am

your posts are way too long to be fucked reading them. not trying to be a dick, I probably agree with you in a lot of ways

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:48 pm

So why do horses still get cancer?
Uncinia vector

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Thats horse cancer seera, to reverse cancer in horses they have to eat a diet of only well done steaks and hard boiled eggs.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:06 pm

which horses? wild or 'tamed'? eating what? treated/sprayed grass/hay/grain? or non treated wild organic grass/grain? quality of the soil, food source was grown in? eating man-made processed treats? white sugar cubes? drinking chlorinated/fluoridated tap water or drinking from an unpolluted, pure source such as a spring? been vaccinated or not? other medications? living next to a pollution source or not?

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:14 pm

Most animals that live a natural life dont really get cancer, because cancer for the most part is an old persons disease like alzheimers, heart disease and arthritus. Humans were never meant to live this long, and its only through modern science that we're able to.

I think its fine if people want to eat raw foods because they think it will make them healthier and better able to fight disease, but its a bit dodgy when people tell them it will cure them and they can ignore all other treatment.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:00 pm

i disagree that cancer is an 'old persons' disease, as well as alzheimers, heart disease or arthritis. i think all are 'mostly' related to toxemia/toxic overload of the body, predominately coming through the food we eat, air we breathe and through our skin. and now EMF is playing a part as well. as the world gets more polluted, we see younger and younger people coming down with these 'old peoples' diseases.
i also disbelieve the dogma which says humans aren't supposed to live this long. on the contrary, seems like our quality of life is depleting earlier and earlier.
it also seems that most mammals live to approximately 8-10 times their maturation age. we(and our domesticated pets) live to approximately 4.

a buddy of mine, who is a trucker in the states, reversed his diabetes, colon cancer, obesity, psoriasis and pending renal failure(in one kidney), solely on raw foods and juices.

there are 14 videos of him on youtube chronicling this. and there are tens of thousands more just like him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ip-VkRgHkM

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:08 pm

If that were the case, early humans would have been living for 80-100 years because the levels of toxins would have been far less for them.

Aidan

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:44 pm

without opening up another 'can of worms', lets stick with homo sapiens. i've seen enough to make me think we have lived better quality lives in the past, as well as equal or greater quantity of years.
bottom line is that no one should believe any of this. just try it out for themselves and see how they feel.

BanalityDUFF

Postby BanalityDUFF » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:16 pm

sticking with homo sapiens, then, what exactly was the average age of a person say between the years 0000 to 1850? because i'm going go throw a wild stick out there and say it wasn't 80-100, heck, i'd even lower that stick and say it wasn't 50-70.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 pm

if you believe teh bible methuselah lived to be like 500 or some shit

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Adam was 900 or some shit.

Basically you are talking rubbish VL, and there is a lot of scientific evidence to back it up. If I have to ill find some, and maybe you can find some scientific studies showing that raw foods cure cancer.

Aidan

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 pm

not really concerned with average ages of the general population, as told to me by 'who knows who', as i am with people or communities that lived seemingly healthy lifestyles. so within that rough time frame, the essenes were a long lived, and healthy bunch of droogs. they also were raw food vegetarians and seemed to have mostly lived over 100 years, with many pushing the 120 mark. then there were the Nazoreans, the Manichaeans, Jains, Mandaeans, etc.

aidan...you're science and my science are 2 seperate entities. i do my own research and come to my own conclusions. you seem to parrot the dominant paradigm, clueless to the financial and political biases of the information you are repeating.
and you forget buckaroo, i have real life evidence behind me, i.e. i've proven it to myself.

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Am J Clin Nutr. 1995 Dec;62(6):1221-7.
Antioxidant status in long-term adherents to a strict uncooked vegan diet.

Rauma AL, Törrönen R, Hänninen O, Verhagen H, Mykkänen H.

Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio, Finland.

Antioxidant status was investigated in 20 Finnish middle-aged female vegans and in one male vegan who were following a strict, uncooked vegan diet ("living food diet"), by means of a dietary survey and biochemical measurements (blood concentrations of vitamins C and E and beta-carotene, and the activities of the zinc/copper-dependent superoxide dismutase and selenium-dependent glutathione peroxidase). Values were compared with those of omnivores matched for sex, age, social status, and residence. Antioxidant supplementation was used by 4 of 20 female vegans and by 11 of 20 control subjects. Based on dietary records, the vegans had significantly higher intakes of beta-carotene, vitamin E, vitamin C, and copper, and a significantly lower intake of selenium than the omnivorous control subjects. The calculated dietary antioxidant intakes by the vegans, expressed as percentages of the US recommended dietary allowances, were as follows: 305% of vitamin C, 247% of vitamin A, 313% of vitamin E, 92% of zinc, 120% of copper, and 49% of selenium. Compared with the omnivores, the vegans had significantly higher blood concentrations of beta-carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin E, as well as higher erythrocyte superoxide dismutase activity. These differences were also seen in pairs who were using no antioxidant supplements. The present data indicate that the "living food diet" provides significantly more dietary antioxidants than does the cooked, omnivorous diet, and that the long-term adherents to this diet have a better antioxidant status than do omnivorous control subjects.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7491 ... t=Abstract

BMC Complement Altern Med. 2001;1:7. Epub 2001 Sep 26.
Fibromyalgia syndrome improved using a mostly raw vegetarian diet: an observational study.

Donaldson MS, Speight N, Loomis S.

Hallelujah Acres Foundation, Shelby, NC, USA. michael@hacres.com

BACKGROUND: Fibromyalgia engulfs patients in a downward, reinforcing cycle of unrestorative sleep, chronic pain, fatigue, inactivity, and depression. In this study we tested whether a mostly raw vegetarian diet would significantly improve fibromyalgia symptoms. METHODS: Thirty people participated in a dietary intervention using a mostly raw, pure vegetarian diet. The diet consisted of raw fruits, salads, carrot juice, tubers, grain products, nuts, seeds, and a dehydrated barley grass juice product. Outcomes measured were dietary intake, the fibromyalgia impact questionnaire (FIQ), SF-36 health survey, a quality of life survey (QOLS), and physical performance measurements. RESULTS: Twenty-six subjects returned dietary surveys at 2 months; 20 subjects returned surveys at the beginning, end, and at either 2 or 4 months of intervention; 3 subjects were lost to follow-up. The mean FIQ score (n = 20) was reduced 46% from 51 to 28. Seven of the 8 SF-36 subscales, bodily pain being the exception, showed significant improvement (n = 20, all P for trend < 0.01). The QOLS, scaled from 0 to 7, rose from 3.9 initially to 4.9 at 7 months (n = 20, P for trend 0.000001). Significant improvements (n = 18, P < 0.03, paired t-test) were seen in shoulder pain at rest and after motion, abduction range of motion of shoulder, flexibility, chair test, and 6-minute walk. 19 of 30 subjects were classified as responders, with significant improvement on all measured outcomes, compared to no improvement among non-responders. At 7 months responders' SF-36 scores for all scales except bodily pain were no longer statistically different from norms for women ages 45-54. CONCLUSION: This dietary intervention shows that many fibromyalgia subjects can be helped by a mostly raw vegetarian diet.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1160 ... t=Abstract

Scand J Rheumatol. 2000;29(5):308-13.
Vegan diet alleviates fibromyalgia symptoms.

Kaartinen K, Lammi K, Hypen M, Nenonen M, Hanninen O, Rauma AL.

Department of Physiology, University of Kuopio, Finland. hietanen.kaartinen@pp.inet.fi

The effect of a strict, low-salt, uncooked vegan diet rich in lactobacteria on symptoms in 18 fibromyalgia patients during and after a 3-month intervention period in an open, non-randomized controlled study was evaluated. As control 15 patients continued their omnivorous diet. The groups did not differ significantly from each other in the beginning of the study in any other parameters except in pain and urine sodium. The results revealed significant improvements in Visual analogue scale of pain (VAS) (p=0.005), joint stiffness (p=0.001), quality of sleep (p=0.0001), Health assessment questionnaire (HAQ) (p=0.031), General health questionnaire (GHQ) (p=0.021), and a rheumatologist's own questionnaire (p=0.038). The majority of patients were overweight to some extent at the beginning of the study and shifting to a vegan food caused a significant reduction in body mass index (BMI) (p=0.0001). Total serum cholesterol showed a statistically significant lowering (p=0.003). Urine sodium dropped to 1/3 of the beginning values (p=0.0001) indicating good diet compliance. It can be concluded that vegan diet had beneficial effects on fibromyalgia symptoms at least in the short run.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1109 ... t=Abstract

Br J Rheumatol. 1998 Mar;37(3):274-81.
Uncooked, lactobacilli-rich, vegan food and rheumatoid arthritis.

Nenonen MT, Helve TA, Rauma AL, Hänninen OO.

Department of Physiology, University of Kuopio, Finland.

We tested the effects of an uncooked vegan diet, rich in lactobacilli, in rheumatoid patients randomized into diet and control groups. The intervention group experienced subjective relief of rheumatic symptoms during intervention. A return to an omnivorous diet aggravated symptoms. Half of the patients experienced adverse effects (nausea, diarrhoea) during the diet and stopped the experiment prematurely. Indicators of rheumatic disease activity did not differ statistically between groups. The positive subjective effect experienced by the patients was not discernible in the more objective measures of disease activity (Health Assessment Questionnaire, duration of morning stiffness, pain at rest and pain on movement). However, a composite index showed a higher number of patients with 3-5 improved disease activity measures in the intervention group. Stepwise regression analysis associated a decrease in the disease activity (measured as change in the Disease Activity Score, DAS) with lactobacilli-rich and chlorophyll-rich drinks, increase in fibre intake, and no need for gold, methotrexate or steroid medication (R2=0.48, P=0.02). The results showed that an uncooked vegan diet, rich in lactobacilli, decreased subjective symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Large amounts of living lactobacilli consumed daily may also have positive effects on objective measures of rheumatoid arthritis.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9566 ... t=Abstract

Br J Rheumatol. 1997 Jan;36(1):64-8.
Faecal microbial flora and disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis during a vegan diet.

Peltonen R, Nenonen M, Helve T, Hänninen O, Toivanen P, Eerola E.

Department of Medicine, Turku University Central Hospital, Finland.

To clarify the role of the faecal flora in the diet-induced decrease of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) activity, 43 RA patients were randomized into two groups: the test group to receive living food, a form of uncooked vegan diet rich in lactobacilli, and the control group to continue their ordinary omnivorous diets. Based on clinical assessments before, during and after the intervention period, a disease improvement index was constructed for each patient. According to the index, patients were assigned either to a group with a high improvement index (HI) or to a group with a low improvement index (LO). Stool samples collected from each patient before the intervention and at 1 month were analysed by direct stool sample gas-liquid chromatography of bacterial cellular fatty acids. This method has proved to be a simple and sensitive way to detect changes and differences in the faecal microbial flora between individual stool samples or groups of them. A significant, diet-induced change in the faecal flora (P = 0.001) was observed in the test group, but not in the control group. Further, in the test group, a significant (P = 0.001) difference was detected between the HI and LO categories at 1 month, but not in the pre-test samples. We conclude that a vegan diet changes the faecal microbial flora in RA patients, and changes in the faecal flora are associated with improvement in RA activity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9117 ... t=Abstract

J Nutr. 1992 Apr;122(4):924-30.
Shifting from a conventional diet to an uncooked vegan diet reversibly alters fecal hydrolytic activities in humans.

Ling WH, Hänninen O.

We studied the effect on fecal hydrolytic activities of adopting an uncooked extreme vegan diet and readopting a conventional diet. Eighteen subjects were randomly divided into test and control groups. In the test group subjects adopted the uncooked extreme vegan diet for 1 mo and then resumed a conventional diet for a second month. Controls consumed a conventional diet throughout the study. Phenol and p-cresol concentrations in serum and daily output in urine and fecal enzyme activities were measured. The activity of fecal urease significantly decreased (by 66%) as did cholylglycine hydrolase (55%), beta-glucuronidase (33%) and beta-glucosidase (40%) within 1 wk of beginning the vegan diet. The new level remained throughout the period of consuming this diet. Phenol and p-cresol concentrations in serum and daily outputs in urine significantly declined. The fecal enzyme activities returned to normal values within 2 wk of resuming the conventional diet. Concentrations of phenol and p-cresol in serum and daily output in urine had returned to normal after 1 mo of consuming the conventional diet. No changes were observed in the control group during the study. Results suggest that this uncooked extreme vegan diet causes a decrease in bacterial enzymes and certain toxic products that have been implicated in colon cancer risk.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1552 ... t=Abstract

Appetite. 1992 Dec;19(3):243-54.
Effects of eating an uncooked vegetable diet for 1 week.

Hänninen O, Nenonen M, Ling WH, Li DS, Sihvonen L.

Biochemical and metabolic indicators were monitored in a group of volunteers suffering from a variety of chronic illnesses participating in a week's course on a special uncooked vegetable diet, known as "living food". Unmatched healthy controls ate the same diet cooked for 2 min in a microwave oven. After 1 week on the regimen, serum protein and urea contents decreased and alanine aminotransferase (ALAT) activity increased in both groups, although all within the normal range. Blood glucose increased in both groups to slightly above normal limits but total serum cholesterol dropped about 1 mmol/l from normal starting levels. Serum tocopherol and retinol increased only in the group eating the uncooked diet. In both groups urinary sodium dropped drastically without a significant change in potassium. Serum and urinary phenol and p-cresol diminished also significantly. It is concluded that this vegetable diet may be of some benefit in the short term but any longer-term use requires evaluation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1482 ... t=Abstract

Hum Exp Toxicol. 1996 Oct;15(10):821-5.
Effect of a vegan diet on biomarkers of chemoprevention in females.

Verhagen H, Rauma AL, Törrönen R, de Vogel N, Bruijntjes-Rozier GC, Drevo MA, Bogaards JJ, Mykkänen H.

TNO Nutrition and Food Research Institute, Zeist, The Netherlands.

1. In order to study the potential beneficial effects of a vegan diet, a cross-sectional study was performed and several biomarkers of chemoprevention were measured in a population of female 'living food' eaters ('vegans'; n = 20) vs matched omnivorous controls (n = 20). 2. White blood cells obtained from fresh blood samples were subjected to the single-cell gel-electrophoresis assay. There was no statistically significant difference between the vegans and controls in the parameters 'tail length' and 'tail moment'. However, the 'tail moment' was significantly lower in a subset of the vegans (i.e.in those who did not use any vitamin and/or mineral supplements). 3. Fresh blood samples were exposed in vitro to the mutagen mitomycin C just prior to culturing. After culturing the number of binucleated lymphocytes with micronuclei was scored. There was no difference between the controls and vegans in the incidence of baseline micronuclei, nor in the number of mitomycin C-induced micronuclei. However, a significant correlation (r = -0.64, P < 0.01) between the number of mitomycin C-induced micronuclei and the activity of erythrocyte superoxide dismutase was found in the vegans. The number of baseline micronuclei increased with age in both groups. These findings may be of biological relevance. 4. The content of glutathione-S-transferase-alpha in plasma was not different between the vegans (n = 12) and controls (n = 12). 5. The present data indicate a few differences in biomarkers of chemopreventive potential in strict vegans vs matched omnivorous controls. The significance of these changes as biologically relevant indicators of beneficial effects of vegan diets in humans needs to be determined in studies with a larger number of subjects.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8906 ... t=Abstract

Acta Physiol Hung. 1999;86(3-4):171-80.
Vegan diet in physiological health promotion.

Hänninen O, Rauma AL, Kaartinen K, Nenonen M.

We have performed a number of studies including dietary interventions and cross-sectional studies on subjects consuming uncooked vegan food called living food (LF) and clarified the changes in several parameters related to health risk factors. LF consists of germinated seeds, cereals, sprouts, vegetables, fruits, berries and nuts. Some items are fermented and contain a lot of lactobacilli. The diet is rich in fiber. It has very little sodium, and it contains no cholesterol. Food items like berries and wheat grass juice are rich in antioxidants such as carotenoids and flavonoids. The subjects eating living food show increased levels of carotenoids and vitamins C and E and lowered cholesterol concentration in their sera. Urinary excretion of sodium is only a fraction of the omnivorous controls. Also urinary output of phenol and p-cresol is lowered as are several fecal enzyme levels which are considered harmful. The rheumatoid arthritis patients eating the LF diet reported amelioration of their pain, swelling of joints and morning stiffness which all got worse after finishing LF diet. The composite indices of objective measures showed also improvement of the rheumatoid arthritis patients during the intervention. The fibromyalgic subjects eating LF lost weight compared to their omnivorous controls. The results on their joint stiffness and pain (visual analogue scale), on their quality of sleep, on health assessment questionnaire and on general health questionnaire all improved. It appears that the adoption of vegan diet exemplified by the living food leads to a lessening of several health risk factors to cardiovascular diseases and cancer. Rheumatoid patients subjectively benefited from the vegan diet which was also seen in serum parameters and fecal analyses.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1094 ... t=Abstract

Fortschr Med. 1990 Jun 10;108(17):338-40.
[Raw food and immunity]

[Article in German]

Gaisbauer M, Langosch A.

Klinik in der Stanggass, Berchtesgaden.

Uncooked food is an integral component of human nutrition, and is a necessary precondition for an intact immune system. Its therapeutic effect is complex, and a variety of influences of raw food and its constituents on the immune system have been documented. Such effects include antibiotic, antiallergic, tumor-protective, immunomodulatory, and anti-inflammatory actions. In view of this, uncooked food can be seen as a useful adjunct to drugs in the treatment of allergic, rheumatic and infectious diseases.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2198 ... t=Abstract

Science Proves the Benefits of the Raw Food Diet - Part 1

http://rogerhaeske.com/?page_id=324

In 1930, under the direction of Dr. Paul Kouchakoff, research was conducted at the Institute of Clinical Chemistry in Lausanne, Switzerland. The effect of food (cooked and processed versus raw and natural) on the immune system was tested and documented. Dr. Kouchakoff's discovery concerned the leukocytes, the white blood cells. It was found that after a person eats cooked food, his/her blood responds immediately by increasing the number of white blood cells. This is a well-known phenomenon called 'digestive leukocytosis', in which there is a rise in the number of leukocytes - white blood cells - after eating. Since digestive leukocytosis was always observed after a meal, it was considered to be a normal physiological response to eating. No one knew why the number of white blood cells would rise after eating. This appeared to be a stress response, as if the body was somehow reacting to something harmful such as infection, exposure to toxic chemicals or trauma.

Dr Kouchakoff’s researchers made a remarkable discovery. They found that eating raw, unaltered food did not cause a reaction in the blood. In addition, they found that if a food had been heated beyond a certain temperature that was unique to each food or if the food was processed this caused a rise in the number of white cells in the blood. The researchers renamed this reaction 'pathological leukocytosis'. They tested many different types of foods and found that if the foods were not refined or overheated, they caused no reaction. The body saw living foods as 'friendly foods'.
http://www.livefoodeducation.com/index. ... &Itemid=20

In 1916, Louis Maillard proved that cooking creates an endless chain of toxic molecules now called “Maillard molecules.”
Cooking foods above 118 F not only destroys the enzymes and other nutrients, but also creates chemical chaos which people will never be able to adapt to because of the unpredictability of the chemicals. This explains why people who eat a large percentage of their diet as raw foods are more youthful, energetic, and healthy.
What happens to the macronutrients in cooked food? Carbohydrates, proteins and fats are known as macronutrients. All are greatly denatured by heat, becoming toxic to us.
Cooked carbohydrates are alarmingly toxic. In the spring of 2002, Swedish officials were so alarmed by recent research findings that they decided to inform the public immediately rather than wait for them to be published in a scientific journal. Shortly afterwards, the World Health Organization held a three-week emergency meeting to evaluate the Swedish scientists’ recent discovery. They learned that starchy foods, such as potato chips, french fries, baked potatoes, biscuits and bread, contain very high levels of acrylamides, chemicals that have been shown to cause genetic mutations leading to a range of cancers in rats.

Acrylamides are 1,000 times more dangerous than the majority of cancer-causing agents found in food. They have been found to cause benign and malignant stomach tumors, as well as damage to the central and peripheral nervous system. The US Environmental Protection Agency considers acrylamides so dangerous that it has fixed the safe level for human consumption of them at nearly zero, allowing for very little in public water systems. Yet the amounts found in an ordinary bag of potato chips is 500 times the amounts allowed in a single glass of water by the World Health Organization.

At one time, there was a law in force in California requiring potato chip manufacturers to put cancer warnings on their packages! Most did not comply with the law. There were also supposed to be cancer warning labels on the food most ordered at American restaurants: french fries! Would parents who fed their children fries and chips have been charged with child abuse?
http://healthnewsdigest.com/news/Guest_ ... nter.shtml

Research by Dr. Brekhman of the former Soviet Union illustrates a foundational truth – when he gave whole, live foods to animals, their endurance was 2-3 times greater than if he gave them the same foods after they had been cooked. From a traditional nutritional perspective there should not be a difference since cooked and raw foods have the same amount of calories and therefore the same amount of energy. Brekhman's results can be explained, however, if we understand the effect of cooking on the whole food. Thorough cooking destroys the ecological balance of the food. It makes 50% of the protein unavailable, destroys 60-70% of the vitamins, up to 96% of the B12, and 100% of phytonutrients such as: gibberellins, anthrocyans, nobelitin, and tangeretin which boost the immune system and other body functions. Cooking foods also disrupts the bioelectrical structure, the bioelectricity transfer power, and the bioluminescence. All of these factors are important for building and maintaining our life force energy and health.

The famous European physician, Dr. Bircher-Brenner, who started the first modern live food clinic in 1897, felt that eating raw foods was a way of restoring the diseased body and the mind's ability to heal itself. Many healers have gotten fantastic results using living foods with their clients. One of the most famous was Dr. Gerson who healed Dr. Albert Schweitzer of diabetes and Schweitzer's wife of TB. Dr. Gerson healed hundreds of documented cancer cases with live foods and published a book about it in 1958 called A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases. Dr. Szekeley saw over 133,000 clients at his live food clinic in Mexico over a 30 year period from 1940-1970. With the use of live foods he healed 90% of his patients, of which 17% were considered incurables. Later came Ann Wigmore and her clinics, and then the next generation including the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center which has made the next step by using live foods not only for healing of physical disease, but as a way to actively enhance spiritual life.

Cooking destroys enzymes in live foods. Enzyme reserve seems to be connected to life force, health, and longevity. Enzymes are living biochemical factors that activate and carry out all the biological processes in the body such as digestion, nerve impulses, detoxification processes, functioning of RNA/DNA, repair and healing of the body, and even the functioning of the mind. There are natural enzymes in raw food, which minimize the enzymes that need to be secreted by the body for digestion. The body's enzymes can then be converted and be used for the process of detoxification, repair, and overall healing. The preservation of our enzymes by eating live foods seems to play an important role in slowing the aging process. With age there seems to be a significant drop in enzyme reserve.

Cooking our food may also change the molecular structure of its components and consequently impair our health. For example, researchers found that Eskimos eating about two pounds of raw blubber a day had no heart disease or atherosclerosis. When this same community of Eskimos began eating the same amount of cooked blubber, they developed high rates of heart disease and atherosclerosis. Other researchers have since found that cooking fats changes their molecular structure in a way that disrupts cell structure and impairs cellular function.
http://www.treeoflife.nu/support-tools/ ... ing-foods/

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 pm

VL, why do most Australian Aboriginal men only have a life expectancy in the mid 50s? Even those who still live much as they have for the last 50,000 years?

Why do people in a poorly developed country such as Zambia have an average life expectancy of 39 years while Japan, a highly developed country have the world's highest average life expectancy of 82 years?

i also disbelieve the dogma which says humans aren't supposed to live this long. on the contrary, seems like our quality of life is depleting earlier and earlier.

Length of life and quality of life are two very different thinks. Length of life is a discrete number while quality of life is completely subjective depending on what criteria you choose.

it also seems that most mammals live to approximately 8-10 times their maturation age. we(and our domesticated pets) live to approximately 4.

You do realise that humans are starting to reach puberty earlier and earlier? With some girls reaching puberty as young as eight? And this isn't due to a healthier population but most probably due to the huge amount of hormones from birth control pills as well as other medications that are found in our drinking water and food. And that humans living 8-10 times their maturation age as hitting puberty at eight isn't particularly desirable?
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:37 pm

croc,
which australian aboriginal men only live into their mid 50's? the ones who cook their food? the ones who drink or smoke? the ones who eat more meat and less fish? the ones who have been vaccinated, who drink 'polluted' water? what is the integrity of their food source? how long are they in the sun for? how close are they to other pollution sources? mining runoff? depleted uranium? do they take pharmaceuticals?

ditto with the zambians.

japans life expectancy(both quantity and quality) is going down thanks to their ever increasing adoption of the SAD diet. prior to this though, how did their diets contrast with the zambians or the australian aborigines? were they 'more vegetarian' and did they traditionally eat more raw food? how do their lifestyles compare?

and yes, you are right to a degree...quantity and quality are different. but an outcome of good quality is increased quantity, typically.

i do realize though, that thanks to the ever increasing hormones in the food supply, including the xenoestrogens in plastics, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, parabens, detergents, carpets, tap water, paneling, furniture, solvents, bleach, spermicides, teflon, waste incinerators, and the like, that these are making humans hit puberty earlier, as well as sick. this is artificial though, and not good or natural. when i mentioned maturation age, i was talking about inherent, naturally occurring maturation.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 pm

you could be an interesting person to talk to vamp, but some of the stuff you take for granted is a bit knotty to say the least.

whats a 'xenoestrogen' when its at home?

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:02 am

hey suspect, thanks. ditto.
the stuff i seem to take for granted though is just where my research has taken me thus far and i realize that it is in no way the 'end of the road', i.e. i reserve the right to change my mind when something better comes along.
is the xenoestrogen question a joke? cause i love good jokes! :D
or are you asking what xenoestrogens are in the home?

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:06 am

You call what you do research?

Cute.

Aidan

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 pm

you call your assumptions objective and scientific?

cuter.

VL

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:51 pm

cute, a tag team! :P

i believe that i was the one who furnished the studies on the efficacy of raw food. still haven't seen your mans studies to the contrary??

i want to believe, i want to believe!! :lol:

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:01 am

I'd argue that info. Alot of women (in developed regions) first menstruate in their early teens (I'm going to call that sexual maturity for the sake of keeping it simple, because most mammals are counted as mature then). Many people in developed regions live into their 70s and 80s. That's well beyond four times maturation. Most wild animals never reach maturation, let alone live four times their maturation age.
Uncinia vector

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Hes also failing to mention that humans develop very slowly compared with most mammals because we are born so undeveloped compared to most mammals, due to our large head etc.

Aidan

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:09 pm

in a natural environment, humans 'typically' reach sexual maturity at 'approximately' 15 years of age, while reaching 'full maturity' at roughly 18-20, or so. this is obviously devoid of the stats reflecting the fairly recent introduction of xenoestrogens into our food supply and other. approximately 4, or perhaps more accurately 4-5, does reflect the average general lifespan of humans on earth, at this time. it would be much greater if we lived in a natural setting again, and were eating all raw...again.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Whats the oldest a raw food eater has ever lived to?

Aidan

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:24 pm

even with all the contention, i still believe these guys to be some of the top contenders:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Chung_Yun
http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Li_Ching-Y ... _Ching-Yun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_ ... of_Desmond

here's a list of oldies, which i'm guessing haven't got the rubber stamp from guinness, either. many of them raw foodists, and many under eaters, which seems to be a biggie.

http://www.naturallybalancedhealth.com/longevity.ivnu
http://www.custance.org/old/seed/ch3s.html

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”