Rice Sauce

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
The Real JeffJack.

Rice Sauce

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:49 pm

So I am doing the whole 4-6 meals a day buzz, but my rice I kinda am over soy, I am not big on the flavouring that comes with my Tuna and Chop Chop, so I am after some pretty good taste with it, but not keen on the bottled shit that has half a bag of 1kg sugar, max carbs.

Whats something to flavour the rice with (Brown) and is not really heavy in taste, but is deece.

Vegans know?!

Oh I am cooking my rice in mixed herbs at moment.

pattymayonnaise
süße titten

Re: Rice Sauce

Postby pattymayonnaise » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:57 pm

Cook the rice with some vege stock.
If you like garlic chuck a peeled clove in when you cook it too.

Lemon-herb sauce is real good with brown rice. Google for recipe variations.

The Real JeffJack.

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:58 pm

Damn did'nt think of the vege stock, thats decent. I was thinking more of a sauce to help the texture of Chop'Chop and Tuna to slide down a bit easier, shit is pretty dry if you get it in Brine or Spring Water really.

Fuck sick of eatting a whole medium size can of Tuna on my breaks, fucking end up chewing the last mouthful for like 5 minutes....

pattymayonnaise
süße titten

Postby pattymayonnaise » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Sour cream and mushroom sauce would do the trick for the meat, not sure about the sea kittens though.

Edit - Tomato and chili for the tuna for sure.

cobrascuntcharmer

Postby cobrascuntcharmer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:09 pm

look up a recipe for kedgeree it has rice, fish and hard boiled eggs. tradtionally your meant to use smoked fish but tuna would be all good

ruff

Postby ruff » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Christian mix up your Tuna with some Salmon. Alternate days between each one to keep things different.

Salmon has just as much Protein as Tuna but a lot less Mercury (like one 1/4 compared to Tuna) and alot more Omega-3, tastes better to.

People point out that Sodium levels are quite high, though this is the same with Tuna but aslong as you're drinking alot of water it's nothing to worry about.

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”