buying food for non vege/vegans

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:11 pm

/// wrote:Yeah, you really got this all wrong. Good job.

I'm not actually trying to 'make a difference' with the people here. Honestly, I'm realistic and I know that getting some of the users here to give up meat would be like trying to get blood out of a stone. I'm aware that the majority of the people who post on here are fully grown adults who can make their own decisions, which they have a right to.

I don't think that people who support factory farming, animal testing etc are ignorant. Most of the time they're aware of what they're doing. I do, however, think they're fucking selfish.

Why should I consider the reception that I'll get here? Please, tell me. Do you want me to sugar-coat everything for you? Because if there's a certain approach that you think I should take to state my true opinions on things then you can forget it. My opinions are pretty reasonable. I'm not one of those people who'd place an animal's life before a human one or anything like that.

You honestly can't compare me to a bible-bashing Christian trying to get people to 'accept Jesus in their hearts'. I am, however, very defensive, and I can't help but think a few of the users on here are aware of this and play on it. When have I tried to force others to become vegans? I state my opinion, just like everyone else here states theirs. We're entitiled to.

Fine, you don't think us meat-eaters are ignorant. My point, if you'll choose to read it this time, is that you got the wrong end of the stick as to what FC - and to a lesser extent myself - was saying. Nor did I blatantly assume anything about your true attitudes towards non-vegans, hence my preface:
as far as i can tell from your internet persona's postings

kinda hard to get something "all wrong" when presenting my own opinion, don't you think? I just put forward a translation of the message Aidan and I struggled to communicate to you over the last 3-4 pages.

and
/// wrote:When have I tried to force others to become vegans?

Did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth and I won't put words in yours. Deal?

Well whaddya know? Looks like I'm defensive too.
dream comfort memory despair

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:09 pm

From what I can see, posting in the vegan section just makes you gay, no matter who you are.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:46 pm

giving someone(friend or random begger) money with provisos is kind of like those charities or aid organisations that give drought/ war/ insert crisis here-ridden countries aid with provisos, ie:
here's some ge seed, but you have to buy this fertiliser off us for 12 years, oh, and let us occupy your country.
Or: here's some food aid, but you have to take these bibles and give us your souls.

In lending or giving a friend (or stranger) money (because they are in need) you are respecting their life and right to self-determination. If you have a problem with it, buy food for them (ie, stuff you'd eat, and know they'll eat, even if they'd rather get kfc) and offer it to them, rather than give them money.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:40 pm

^^^^ :!:
thats what I meant, put intelligently.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

ruff

Postby ruff » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:24 pm

ghetto ninja wrote:^^^^ :!:
thats what I meant, put intelligently.

best use of the quote button ever.

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:01 am

Shut up /// you look stupid.

And also shut up all the dumb cunts who think its wrong for a vegan not to fund their friends animal consumption.

I aint gonna buy my friends meat, pretty fucking simple - veganism aint a dietry choice for me, I love the taste of meat.. its about how I contribute to industries I feel are just plain immoral.

It's nothing to do with 'my personal diet or preferences' or any of that crap that Aidan or Sicinius might try to dumb it down to, it IS something that I'd gladly impose on others on those frew occasions that I have that power (ie, I'm cooking for them/giving them money) and fuck it - I aint even gonna try (or succeed) in converting anyone, but I aint gonna spend my money on killing shit either.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:10 am

What a stink cunt.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

///

Postby /// » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:02 am

Dick Dynamite wrote:And also shut up all the dumb cunts who think its wrong for a vegan not to fund their friends animal consumption.

I aint gonna buy my friends meat, pretty fucking simple - veganism aint a dietry choice for me, I love the taste of meat.. its about how I contribute to industries I feel are just plain immoral.

It's nothing to do with 'my personal diet or preferences' or any of that crap that Aidan or Sicinius might try to dumb it down to, it IS something that I'd gladly impose on others on those frew occasions that I have that power (ie, I'm cooking for them/giving them money) and fuck it - I aint even gonna try (or succeed) in converting anyone, but I aint gonna spend my money on killing shit either.

Well said.

Dick Dynamite wrote:Shut up /// you look stupid.

FC wrote:What a stink cunt.

Andrew_TA

Postby Andrew_TA » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:36 am

/// did keep up a good fucking effort though. about 20 posts saying the same thing.

anthony

Postby anthony » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:28 am

Aidan
the only stink cunt here is yourself,with a chip on your shoulder

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:33 am

anthony wrote:

Aidan

Hopefully one cooked in delicious, nutricious rendered beef fat.

Cavale
hot mustard

Postby Cavale » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:35 am

is this still going?
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:39 am

anthony wrote:

Aidan

vegans killed his pet brocolli when he was a lad, leave him alone. don't aggravate his pain and let the healing take place in its own time.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:40 am

Yeah, but it stopped being fun or worthwhile ages ago.

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:42 am

yeah, i think everyone's come to a mutual conclusion, just no-one's really that keen on admitting it..

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:51 am

anthony wrote:

Aidan

ARTISTS DEPICTION

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

///

Postby /// » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:09 pm

Andrew_TA wrote:/// did keep up a good fucking effort though. about 20 posts saying the same thing.

Pretty much 'cause no one was understanding what I was saying properly. Hence why I had to keep saying that I was getting sick of repeating myself.

But yeah, fuck all y'all. 8)

niXon

Postby niXon » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:14 pm

/// wrote:
Andrew_TA wrote:/// did keep up a good fucking effort though. about 20 posts saying the same thing.

Pretty much 'cause no one was understanding what I was saying properly. Hence why I had to keep saying that I was getting sick of repeating myself.

But yeah, fuck all y'all. 8)

Have a steak, will make you feel better.

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:05 pm

Cos I'mma tell you like Aidan told me
Meat rules everything around me
Eat a motherfucking steak yall(motherfucking steak yall)
Eat a motherfucking steak yall(motherfucking steak yall)

nails

Postby nails » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:32 am

this turned into arealy shit thread
youre all balls

Sicinius

Re: ..

Postby Sicinius » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:21 pm

nails wrote:this turned into arealy shit thread
youre all balls

Holiday Menthol.

Postby Holiday Menthol. » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:36 pm

Prince of Cats - PunkAs Royalty.

yossarian wrote:widdily widdily widdily widdily widdily widdily woooooooooooooooooooo

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”