Mcd's Chips

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
E Z B

Mcd's Chips

Postby E Z B » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:49 am

Are they precooked in animal fat >
Just wondering if they are vegan....

yvon

Postby yvon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:08 am

They are not vegan because they contain dead skin, hand-sweat crystals, faeces from underneath fingernails and probably piss, saliva and other goodies. And the blood of slave monkeys of course.

Well, you did ask for it.
"All paid employment degrades the mind."

loucke = shit

Postby loucke = shit » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:53 am

I am not sure if supporting a company like mcdonalds could be vegan no matter what u were buying, buying from a company is supporting it, so you would be supporting some pretty dodgy animal treatment shopping there.

I thought vegans were meant to have a conscience. aint that the point to it?
Drop out of school, and get a drug habit.

BanalityDUFF

Postby BanalityDUFF » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:09 am

loucke = shit wrote:I thought vegans were meant to have a conscience. aint that the point to it?

yeah.

i guess it could be a, can i eat them at 3am when nothings open and im drunk and hungry? kind of question. :wink:

BOOT GIRL

Postby BOOT GIRL » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:01 pm

no one here is challenging your meat eating,most of the vegans ive met have been chubby or healthy and lean,not scrawny and weak as your suggesting,if my only option to eat at 3am was mCshit,id rather go without

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:43 pm

what about BK?
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:23 pm

haha come on, you just answered a question with immortal technique lyrics...

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:27 pm

And the lyrics completely fit the argument.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

cirE

Postby cirE » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:27 pm

thought there's a difference between vegan and vegetarian
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:53 pm

FC wrote:And the lyrics completely fit the argument.

Aidan

spose

veganism is a dietry choice 'cos immortal techniques said so'

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:56 pm

No, its a dietry choice because its a dietry choice, just like any other dietry choice. If you want to accompany it with a belief in animal rights or whatever else, that is entirely your business and you shouldnt expect the world to conform to your way of thinking.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:00 pm

Explain how not wearing leather is a dietary choice please.

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:10 pm

ooooh he showed you guys.
step up to get yo' rep up

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:18 pm

matt youwin wrote:Explain how not wearing leather is a dietary choice please.

Depends on your definition of veganism I suppose. I am sure that it wouldnt be hard to find a vegan punk wearing some sort of animal product, and I imagine theyd be pretty pissed if you started telling them they arent a proper vegan anymore.

Aidan

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:20 pm

For sure. That's basically my point, that 'veganism' means different things to different people, and you can't just lump it into the 'dietary choice' pile.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:21 pm

Well you can. I would argue that not wearing leather may tie in with veganism, but it doesnt define it. Veganism is a dietry choice first and foremost. Noone is going to argue about whether it means you can eat an egg, or drink milk and still be vegan, but the question of clothing will inevitably arise.

Aidan

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Well I disagree.

Your last comment confuses me. I'm sure there would be people on both sides of the fence that would argue either way. To me, eating a free range egg from a hen who has lived a good life would be 'better' than purchasing a leather jacket for which a cow died for, and probably 'more vegan'.

I guess it boils down to whatever the 'definition' of Veganism is. Luckily for most it's more of a name for a lifestyle than a cult with rules passed down from the top.

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:37 pm

If you want a 'definition':

Wikipedia wrote:Veganism (also strict or pure vegetarianism) is a philosophy and lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animal derived products for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Vegans do not use or consume animal products of any kind. The most popular reasons for becoming a vegan are ethical commitment or moral convictions concerning animal rights, the environment, or human health, and spiritual or religious concerns. Of particular concern are the practices involved in factory farming and animal testing, and the intensive use of land and other resources required for animal farming.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:38 pm

veg·an /ˈvɛdʒən; especially Brit. ˈvigən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vej-uhn; especially Brit. vee-guhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
a vegetarian who omits all animal products from the diet.

Aidan

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:42 pm

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Aidan

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:54 pm

hahaha

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:57 pm

Oh yeah

PS: Mcdonalds fries are awesome.

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:00 pm

with ketchup right?

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:07 pm

Thats amazing.

Aidan

loucke = shit

Postby loucke = shit » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:40 pm

vegetarianism shouldnt be considered revolutionary, it is simply some asshole who doesn't like the taste of meat. of course, that is a given. I still stand by my comment from years ago "vegetarians are assholes"

quote from the same page aidan picked his meaning of the word vegan from,
"coined by Donald Watson to distinguish those who abstain from all animal products (eggs, cheese, etc.) from those who merely refuse to eat the animals."

vegans don't consume animal products. its not a dietary choice, its a lifestyle choice, many things in ones life are affected by being vegan, not just dinner. the reason for going vegetarian is completely different to why you would go vegan, they arent even remotely similar things.

I try to avoid products that cause animal suffering/death, that includes human and non human animals. I dont know if many vegans would wear another humans knee caps for a hat if it were fashionable and the mob were going around shooting up the streets farming kneecaps. but I am sure they would. just like they all have to have their favourite chuck taylors and other associated "punk" shoes, made with the blood and sweat of chinese workers. but "punk" is more important than vegan as a lifestyle choice of course.

for me, I went vegan because I gave a fuck about this world. so veganism was the thing that I could do to lessen my impact on the world, and telling people about it was what I could try to do to further my impact for the good of the planet and the life on it. I try to do what I think is best for the world, I don't know for sure, but I try. you can hassle me and attack me all you want, but I dont care, I try,

most people on punkas make me want to drive a hummer and eat a fucking big mac. it's sickening that you dont care,

loucke = shit

Postby loucke = shit » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:45 pm

oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention

FUCK YOU

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:01 pm

What a dick.

Whitey

Postby Whitey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:36 pm

i think what Louke said is highly commendable.
I do disagree with this part though..

loucke = shit wrote:vegetarianism shouldnt be considered revolutionary, it is simply some asshole who doesn't like the taste of meat. of course, that is a given. I still stand by my comment from years ago "vegetarians are assholes"

As mentioned earlier, each person does it for their own choice. I for one, love the taste of meat, just hate the idea of where it comes from.
I don't proclaim to be a saint, just believe what I'm doing is a contribution to the world, regardless of how tiny it maybe.
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:27 pm

. wrote:first of all being a vegetarian should
never be associated with being
a revolutionary or being open-minded.
that's a dietary choice.

Veganism is not a mere dietary choice. If it was, vegans would wear leather etc. Veganism is, as much as anything else, an ethical statement.

FC wrote:Well you can. I would argue that not wearing leather may tie in with veganism, but it doesnt define it. Veganism is a dietry choice first and foremost. Noone is going to argue about whether it means you can eat an egg, or drink milk and still be vegan, but the question of clothing will inevitably arise.

According to the Vegan Society and its founder, Donalds Watson, who coined the word, it means someone who abstains from using animal products (not just eating them) for ethical reasons.

Q What is a vegan?
A A vegan is someone who tries to avoid - as far as is possible and practical - all forms of exploitation of animals for food, clothing or any other purpose. This is for the benefit of people, animals and the environment. Vegan eat a plant-based diet free from all animal products, such as meat, animal milks, eggs, honey and gelatine. They also avoid animal products like leather, wool and silk for clothing or other purposes.

http://www.vegansociety.com/phpws/index ... w&FAQ_id=1

EDIT: Loucke's last post was excellent.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”