Vegan products

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:11 pm

listens to spazz, well done john.

BOOT GIRL

Postby BOOT GIRL » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:15 pm

john dimery wrote:If you're implying that I'm 'surrendering', or giving in/up, you're a fucking joke man. This is the internet for fuck's sake. You can't 'win'. Stop getting a stiffy over your small 'victories' and go to sleep, old man.

LOL

dimery

Postby dimery » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Future Shock wrote:listens to spazz, well done john.

Try and make some sense for once, I don't see where Spazz come into play here. Relearn English, do us all a favor.

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 pm

stop.

slaughter
C.U.N.T.

Postby slaughter » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:04 pm

ginasaur wrote:Today I bought a bottle of vitamilk chocolate soy milk from an asian supermarket (one of those 300ml bottles which you have to open with a bottle top opener)...and I started drinking it and looked at the label. It actually pimps itself out as having "0.1% real milk powder!"
WTF
What is the point, I mean really...

the point being that soy is used just like a very normal ingredient by a lot of asian people. its not just some hippie vegan thing.

people should check out pack'nsave for vegan goodies. this indian brand Parlee or something make these awesome 'molded' chocolate chip cookies.

Dairy on hobson st by sky city (with the kebab shop out front) sell them as well as the spud stacks chips in small or large sizes.

also from foodtown the mock cream buns and the raspberry and jam buns. you can pretty much always get the frys range from the dominion road foodtown too. fruit runts and chocolate covered coffee beans from the bulk section.

went to the deli in Petone the other day that i was told sold vegan cheese called 'Mini Chol'. turns out its not vegan. however people from wellington should check out this shop. it thinks its called Entrays. its on Fitzhurbert street.
they offer you a coffee as soon as you enter the shop. they sell some amazing olives there.
ImageImageImageImageImage
dclxvi wrote:i recently bought myself a bottle of canadian club, now i have a hole in a door to fix, and a broken lock to replace

///

Postby /// » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:26 pm

slaughter wrote:people should check out pack'nsave for vegan goodies. this indian brand Parlee or something make these awesome 'molded' chocolate chip cookies.

Sounds alright. Found in the biscuit area I assume?

yvon

Postby yvon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:09 am

Gnawsea wrote:
slaughter wrote:people should check out pack'nsave for vegan goodies. this indian brand Parlee or something make these awesome 'molded' chocolate chip cookies.

Sounds alright. Found in the biscuit area I assume?

If they are the ones I'm thinking of, the little tiny square ones, they are in the international foods section (or whatever it's called).
"All paid employment degrades the mind."

Any Day Now

Postby Any Day Now » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:24 pm

http://www.vegankarma.com/servlet/StoreFront

just found this site, looks kinda cool. all prices in US so a little expensive, but the XE rate is so good at the mo...... I like all the makeup :)

I'm experimenting making my own products at the moment, now that ive almost quit smoking again and starting excercising and eating properly im all into looking after my skin and stuff.

Rose Facial Moisturizer

Ingredients:
3 drops rose essential oil
100 ml of grapeseed oil
15-20 drops of carrot oil
dark glass container, with dropper

Add carrot and rose oil to grapeseed oil in container and shake well. Is very effective as a daily non-greasy moisturizer.

haircare:
http://www.giovannihaircare.co.nz/

haiku terror shades

Postby haiku terror shades » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:36 pm

Any Day Now wrote:haircare:

aagh! - I started using the 50/50 balanced shampoo after i had a terrible reaction to a lush shampoo bar (FYI they are almost entirely solid Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, oh how i learnt to read the labels the hard way) and it was great for awhile but now even that is making my scalp unhappy :(

slaughter
C.U.N.T.

Postby slaughter » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:01 pm

international section. small purple pack.
dclxvi wrote:i recently bought myself a bottle of canadian club, now i have a hole in a door to fix, and a broken lock to replace

Holiday Menthol.

Postby Holiday Menthol. » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:23 pm

I wouldn't trust Nat when it comes to hair products. Word on the street is he uses a mixture of dilipatory cream, animal semen and olive oil to maintain his mane. No joke.
Prince of Cats - PunkAs Royalty.

yossarian wrote:widdily widdily widdily widdily widdily widdily woooooooooooooooooooo

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Real Ultimate Shades wrote:
Any Day Now wrote:haircare:

aagh! - I started using the 50/50 balanced shampoo after i had a terrible reaction to a lush shampoo bar (FYI they are almost entirely solid Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, oh how i learnt to read the labels the hard way) and it was great for awhile but now even that is making my scalp unhappy :(

omg no offence but are you just retarded?

haiku terror shades

Postby haiku terror shades » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:30 pm

slaughter
C.U.N.T.

Postby slaughter » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:18 am

Pheezin'. wrote:I wouldn't trust Nat when it comes to hair products. Word on the street is he uses a mixture of dilipatory cream, animal semen and olive oil to maintain his mane. No joke.

its true!

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:22 pm

Real Ultimate Shades wrote:Image

fuck i already wrote a reply to this but it aint here

why would you use shampoo if you get a bad reaction?

its just fancy soap.

haiku terror shades

Postby haiku terror shades » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:14 pm

ID Fraud wrote:
Real Ultimate Shades wrote:Image

fuck i already wrote a reply to this but it aint here

why would you use shampoo if you get a bad reaction?

its just fancy soap.

ok let me reiterate the whole paragraph for your personal reading recovery efforts.

i was recommened a 'natural' product - it said it was "VEGAN" in big green letters so i didn't bother to read the ingredients because i wrongly assumed it was a 'fancy' (ph balanced castile) soap and tried it ONCE according to the directions and got chemical burns (it burned, blistered and scabbed) on my scalp so i took it back complained and got a refund.

- now my scalp has healed but is way sensitive, i still have to wash my hair so i am using the gentlist shampoo i can find (giovanni 50/50) - can anyone recommend a gentler shampoo or some kind of scalp treatment that isn't going to make my hair extremely oily?

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:21 pm

so yeh.. you still think you need shampoo when you plainly dont... i doubt you could adequately explain why this is

haiku terror shades

Postby haiku terror shades » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:34 pm

because if I wash my hair without any surfactant I would end up with an oily mess with big chunks of scalp floating in it and other skin problems like back pimples.

and I don't do bald.

recommend product or bog off.

///

Postby /// » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Gnawsea wrote:Innoxa is really good for skin care and cosmetics. Free of animal-derived ingredients and not tested on animals.

So I decided not to rely soley on their 'not tested on animals' and 'free of animal-derived ingredients' labels and have a read of their actual ingredient list.

So far I've found:
Glycerin (not sure if it's animal derived or not, though)
Beeswax
Lanolin wax
Carmine (crushed insects used for colouring purposes)
Horsetail extract (what the hell?)

And this is just the shit I have knowledge of without having to look up definitions..

What the fuck.

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:57 pm

Real Ultimate Shades wrote: bog off.

:lol:

urrrgh lanolin is awful. not only is it creepy [the oil from sheeps wool? ew]
but is also harsh as fuck on skin and lots of people are allergic to it

///

Postby /// » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:04 pm

phaedrus wrote:
Gnawsea wrote:Horsetail extract (what the hell?)

And this is just the shit I have knowledge of without having to look up definitions..

What the fuck.

your knowledge include the fact that horsetail is a herb? ;)

:oops: Hahaha, my bad. I honestly was perplexed as to why they'd use horse tail hair in lip gloss..

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:11 pm

this is the time to mention my confusion with tiger balm but i dont want to go into details.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:38 pm

Real Ultimate Shades wrote:because if I wash my hair without any surfactant I would end up with an oily mess with big chunks of scalp floating in it and other skin problems like back pimples.

and I don't do bald.

recommend product or bog off.

so are you allergic to water too?

yvon

Postby yvon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:22 pm

Hey Wax, quit being a dick.
If you have oily hair, the water method isn't going to cut it.

Shades, have you tried the eco-store range?

This is what's in the Manuka and sandalwood anti-dandruff shampoo:

water, Lauryl-glucoside(from glucose), derivatives from palm and coconut oil-Loefin Sulphonate, Laureth-2, Polyol Coconut fatty acid Ester, Sodium Hydroxymethyl Glycinate(from natural amino acid), citric acid, certified organic cider vinegar, highest quality essential oils of manuka, cedarwood atlas, sandalwood, amyris and lemon.

Anything nasty in there? Their catch phrase is "no nasty chemicals" so there shouldn't be. I've found it to be pretty mild, almost too mild for me since I don't like to wash my hair too often. I have a little bit of the vanilla shampoo (dry/damaged hair) you can have if you want to try it out without forking out the cash?

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:29 pm

i have incredibly oily hair.. i just use soap

yvon

Postby yvon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:32 pm

noflood wrote:i have incredibly oily hair.. i just use soap

How long is your hair? I thought it was really short?

the croc

Postby the croc » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:09 pm

I was at the chemist the other day and found this company. Haven't tried it myself but it looks like it has some good products. Pretty reasonably priced too.

Natural Instinct skin care products are a natural range of skin care products made from natural vegetable based oils and organic herbs. In fact what makes our products stand out is what we don't put into our products:

* NO Sodium Lauryl Sulphate
* NO Petroleum By-products
* NO Artificial Fragrances
* NO Artificial Colours
* NO Harsh Detergents
* NO Animal Derivatives
* NO Harsh harmful chemicals

Instead we use plant derived ingredients like natural vegetable derived oils and organic herbs.
http://www.naturalinstinct.com.au/

Natural Instinct Cleaning Products

1. Natural Instinct Dishwashing Liquid 1 L
100% biodegradable. Cleans your dishes while protecting your hands from harsh detergents and chemicals

2. Natural Instinct Dishwashing Machine Powder 1kg
Keep your dishes and cutlery sparkling clean while protecting yourself and the envionment from harsh chemicals.

3. Natural Instinct Floor Cleaner 1 Litre
This is a natural based floor cleaner that is 100% biodegradable and does not harm the enviroment. Keep harsh chemicals and detergents out of your home.

4. Natural Instinct Laundry Liquid 1 Litre
This laundry liquid removes dirt leaving your clothes smelling fresh and looking clean without leaving harsh chemical residue on your clothing as its all natural. Top loaders only

5. Natural Instinct Laundry Powder 1kg
This laundry powder removes dirt leaving your clothes smelling fresh and looking clean without leaving harsh chemical residue on your clothing as its all natural. Can be used in front and top loaders.

6. Natural Instinct Multi Purpose Cleaner 500ml
Use multi purpose cleaner anywhere you need to wipe off dirt. Great for kitchen surfaces safe and natural to use.

7. Natural Instinct Multi Purpose Cleaner Refill 500m
Use multi purpose cleaner anywhere you need to wipe off dirt. Great for kitchen surfaces safe and natural to use.

8. Natural Instinct Pre Wash Stain Remover 1kg
Use to soak for tough stains before washing or for that extra boost add some Pre-Wash into your machine.

http://www.naturallyorganic.co.nz/shop/ ... p?&cat=229

Natural Instinct Hair & Skin Care

1. Natural Instinct Body Lotion 250ml
Body lotion has been formulated to nourish, soften and add moisture to your skin. Once you start using this product you wonÕt want to stop

2. Natural Instinct Body Wash 1litre With Pump
Handy family size bottle with pump. Made from the finest plant based ingredients without the use of petroleum by products, animal fats and artificial colours and fragrances.

3. Natural Instinct Body Wash 250ml
Made from the finest plant based ingredients without the use of petroleum by products, animal fats and artificial colours and fragrances.

4. Natural Instinct Body Wash 500ml
Made from the finest plant based ingredients without the use of petroleum by products, animal fats and artificial colours and fragrances.

5. Natural Instinct Conditioner 1litre With Pump
Handy family size with a pump. This conditioner uses organic herbs and natural plant proteins to nourish your hair and leaves it soft and manageable. With Jojoba, Avocado oils and lavender pure essential oil.

6. Natural Instinct Conditioner 500ml
This conditioner uses organic herbs and natural plant proteins to nourish your hair and leaves it soft and manageable. With Jojoba, Avocado oils and lavender pure essential oil.

7. Natural Instinct Cream Facial Cleanser 125ml
Perfect for dry or sensitive skin as its mild and soothing as it gently cleanses your skin. Its rich and creamy which leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.

8. Natural Instinct Facial Moisteriser 125ml
A rich, non greasy cream which binds moisture to your skin while nourishing with a blend of certified organic herbs.

9. Natural Instinct Facial Scrub 125ml
Wisk away dead skin cells with this facial scrub. Cleanses the skin as it exfoliates dead skin leaving it smooth and clean. Removes oils and impurities and unclogs pores leaving a healthy looking complexion.

10. Natural Instinct Foaming Facial Cleanser 125ml
Keep your face looking clean and fresh with natural plant extracts without harsh chemicals or animal fats.

11. Natural Instinct Hand Cream 125ml
Keep your hands soft and smooth - specifically formulated to penetrate the skin fast without leaving your skin greasy. Perfect for people who use their hands a lot for work.

12. Natural Instinct Hand Wash 250ml With Pump
Cleanses your hands while nourishing them with the goodness of certified organic herbs and oils. 100% plant based ingredients

13. Natural Instinct Hand Wash Refill 1 Litre
A handy 1 Litre Refill bottle for the 250ml pump size hand wash or your own soap dispenser. Cleanses your hands while nourishing them with the goodness of certified organic herbs and oils. 100% plant based ingredients

14. Natural Instinct Natural Conditioner 250ml
This conditioner uses organic herbs and natural plant proteins to nourish your hair and leaves it soft and manageable. With Jojoba, Avocado oils and lavender pure essential oil.

15. Natural Instinct Natural Shampoo 1Litre With Pump
Handy family size with a pump. Free from harsh chemicals - suitable for all hair types with pure lavender oil and jojoba oil.

16. Natural Instinct Natural Shampoo 250ml
Free from harsh chemicals - suitable for all hair types with pure lavender oil and jojoba oil.

17. Natural Instinct Natural Shampoo 500ml
Free from harsh chemicals - suitable for all hair types with pure lavender oil and jojoba oil.

18. Natural Instinct Toner 125ml
Perfect for sensitive skin - will soothe and balance your skin. Use after cleansing then follow with moisturiser.

http://www.naturallyorganic.co.nz/shop/ ... p?&cat=227
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:51 am

yvon wrote:
noflood wrote:i have incredibly oily hair.. i just use soap

How long is your hair? I thought it was really short?

well it is right now... but ive had long hair and dreadlocks in the past, and i havnt used shampoo in as long as i can remember.

my scalp is still oily.. i scrub it :P

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:58 am

Phil, you deserve a giant roll eyes

:roll: <- not big enough
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:26 am

why? shampoo has no use whatsoever, its just fancy packaged soap...

anita said something about her scalp coming off if she used actual soap... but thats not what yvon is talking about.

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”