Morality and not eat animal products

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
kittenslayer

Postby kittenslayer » Tue May 01, 2007 1:31 pm

Sicinius wrote:
phaedrus wrote:
Sicinius wrote:Didn't know self-preservation was a sound grounds for establishing intelligence.


Self-preservation beyond a standard fight-or-flight response would tend to suggest some form of awareness...


Cows are smarter than us because we create landfills and pollute.

They are not smart enough to grow "untasty" tho :P

User avatar
Sicinius
Posts: 5093
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Brutal Deluxe

Postby Sicinius » Tue May 01, 2007 1:41 pm

phaedrus wrote:
FC wrote:Well I was thinking it more of a "as the most intelligent beings, and by putting us at the top of the food chain, we can do what we like with everything less than us" but that argument applies equally well if thats what you believe I suppose.


The question isn't can we do what we like, it's should we... and you'd still find many people that would argue that humans have no right to claim that other animals are 'less' than us. Human's tend to have a very high opinion of their species and seem not to factor in that we do retarded shit constantly, but just have the ability to con ourselves into thinking it's fine.


If not for intelligence, what else would you use as a basis for whether we can say another species is, as you so eloquently put, "less than us".

Aesthetics aren't really applicable cross species.

Are you saying that since animals have some form of awareness they are automatically as ... whataver... as humans are?

What is the retarded shit we do that you must figure should make us think we're on the same level as other animals? Pollution? Landfills?

Give us a break.
Image

User avatar
Sicinius
Posts: 5093
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Brutal Deluxe

Postby Sicinius » Tue May 01, 2007 2:03 pm

phaedrus wrote:
Sicinius wrote:What is the retarded shit we do that you must figure should make us think we're on the same level as other animals? Pollution? Landfills?


Pollution, landfills, sexual assault, killing for reasons other than survival, fraud, arrogance, bullying etc etc etc - You'd have to have lead a very sheltered life to not be able to immediately ring off a list of ten things that humans do that are stupid.


None of this makes us any dumber than animals.

This is all nonense, it's all so old and boring, I'm just sick of vegans telling us that "we shouldn't eat animals because (...) humans make landfills."
Image

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Postby FC » Tue May 01, 2007 2:07 pm

Hes not, you are.


Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

User avatar
Sicinius
Posts: 5093
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Brutal Deluxe

Postby Sicinius » Tue May 01, 2007 2:11 pm

phaedrus wrote:Human's tend to have a very high opinion of their species and seem not to factor in that we do retarded shit constantly.


Unless you hit a whole lot of keys in the right order by mistake, I think you were trying to use the fact that we create landfills as some sort of evidence for the moral benefits of veganism.

'cause if you weren't, it'd be completely irrelevent.

That's fucking hogwallop.
Image

User avatar
Sicinius
Posts: 5093
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Brutal Deluxe

Postby Sicinius » Tue May 01, 2007 2:23 pm

phaedrus wrote:hahahahahahahahahaha... yeah, vegans everywhere are telling people not to eat animals because humans make landfills. Let me guess, you always got 100% on reading comprehension tests at school? :lol:


The amount of times I've read some bullshit about how humans are stupid because of the rubbish we create or because we create nuclear waste.

To be honest I don't really care. I didn't try to twist your shit to make it easier to dismiss. This whole smarter dumber argument is, well, primarily so completely obvious and also so completely useless.

But, then again, so is all discussion concerning someone telling someone else what they should think is ok to eat.
Image

User avatar
Sicinius
Posts: 5093
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Brutal Deluxe

Postby Sicinius » Tue May 01, 2007 2:31 pm

EG

xwillyx wrote:i figure that humans can kill each other all we like, we are stupid (with obvious exceptions. ie, children, innocent people). but when we start bringing other animals into it for anything other than food ...

mines got a gun, probably deserved it ... dunno what dawns excuse is :wink:
Image

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Tue May 01, 2007 4:43 pm

i tottally agree with P. sinus go wear a sweatshirt made outta fur.

can i eat other beings if it helps me live, alotta time i hear no! and people purport to know and won't listen.

ah humans, i'll do what i know what is right with all resources i have to do things i hate all the time but its called survival.

mind and body.

yes i'm making myself feel better or i might as well top miself because everyone else is right, ah right, systems systems condition.

User avatar
Sicinius
Posts: 5093
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Brutal Deluxe

Postby Sicinius » Tue May 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Future Shock wrote:i might as well top miself
Image

Ph!1
Posts: 23848
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:05 am

Postby Ph!1 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:12 pm

the triumph of stupidity.. its the story of the human race.

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Tue May 01, 2007 7:12 pm

yes and sinus is it. :arrow:


Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests