Tofu questions!

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:09 pm

add a little turmeric to the tofu scramble to "egg the colour up" a bit. tastes good too. i normally add some soy milk (tried soy cream cheese before too), to cream it up a bit as well. works tu meke.

>>>>>>&

Postby >>>>>>& » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:13 pm

fuck i want this for breakfast again, cos strangely, egg being one of the hardest things to replace in vegan food, this shit is better than the real thing.
i am of the mind and the opinion that if something doesn't accept you,
you do everything in your power to fucking destroy it.
i don't care if it's the world, society, your family or a fucking high school
keg party.
you do everything you can to hit back...and strike back.
let go of some of that fucking hatred
i wanna poison this world the way it fuckin poisoned me.
i'm gonna to everthing, EVERYTHING in my power to corrupt, to twist, to
destroy, to rip apart, to poison.
i'm gonna spit my last breath in all your faces.
you're gonna hear me laughin at the end.

Face Like Murder

Postby Face Like Murder » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:54 pm

Get the tofu burger from Offbeat Origionals in Wgtn... sooo amazing.
Dunno what they use for a marinade but it tastes waaayy better than anything I can make at home.

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:17 am

Full wrote:fuck i want this for breakfast again, cos strangely, egg being one of the hardest things to replace in vegan food, this shit is better than the real thing.

word. i definitely prefer tofu scramble to scrambled eggs. you actually get a shitload of scramble out of one small block as well.
my recipe goes:
-one block of bean supreme or other supermarket brand tofu
-one sprig of spring onion
-few tsp of chopped chives
-few tsp of chopped parsley
-one clove of garlic
-half tsp of turmeric
-splash of soy sauce
-3 tsp of soy cream cheese (seriously works well - adds a slightly cheesy flavour and makes it heaps creamy like flash scrambled eggs)
- cracked pepper and salt to taste

i've also had it with that soy ham stuff, works aws as.

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:43 pm

Have the silken stuff raw with grated ginger, chopped spring onions and a decent Japanese soy sauce (Kikkoman for example).

trip up

Postby trip up » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:49 pm

does silken tofu have to be kept the same way as firm tofu, in water and whatnot?

>>>>>>&

Postby >>>>>>& » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:18 pm

ive honestly never kept tofu for mor ethan a few days... i just shove it back it its packet and use it the next day, none of thi shippy stuff.

ive never bought siolken without using it all at once actually, cos its AWESOME at making my GIGANTIC pot of curry all smooth and creamy.

fuck i love my nameless curry.

and so does anyone whose had it.
i am of the mind and the opinion that if something doesn't accept you,
you do everything in your power to fucking destroy it.
i don't care if it's the world, society, your family or a fucking high school
keg party.
you do everything you can to hit back...and strike back.
let go of some of that fucking hatred
i wanna poison this world the way it fuckin poisoned me.
i'm gonna to everthing, EVERYTHING in my power to corrupt, to twist, to
destroy, to rip apart, to poison.
i'm gonna spit my last breath in all your faces.
you're gonna hear me laughin at the end.

trip up

Postby trip up » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:24 pm

i made brownies and it only used 1/4 of a pack

curry sounds like a fucking good idea.....

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:27 pm

mmm scrambled tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.

nameless curry for dinner. actually it will probably be 'chickpea curry' or 'fucking yum curry'
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:03 pm

PertHJ wrote: tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast. tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.tofu for breakfast tofu for breakfast.

Lamb

Postby Lamb » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:41 pm

Curry recipes people!!!!
Doesnt have to be tofu... chickpea and other are good too!

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”