Vegan Straight Edge Prisoner Benefit for Peter Young

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
xsfat

Vegan Straight Edge Prisoner Benefit for Peter Young

Postby xsfat » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:28 am

Background Info -

The following is Peter Young's statement to the court at his sentencing on November 8th, 2005. Peter did a large amount of improvisation, the below text is an approximate account based on his notes and the memory of supporters in the courtroom.

This is the customary time when the defendant expresses regret for the crimes they committed, so let me do that because I am not without my regrets. I am here today to be sentenced for my participation in releasing mink from 6 fur farms. I regret it was only 6. I'm also here today to be sentenced for my participation in the freeing of 8,000 mink from those farms. I regret it was only 8,000. It is my understanding of those 6 farms, only 2 of them have since shut down. I regret it was only 2.

More than anything, I regret my restraint, because whatever damage we did to those businesses, if those farms were left standing, and if one animal was left behind, then it wasn't enough.

I don't wish to validate this proceeding by begging for mercy or appealing to the conscience of the court, because I know if this system had a conscience I would not be here, and in my place would be all the butchers, vivisectors, and fur farmers of the world.

Just as I will remain unbowed before this court- who would see me imprisoned for an act of conscience- I will also deny the fur farmers in the room the pleasure of seeing me bow down before them. To those people here whose sheds I may have visited in 1997, let me tell you directly for the first time, it was a pleasure to raid your farms, and to free those animals you held captive. It is to those animals I answer to, not you or this court. I will forever mark those nights on your property as the most rewarding experience of my life.

And to those farmers or other savages who may read my words in the future and smile at my fate, just remember: We have put more of you in bankruptcy than you have put liberators in prison. Don't forget that.

Let me thank everyone in the courtroom who came to support me today. It is my last wish before prison that each of you drive to a nearby fur farm tonight, tear down its fence and open every cage.

That's all.

UPCOMING CD BENEFITS!
ImageImage

TITLE: V/A - A Benefit for Peter Young

This CD features the first recorded track by 108 in 10 years!

TRACKS
None More Black - "Burning Up The Headphones" (Unreleased)
108 - "TBA" FIRST NEW SONG IN 10 YEARS!!!(Unreleased)
Dead To Me - "By The Throat"
Cherem - “Lies of our Past”
Good Clean Fun - "Drop The Knife"
The Ratchets - “The Way Things Are” (Unreleased)
Propaghandi - "Nailing Descartes to the Wall"
Tamora - "Keep It Real Boo"
Good Riddance - "Darkest Days"
The Unseen - "Rise Above" (Unreleased)
Himsa - "Wither"
Paint It Black - "The New Brutality"
Bouncing Souls - "Born Free" (Live)
The Falcon - "The Blood and The Frog"
Remembering Never - “Runner Up in a Shit Eating Contest”
Goldfinger - "War" (Unreleased)
Jonah Mantranga - “One Big Apology”
Kevin Seconds and The Laugh Riots - “This is Where it Ends for Me” (Unreleased)
With Honor - "Restless" (Unreleased)
7 Generations - "Cauterize"
Strike Anywhere - "You Are Not Collateral Damage" (Unreleased)
Jared Paul - “ABC's for Roger”

TITLE: V/A - Empty the Cages, Free Your Mind: A Vegan Straight Edge Prisoner Benefit for Peter Young

The line-up for this compilation is comprised of bands consisting of members living both a vegan and drug free lifestyle.

BANDS:
Eye Of Judgement (Netherlands)
Confronto (Brazil)
Trial (US)
Day of Suffering (US)
The Swords (Germany)
Overstate (Brazil, Ex-Purification)
Purified In Blood (Norway)
Requiem (US)
New Winds (Portugal)
This Time Tomorrow (US)
Socialized Crucifixion (US)
Attrition (US)
7 Generations (US)
Gather (US)
Risen (US)
Live For This (Brazil)
Oubliette (US)
Birthright (US)

www.supportpeter.com

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:12 am

haha those are some cool cartoons
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Poo

interview

Postby Poo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:04 pm

recent interview with Peter Young here
http://www.abolitionist-online.com/inte ... oung.shtml

Heres how he describes life in a Federal prison

There is a tremendous gap between the perceived daily life of a prisoner inside the US prison system and the reality. The mythology exists in the two extremes while the truth is somewhere in the middle. To one side is the dominant myth of prison as a daily struggle to survive: knife fights, gang rapes and race wars. And on the other: prison is merely some form of alterative housing with a big fence around it; a place where our friends bring us homemade vegan food and inmates order stereo equipment from mailorder catalogues. This latter set of falsehoods was one I did not know existed until I was arrested. Daily I receive mail from individuals asking if I can receive a copy of their band’s demo or if they can mail me a birthday cake; comical notions to someone who is incarcerated or those with even the most basic education on our nation’s prison system. It is endlessly surprising that so many could fail to deduce that an unrestricted flow of items in and out would be severely compromising to the interests of my captors. Nothing in prison is allowed from the goodness of the jailer’s heart.

The truth of prison does nothing to confirm the fantasies of either camp. Prison is a lot of grown men watching TV and playing cards. We have been fed dramatized accounts of prison for so long that the reality is not often welcomed when I tell it. The reality is that there is little sensational stuff happening in daily life inside prison. My schedule is this: Awake at 8am. In federal prison all inmates are required to work, and this work runs the full spectrum from swinging hammers for 8 hours to turning on the sprinklers once daily. My work assignment is at the latter end. I am responsible for emptying exactly 4 trash cans once daily, which I do at 8am. At 8.15am I read whatever newspapers I pulled from the trash cans or I read books until lunch at 11.15am. Currently I am reading a title on the business of freelance writing. At 12pm I write letters, a never-ending labor of love. To all those who have written and not received a response, please know that I read and re-read your letters at least 3 times. Please know that I appreciate them very much and I place them in a box which I will take to my grave. Today I will be writing to a close friend of mine in Salt Lake City. The only thing that can pull me from writing letters is receiving them, and at 5.15 I leave my cell for “mail call”. Soon after, we are called for dinner. At 6pm, I go to the library, to the typing room to work on my less personal more “business-like” correspondence, such as this interview. I also read the LA Times, attend a class on legally forming a non-profit corporation, and make photocopies. At 8pm, I returned to my cellblock and handle various affairs such as assembling my outgoing mail and making phone calls. The only variation in my evening schedule comes on a Saturday when I watch the Headbanger’s Ball program on MTV, which is valuable in providing me a trace of some connection to my previous life in the free world by seeing occasional band with members I used to see at basement shows a decade ago. At 9.45 we are locked in our cells for the night. I finish reading my mail and listen to various radio programs until mid-night.

It’s a life without spontaneity, without highs or lows, without any element of uncertainty beyond whether or not they will corrupt the rice with chicken stock that day.

It’s important to note my prison experience is heavily defined by my case being charged at the federal level rather than state. State prisons are a mixed salad of everything from purse snatchers to grafitti artists. Federal prisons sometimes house a higher class of criminal, offenders convicted of crimes that involve large sums of money (typically large volume drug offenses). While this doesn’t make for the most delightful of housemates, it does keep violent and predatory inmates to a minimum. The prison where I am housed is a medium security facility. As you move to Low to Medium Security facilities, a federal prisoner can expect to find themselves housed with some very exotic criminals, such as computer hackers and jewel smugglers. As stated, the facility where I reside is 85% drug offenders, but being a federal prison it enjoys a different convict culture than a state prison. Most specifically, less politics and less drama. I’m told maximum security federal facilities are a very different climate and should you ever see an animal liberation prisoner with the letters “USP” in their address, give a little more effort to your letter because their life is almost certainly very rough.

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:56 pm

the system will die! united!

fuck the stupids, you know its right and it won't come overnight but it will happen.

ad's are not your friend

Adamov

Postby Adamov » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:30 pm

I didnt know the unseen or bouncing souls supported animal rights. Dont the unseen have a song that says I eat greasy meat and Im proud of it? maybe im thinking of another band.

The second compilation looks cool. Day of suffering for the win.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:38 am

singin about chodes?
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

the croc

Postby the croc » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:56 pm

animals_killing_people wrote:I didnt know the unseen or bouncing souls supported animal rights. Dont the unseen have a song that says I eat greasy meat and Im proud of it? maybe im thinking of another band.

The second compilation looks cool. Day of suffering for the win.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp ... cing_souls

Greg from Bouncing Souls talks to PETA about vegetarianism etc

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=jeph

Jeph from the used talks about animal rights etc
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:51 am

If anyone is into Gather, their song on the vegan sxe compilation is on their myspace, huge step up, sounds great

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:55 am

yea but you vote dontcha, then you won't solve shit if so, its the system that creates it.

Anarchia

Postby Anarchia » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:33 am

Thats a fucking awesome statement quoted at the start.

I QUIT

Postby I QUIT » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:44 am

this time tommorow are awesome
:: This account will no longer be used or checked (I can't even if I want too) if you need to contact me re: shows message the ANCHOR account or get my number of someone ::

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:36 pm

alright, so this is old news but... Peter Young was released in Feb this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Daniel_Young
In August 2005, Young pleaded guilty to "conspiracy to release mink from 6 fur farms in South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Iowa; and the actual release of 2400 mink from a farm in Medford, Wisconsin" and was sentenced to two years in federal prison; 360 hours of community service at a charity "to benefit humans and no other species"; $254,000 restitution; and one year probation. He was released from Victorville, California's federal prison on February 1 2007.

Animal Liberation Activist Peter Young Discusses Legal Issues
http://publish.seattle.indymedia.org/en ... 9091.shtml

BOOT GIRL

Postby BOOT GIRL » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:02 pm

"the system will die!united!
LOL good to see you back

NNY

Postby NNY » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:39 pm

BOOT GIRL wrote:"the system will die!united!
LOL good to see you back

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:55 am

don't panic he's not back.
http://the-unsociable.blogspot.com/

Future Shock wrote:do not talk about afterbirth like that. :cry: they r missed

Whitey

Postby Whitey » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:00 pm

the croc wrote:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp ... cing_souls

Greg from Bouncing Souls talks to PETA about vegetarianism etc

Been looking through other Band videos on this site and there's some really good stuff.
Chur for posting it.
Archive: http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/archive.asp
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”