Dumpster diving

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
Rob Anybody

Re: Dumpster diving

Postby Rob Anybody » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:14 pm

she said they were definitely going ahead with it
snuff wrote:I hate the whole 'atheist' tag eh, It's not like we have a special name for people who don't believe in Santa, they're just adults.

Huey wrote:Trust me, I am ahead of the curve, you just don't realize it.

"I'm not sure about this one ... I think it's about coming of age, I cant remember much about because when it happened to me it was a long time ago. You could buy a packet of fags, a pint of beer and a three piece suit for half a crown and still have enough left to go and see Rudolf Valentino at the Gaumont! I can't afford to go to the pictures these days but I hear they talk in them now."

Dinosaur Death Block

Postby Dinosaur Death Block » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Shame fuckin stupid christian bitch.
Was driving through Mt Eden at about 11:30am today, went to pick some crap up from Geoff's emporium and for some reason decided have a look at the Foodtown bin as I walked passed, 6 prefect casks of red, about 20 bottles of Charlie's pomegranate and soda shit and a few boxes of pizza shapes. Just grabbed it all walked to the car casual as fuck and chucked it in the boot.... Monday night drinks?
chelloveck wrote:in that pic i was very drunk and just about to get laid, cheers for reminding me about that hot filapena chick

Inventor Of D.S.W
DebbieH: Oh. Why doesn't he like girls on girls? Do you have any other friends who like girls on girls??
Zack: I'm not sure why he doesn't like girls on girls. I think it's because he is a holocaust survivor. He doesn't like it when people are lying on top of each other

Guido Hatzis

Postby Guido Hatzis » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Shame fuckin stupid christian bitch.

why shame if she did it? seems a bit OTT cuz

Dinosaur Death Block

Postby Dinosaur Death Block » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 pm

26 posts and I hate you
chelloveck wrote:in that pic i was very drunk and just about to get laid, cheers for reminding me about that hot filapena chick

Inventor Of D.S.W
DebbieH: Oh. Why doesn't he like girls on girls? Do you have any other friends who like girls on girls??
Zack: I'm not sure why he doesn't like girls on girls. I think it's because he is a holocaust survivor. He doesn't like it when people are lying on top of each other

normotheclown

Postby normotheclown » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Woman took daughter on bin burglary spree
Monday, 09 February 2009

A woman equipped with tools for burglary took her teenage daughter with her on a late night stealing spree, Tauranga District Court heard today.

"What sort of example is that?" Judge Louis Bidois asked Julie Ella Hales, an unemployed 36-year-old woman.

He sentenced her to 180 hours' community work on charges of possessing instruments for burglary, theft and unlawfully being in an enclosed yard.

Hales pleaded guilty. The pliers, screwdriver, scissors and gloves she carried were used to get into packaging at the rear of a retail store, said her lawyer, Peter Attwood.

About 1am on the day of the offences the defendant drove to a Tauranga shopping centre, parking her car in a nearby street, prosecutor David Pawson said.

She and her 15-year-old daughter walked through a construction site to the rear of a large retail store where various items that had been returned were kept in bins.

Hales went through the bins selecting goods including food, toys and picture frames, packing them in boxes.

As she started carrying some of the boxes back through the construction site to her car, a passing police patrol noticed movement and went to investigate.

Mr Pawson said officers found the defendant and her daughter crouching by a building with several boxes of items nearby.

The tools and gloves were found in Hales' bag.

She told police she had them for protection. The gloves were for going through rubbish bins.

Admitting she had taken items from the bins, the defendant said she did not regard that as theft.

Saw this article, thought of Punkas ...
SRI SYADASTI SYADAVAKTAVYA SYADASTI SYANNASTI SYADASTI CAVAKTAVYASCA SYADASTI SYANNASTI SYADAVATAVYASCA SYADASTI SYANNASTI SYADAVAKTAVYASCA

All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Rob Anybody

Postby Rob Anybody » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:02 pm

lol...

thats the judge that sentenced me yesterday, and that woman is my mates cousin, hilarious.
snuff wrote:I hate the whole 'atheist' tag eh, It's not like we have a special name for people who don't believe in Santa, they're just adults.

"I'm not sure about this one ... I think it's about coming of age, I cant remember much about because when it happened to me it was a long time ago. You could buy a packet of fags, a pint of beer and a three piece suit for half a crown and still have enough left to go and see Rudolf Valentino at the Gaumont! I can't afford to go to the pictures these days but I hear they talk in them now."

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:01 pm

its a bit ambigious as to the bins were dumpsters / rubbish bins or just storage bins..

found a dead dog in a dumptser last week. was past its use by date

tyrannosaurus mark

Postby tyrannosaurus mark » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:48 am

dumpster diving is not only a victimless crime, it also helps everyone out. Can't imagine anyone being unhappy with people doing it
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

martyrdamn

Postby martyrdamn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:10 am

NO ITS NOT VICTIMLESS THE PEOPLE WHO GET FOOD FROM BINS DON'T BUY IT FROM IT'S RIGHTFUL RETAILERS, JESUS FUCK WHY DOES NO ONE THINK OF THE RETAILERS IN THIS HORRIBLE EQUATION OF WANT, NEED AND THEFT?? JESUS CHRIST IMAGINE A WORLD BUILT ON FREE FOOD WHERE WOULD WE BE THEN EAH?? FINANCIAL CHRISIS IS WHERE>>

i am unhappy with people "doing it".

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:21 pm

cool i made it into a signature quote

Rob Anybody

Postby Rob Anybody » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:48 pm

not to mention the legal aspect, and the sheer lack of respect for private property.
the authorities are bound to act, and supermarkets who have a right to throw anything they like away, it doesnt give you the right to take it.
the law is a sacred institution and is what separates us from monkeys and gang members and africans.

The Real JeffJack.

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:59 pm

fuck up phil, sick of this thread about people raiding your fucking shitehouse.

Rob Anybody

Postby Rob Anybody » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:11 pm

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:35 pm

kimvinn wrote:Hiya,

I am a television journalist based in Wellington, and we are currently looking into doing a story about dumpster diving, and the waste that it highlights. If anyone is interested, as we are quite keen to get this story done this week, my number is 027 426 9976, or email at kimberleyvinnell@gmail.com.

just saw this. wasnt too bad i thought. am expecting to find a few messy bins / novices trying it out during next week or so

Avantime

Postby Avantime » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Looks like you guys got famous, just saw a One news excerpt about dumpster divers.

EDIT:

just saw this. wasnt too bad i thought. am expecting to find a few messy bins / novices trying it out during next week or so

This will certainly mean more security at supermarket bins.

tyrannosaurus mark

Postby tyrannosaurus mark » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Does having people take food out of a supermarkets bin at midnight really piss off the supermarkets?

Dennis from Accounts

Postby Dennis from Accounts » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:04 pm

tyrannosaurus mark wrote:Does having people take food out of a supermarkets bin at midnight really piss off the supermarkets?

Yes, because of "Food Safety" issues, aparantly.
Forums Member of the Year (28.3%)

I've seen the future brother, it is murder.

tyrannosaurus mark

Postby tyrannosaurus mark » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Are the supermarket's liable if someone gets sick or something? Surely not

Dennis from Accounts

Postby Dennis from Accounts » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Not sure. Here's the video

Is 'Kevin' from punkas? :lol:
Forums Member of the Year (28.3%)

I've seen the future brother, it is murder.

tyrannosaurus mark

Postby tyrannosaurus mark » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 pm

hey kev

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:43 am

interesting. That guy said that they are going to encourage people to donate more food to the city mission instead of throwing it out. which was the point anyway. sweet deal
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Brento

Postby Brento » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:23 pm

"Kevin"

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:57 pm

kevins not on punkas but is a good as dude
he found 240 bottles of beer last week.. glad that didnt make it on the news

animosity

Postby animosity » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:36 pm

who keeps stealing my foodtown loot
xxx

[Tim]

Postby [Tim] » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:47 pm

scott penk wrote:kevins not on punkas but is a good as dude
he found 240 bottles of beer last week.. glad that didnt make it on the news

No shit? That's decent as fuck :drinking:

niXon

Postby niXon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:50 pm

animosity wrote:who keeps stealing my foodtown loot

Sorry about that. Scored like 20 cask wines with 3 months left til expiry, 20 boxes of shapes, and about sixteen packets of coffee.

animosity

Postby animosity » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm

also why the fuck is this in the vegan forum :?:
xxx

skeetnigguh
VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO

Postby skeetnigguh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:31 pm

so much anger, so little credibility.
ImageImageImage

Don Lope de Aguirre

Postby Don Lope de Aguirre » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:37 pm

niXon wrote:

Sorry about that. Scored like 20 cask wines with 3 months left til expiry, 20 boxes of shapes, and about sixteen packets of coffee.

Hey niXon, can you give me lessons in being more like you?

niXon

Postby niXon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Don Lope de Aguirre wrote:
niXon wrote:

Hey niXon, can you give me lessons in being more like you?

YES.

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”