This is why the Church is wrong

Discussions, debates and support for and about the Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Trans punk rawk community.
DeadLightCalmNZ
I'm not a kid

This is why the Church is wrong

Postby DeadLightCalmNZ » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:18 am

BALTIMORE (Reuters News) - A jury on Wednesday ordered a Kansas church to pay $2.9 million in compensatory damages to relatives of a gay U.S. Marine after church members cheered his death at his funeral.

The jury in federal court determined that the Westboro Baptist Church based in Topeka, and three of its principals had invaded the privacy of the dead man's family and inflicted emotional distress when they protested at his funeral last year.

The soldier's death was God's punishment on America for tolerating homosexuality, the church's members said.

Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder died in combat in Iraq in March 2006. The Westboro Church was sued by his father, Albert Snyder of York, Pennsylvania. The case was the first civil suit against the church, which has demonstrated at some 300 military funerals in the last two years.

The church, which is unaffiliated to any major denomination, is headed by Rev. Fred Phelps who has been waging a one-man war against homosexuality for years. Most members of the church belong to his extended family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good on that guys dad for suing the Church. I'm not gay but I know a lot of people who are gay men and women and it fucks me off to read storys like this when a suposedly friendly towards all organization like a church does shit like this. Just because you are a homosexual doesnt mean your a bad person or that its wrong. I'm pretty sure that the bible says "that which you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me" and for a group of people who say they love god and jesus when you bash some1 your bashing god. Well thats how I read that.
"soups on, fat boy!"

Phlegmâ„¢

Postby Phlegmâ„¢ » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:31 pm

You know militant straight-edgers back in the late eighties used to go bashing punks who drank and took drugs. Fuck straight-edgers.

Fred Phelps is the guy who runs the godhatesfags website. He's not the run of the mill Christian.

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com Updated with downloads from Trusty, Big Drill Car and Chemical People

DeadLightCalmNZ
I'm not a kid

Postby DeadLightCalmNZ » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Yeah well I'm not a militant Straight Edge guy you fucking moron.
"soups on, fat boy!"

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:10 pm

That's his point, dude. You wouldn't want all Straight Edgers to be held accountable for the actions of some, so be careful to not tar all Christians for the actions of a few.

Devon

Postby Devon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:44 pm

Anyone seen the Louis Theroux documentary on that family? They're fucked.
They also think all other churches are wrong except theirs.

diediemydarling

Postby diediemydarling » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:42 pm

Devon wrote:They also think all other churches are wrong except theirs.

Doesn't every RELIGION think that of other religions?
an exception to the rule...

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:53 pm

diediemydarling wrote:

look at phlegm and matt's posts above again, and see how you might apply the message to your post.
dream comfort memory despair

NNY

Postby NNY » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:25 pm

i think straight edgers should shut the fuck up.
http://the-unsociable.blogspot.com/

Future Shock wrote:do not talk about afterbirth like that. :cry: they r missed

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:10 pm

steeltoedsneakers wrote:
diediemydarling wrote:

look at phlegm and matt's posts above again, and see how you might apply the message to your post.

doesnt apply, with the exception of the eastern religions that dont actually involve a "god" can you think of an example where what he said is not true?
step up to get yo' rep up

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:28 pm

puppykicker wrote:
steeltoedsneakers wrote:
diediemydarling wrote:

doesnt apply, with the exception of the eastern religions that dont actually involve a "god" can you think of an example where what he said is not true?

Sorry, why exactly would we exclude those religions from the argument? Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, and Shintoism all seem like pretty valid religions to me. I think saying we shouldn't worry about them for the case of this argument is a bit naive.. don't you?

Actual apology for how late this reply is, didn't read your post 'til today..

Ph!1

Re: This is why the Church is wrong

Postby Ph!1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:55 am

TOPEKA (Reuters News) - A Kansas church that was ordered to pay $2.9 million in compensatory damages to relatives of a U.S. Marine after church members cheered his death at his funeral has been seen scurrying around soldiers funerals again, this time dressed as goblins and carrying flaming torches.

The jury in federal court determined that the Westboro Baptist Church based in Topeka, and three of its principals had invaded the privacy of the dead man's family and inflicted emotional distress when they protested at the funeral in 2006.

The Phelps family have not swayed from their avowed anti-faggot stance, and have been seen brandishing flaming torches in place of their usual incredibly offensive placards.

The soldier's death was God's punishment on America for tolerating homosexuality, the church's members said.

Marine Lance Cpl. Angry Fordson died in combat in Iraq in May 2007. The Westboro Church was sued by his father, August Fordson of Indochina, Pennsylvania. The church has demonstrated at some 300 military funerals in the last two years.

Mr Fordson later claimed that his son "Didnt even like faggots"
and that he had no tolerance for homosexuals in the military
"Nobody like showering with their bum against the wall" but the morality of the Fordson family does not disuade the Phelps patriach from his staunch anti-funeral postition.
"God is punishing the sodomites" Rev. Phelps burbled happily from behind his plush oak and leather desk, "We are Gods Chosen Children, and we speak of the will and testament of Almighty Jaysus"

The church, which is unaffiliated to any major denomination, is headed by Rev. Fred Phelps who has been waging a one-man war against homosexuality for years. Most members of the church belong to his extended family.
Last edited by Ph!1 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phlegmâ„¢

Postby Phlegmâ„¢ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 am

It's not even a religious debate, really. Even atheists think all spiritual beliefs are wrong except theirs.

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com Updated with downloads from Trusty, Big Drill Car and Chemical People

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:11 pm

steeltoedsneakers wrote:
puppykicker wrote:
steeltoedsneakers wrote:
diediemydarling wrote:

Sorry, why exactly would we exclude those religions from the argument? Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, and Shintoism all seem like pretty valid religions to me. I think saying we shouldn't worry about them for the case of this argument is a bit naive.. don't you?

we exclude them because they dont have a vengeful god like all the other religions. when your spiritualitly is based on looking inside your own mind you dont need to worry about other people. this is good religion, the god who wants you to convert the sinners is bad religion. its a pretty clear distinction, and without exception, those are the only religions that are truely tolerant of everyone elses beliefs.
step up to get yo' rep up

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:20 pm

puppykicker wrote:
steeltoedsneakers wrote:
puppykicker wrote:
steeltoedsneakers wrote:
diediemydarling wrote:

we exclude them because they dont have a vengeful god like all the other religions. when your spiritualitly is based on looking inside your own mind you dont need to worry about other people. this is good religion, the god who wants you to convert the sinners is bad religion. its a pretty clear distinction, and without exception, those are the only religions that are truely tolerant of everyone elses beliefs.

So, although exclusive religions think they're the bees knees and everyone else got it wrong, non-exclusive religions are still religions - which is why i took exception to diemydarling's post in the first place..

heh, you said bad religion..

Return to “Queer Topics”