you fag

Discussions, debates and support for and about the Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Trans punk rawk community.
cirE

you fag

Postby cirE » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:39 pm

a lot of people use gay/faggot/queer in a derog manner in their everyday speech... but they deny that they're homophobes

a recent encounter with a regular munter...

"shut up you faggot"
"don't like people of my sexual preference huh? afraid of us? or just not comfortable with sexuality?" (everytime someone calls me "gay" i like to reply with accusations of homophobia... just my way really...)
"no i'm not saying that you're gay, and i don't have anything against homosexuals, fuck up, i just think you're a faggot"

so uh
discuss language, maybe?
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

Future Shock

oilo

Postby Future Shock » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:53 pm

G.E.T. S.O.M.E. S.L.E.E.P. zzzzzz

cirE

Postby cirE » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:57 pm

it's not even 7pm and i got up round 10am today
i'm still pretty awake thx vry mch :!: asl lol

0.21 6.78 3.31

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:58 pm

Go fuck a boy you homofag.

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:20 pm

Actually, the one I keep catching myself doing is using "gay" for something bad. As in, "that is SO gay." I think that's a really bad one, because it attaches negative connotations to being gay.

Now I have a running in-joke with people where you instead say, "That is so fuckin' straight" for something bad. "That is completely hetero."

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:24 pm

I never really caught on to calling things 'gay'.

The only time I'll ever use sexuality as an insult is as a joke. (see above)

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:15 pm

it wouldnt be funny if i said 'this thread is so fucking gay'

i try not to say 'gay' in that context, but without much success, sorry everyone.

Future Shock

oilo

Postby Future Shock » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:18 am

freedom of words, gay means happy and faggot's is a pair of stix, nigga is a coloquialism which I wouldn't dare use in front of a homie and nigger is a rascit term denoting a negro who was often seen as a lower form of being, you fags(I mean smokes).
burn books.

cirE

Re: oilo

Postby cirE » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:25 am

Blurgh wrote:you fags(I mean smokes)
haha

0.21 6.78 3.31

flinders_

Postby flinders_ » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:57 am

Its strange, Homophobia (and Racism) seem so outdated to me when I hear people say 'fag' or (white people) say 'nigger' it seems almost quaint.

But yeah, it sucks when you know you have no homophobia inside you but you find yourself saying 'fag' or 'thats fucken gay'. I guess its a primary/secondary school hangover.
leith wrote:get drunk as fuck.. smoke weed all the next day and get drunk again.

georgasaur

Postby georgasaur » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:45 am

Terrible, and the sad thing is you kind of pick up on it. I've done it before and then quickly gone "ooh, that sounded horrible"

People shouldn't use "fag" or "gay" as derogatory insults.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:03 am

pisses me off no end sometimes when people use gay or fag like its a bad thing or something, my responses usually go something like cires. actually bothered making a complaint about someone at uni using fag like that and they got in a bit of strife haha :lol:
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Future Shock

oilo

Postby Future Shock » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:13 pm

yes its true I cringe and I do also beleive though whether it's contextual or your motives or belief's, such as somone going on all day anbout how fags are taking over and that guitar solo is gay.

it certainly doesn't help in attitudes to people who get enough shit already, look i did it again, I don't mean they get covered in shit literally but they may as well do.

xWhenItPainsItRoarsx

Postby xWhenItPainsItRoarsx » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:15 pm

fags
TUB GIRL wrote:dewd, tone down the hateing plz.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:29 pm

Im sure theres a lot of pissed off old people who used to like using "gay" to mean happy. Ive heard my grandparents do it a fair bit.

Tomatos tamatos.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:25 pm

Matt wrote:Actually, the one I keep catching myself doing is using "gay" for something bad. As in, "that is SO gay." I think that's a really bad one, because it attaches negative connotations to being gay.

Now I have a running in-joke with people where you instead say, "That is so fuckin' straight" for something bad. "That is completely hetero."

I had some gay friends who used to say stuff like that.
OHMIGAWDTHATISSO -HET-
http://aotearoa666.com/

Former Child Star

Postby Former Child Star » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:48 pm

i stopped using it...and broke my lil brother of the habit too.

the only time i'll use it is in a self ironic fashion.

oh...there was one time where i drove a flat full of pink polo shirted rugger heads into a frenzy:

OI! cocksucker, learn to park your car properly

what? did you call me gay?

no, i said you were a cocksucker, and that you park poorly because you're in a hurry to fit in the flat daisy chain before the rugby starts

*cue running away*

ted the bastard

Postby ted the bastard » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:19 pm

Wax wrote:it wouldnt be funny if i said 'this thread is so fucking gay'

i try not to say 'gay' in that context, but without much success, sorry everyone.

and i get called a fairy last week for refusing to use this kind of slang :?

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:45 pm

xWhenItPainsItRoarsx wrote:fags

yeh you only come in the queer forum cos youre so damn straight.

Future Shock

oilo

Postby Future Shock » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:15 pm

I think Mel said it best you breeders, hetero is so out right now, they fuck up everything, kill heteros, gay power.

damn white people, nobody who uses it as a general description for themselves likes for it it to be used as a term for all things bad, almost bringing it back to a bigots point of view.

I've given up though, so many peole use it, sumtimez I do sumtimez I don't but yea it's wrong.

Ace McWicked

Postby Ace McWicked » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:42 pm

I used to not do it and now I oft find myself saying that something is 'gay' or 'homo-fucking-fag-nuts.' I don't actually like doing it but then calling someone a 'fucken 'tard', a 'useless spastic cock-monkey' or 'Phil Collins' is also abusive to whole other sections of society if it is to be taken in the context that 'gay' means 'homosexual', and I think it was meant to be taken in that context, at least initially. Moral lesson, terms of abuse are prejudicial and it is wrong but people do it more often than they think.

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:53 pm

I remember when "Panel beater" was used as a term of abuse.

Ace McWicked

Postby Ace McWicked » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:26 pm

Trinity wrote:I remember when "Panel beater" was used as a term of abuse.

Excuse my obvious retardedness, but were they actually referring to those who realligned car panels?

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:51 am

To me gay has many connotations, it means "happy" "homosexual" "idiot" and "effeminate" All the terms are exclusive of each other.

It's like "motherfucker" that has good and bad connotations. Mothers need loving too!
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

Dennis from Accounts

Postby Dennis from Accounts » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:56 pm

Yea, but not too much

8O
Forums Member of the Year (28.3%)

I've seen the future brother, it is murder.

Dan Last
Vibe Bringer

Postby Dan Last » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:35 am

Ace McWicked wrote: but then calling someone a 'fucken 'tard', a 'useless spastic cock-monkey' or 'Phil Collins' is also abusive to whole other sections of society

Image :lol:
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

Future Shock

oi!

Postby Future Shock » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:16 pm

yea like cock :wink: fuckin @ P! stupid fucking diabetics :lol: its the connatation its made or taken in.

if you mean that your a damn human and you say it with such bitter vitriol, it could be taken as an insult becasue that person doesn't know why your so angry at them and people don't like to be wrong :wink:

I suggest not going up to a 'gay' perosn and saying 'fag' unless unless you know them or you want to get smacked.
mind you be like going up to a holocaust survivor and going jew! it can be a slippery slope if at the same time your not setting others straight on their connatation.

I think more people should say 'meh' and dance in the pale light of the moon' ahahaha.

Future Shock

wiwi

Postby Future Shock » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:21 pm

yea except if its affect your livelihood in the broadest sense.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:25 pm

personally, im less worried about my inbuilt predjudices torwards faggots and niggers as i am towards fat people.

ive said things a few times around a weighty person and saw their face and thought:

*fuck im an insensitive bastard i am*

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:23 am

yeah thats a pretty good point and is something that can significantly contribute to crushing someones self esteem for years. i've done it myself around some really good friends who i in no way would even dream of wanting to hurt or make feel bad. it's worth noting how some throw away comment about some obese person you see across the road, on telly or whatever can effect someone who is senstive about their weight.

some amazing beautiful people i know and love have been pretty messed up and made to feel like shit about themselves by arseholes telling them they are fat or whatever, or just by the bullshit portrayal of the 'ideal' body imaged jammed down our throats by the media. and a silly comment made without thinking can bring back all those feelings for them. and it sucks. and i kick myself everytime i do it without thinking
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Return to “Queer Topics”